PDA

View Full Version : This Sucks

ewallace
07-02-2002, 10:32 AM
Were having a **** flood here. My sister's neighborhood was just evacuated. This sucks.

Sorry for the rant.

Chang Style Novice
07-02-2002, 10:42 AM
Flooding here, too. I mean RIGHT HERE, in my apartment. The wall between my kitchen and dining area (aka painting studio) is evidently right underneath a huge and deep puddle on my flat roof, and the water is creeping down the siding and dripping from the doorframe into a series of buckets I've set up. It's also leaking onto the floor where the frame meets the linoleum, so I'm developing puddles despite my bucket placement. I have to mop about once every few hours. It looks like the entire wall will have to be torn out and replaced due to flood damage when I move out.

And I lost my umbrella.

Chang Style Novice
07-02-2002, 10:44 AM
What kind of halfwit moron schmuck puts a flat roof on a building in an area that gets downpours anyway?

MonkeySlap Too
07-02-2002, 11:08 AM
It won't rain here until November. Man, I'm tired of these warm, sunny days. :p

Hai_To
07-02-2002, 02:31 PM
Chang Style Novice,

Welcome to my world. I've had more than my fair share of floods in my apartment. Lets see, 5 floods caused by hot water heaters giving up the ghost (only one of those hot water heaters was in my apartment), one flood caused by a hurricane in 1999 (that was a good one) and then the leaky window where the plaster collapsed in 1996. Other than all of those problems, its a pretty good apartment. :D Everything has been repaired and I haven't had any problems in a while (knock on wood).

(I'm not including the one where the bathroom sink leapt off the wall in a mad dash for freedom either.)

KC Elbows
07-02-2002, 03:28 PM
So ewallace, would you say you are whining, or whinging?:D

Look at the bright side. Unless you have to cr@p, everywhere in your house is the bathroom.

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-02-2002, 07:11 PM
floods suck dude. we had one in 94 or 95 that made cnn. some of the houses around where i live now were covered to the rooftops. my house would have still been covered to the first floor. the house i lived in at the time is on the highest street on the island, so we got lucky and it only covered our basement in river sh!t.

SevenStar
07-02-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by MonkeySlap Too
It won't rain here until November. Man, I'm tired of these warm, sunny days. :p

bah, it's flooding here too, but it's still like 90 degrees out. on my way home from class tonight, I drove through water that was about up to the base of my car's door.

dezhen2001
07-03-2002, 02:01 AM
Hope everything's ok for you guys!
And i thought we had rain problems in the UK :p

david

ewallace
07-03-2002, 07:38 AM
I would say that I am floating with a "g".

I was down the street talking with a couple firemen the other night. The road which is a fairly busy street, had become a river. They said that cars had been floating down the road.

To give you all an idea how fast it can happen, I was talking to a young lady (no she was not a hottie) who was with her little girl. They had gone into blockbuster to rent a movie. She said that when they got out of the car, the street was just wet. They knew exactly which movie they wanted, grabbed it and paid for it. Took about 3-5 minutes. When they walked back to their car, water was already inside the car. They were left stranded since that road and the road that runs parallel to it were completely flooded. Like I said, this sucks.

guohuen
07-03-2002, 07:59 AM
Same kind of half witted moronic schmuck that puts flat roofs in an area that gets multiple feet of snow.:D " I own a hammer, therefore I am a builder." Thumps chest
P.S. Don't drive across any submerged areas of highway. It's almost always deeper than it looks.

Cody
07-03-2002, 08:17 AM
Hope things drain soon. How's the weather report? or shouldn't I ask.
Agree. Not safe to drive into the waters, not unless you have a convertible -- a Noah's Ark Mobile.

keep safe, and dry,

Cody

ewallace
07-03-2002, 08:23 AM
The radar does not look good. The front has been stalled directly on top of us since late sunday. It is moving VERY slowly and should be outta here by tomorrow. That can't come soon enough. There are a lot of folks here that just cannot handle anymore rain. And what's odd is this is pretty much the desert. 5 days ago we were put on water restrictions because the aquifer got to 650 feet, which is stage 1 restrictions. Last I heard it was at 664. It will probably be up to around 675 once it's all said and done. That's thirty feet of water in 4 days folks, and that is underground too.

ewallace
07-03-2002, 12:30 PM
This is 1 mile from my apartment and it's a major highway:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,56888,00.html

Budokan
07-03-2002, 12:48 PM
I lived in south Texas a good part of my childhood and I remember some real gully-washers. That's the nature of the Texas weather-beast, I'm afraid. But if it keeps raining you could build an ark.

Cody
07-03-2002, 01:49 PM
Who gets to go? Two of each kind. What kind? Two reps from each art! Maybe some exceptions can be made. Mortal Combat becomes a competition for who gets on The Ark. Suddenly, so many more arts to choose from. All aboard! The Ark sinks. There's got to be a better way.
I've finally lost it. sizzle, sputter, poof.

Cody

ewallace
07-03-2002, 01:56 PM
That would be a great ****in movie!

gazza99
07-03-2002, 03:02 PM
that it does..keep on swimming

Cody
07-03-2002, 03:34 PM
ewallace, I agree! I bet it would sell. Two markets at least -- martial arts, and disaster. It does sound good.

gazza99. you made me laugh. It would be a good line for the movie. But, whose?

gazza99
07-03-2002, 03:45 PM
A movie eh? how about OE simon merging with a sperm bank
the results would be "Celestial"