PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new to this board

ursa major
07-02-2002, 09:42 AM
Hello All,

I am new to this board and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Richard and I am a student of 7 Star for about 5 years now.

Before that time I was studying Long Fist, Hapkido and Jui-Jitsu. Before that I was studying Hung-Gar (still practice it do to this day) and before that Kempo (still practice this as well).

I am not a 'club hopper' or 'style-of-the-month' MA which I am sure we have all seen too much of. I just moved around alot in my career so studied what I could where and when I could.

I've been in the same place long enough now to assimilate a fair bit of 7 Star and liked it so much that I have pretty much dropped all the rest. I also have found some great people to train with in 7 Star which IMO is 1/2 the battle.

Anyway, this is a great board and I find the subjects very interesting and responses knowledgeable.

regards,
Richard.

SaMantis
07-02-2002, 10:02 AM
Welcome aboard, Richard!

Yep, there are some very enthusiastic and knowledgable mantis practitioners on this board. Glad to see new people!

:)

Ryan
07-02-2002, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the boards. I'm new as well.

NorthernMantis
07-02-2002, 02:25 PM
Great to see you on kfo . Hope to eschange info with you int the future.

Skarbromantis
07-02-2002, 05:42 PM
Welcome :D

seven_stars
07-07-2002, 03:02 PM
o hi i also take seven stars. i take it under Purnel. where are you from?

ursa major
07-08-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by seven_stars
o hi i also take seven stars. i take it under Purnel. where are you from?

Hello seven_stars, I am currently from the Toronto, Canada area. Previously I was in B.C. for many years. I have been training under Sifu Chow's branch for several years and more recently under Sifu Jon Funk's branch.

regards,
RP.