PDA

View Full Version : wing chun schools in north west england

danny james1
07-02-2002, 02:29 PM
i am currently training in south london but shall be moving to southport shortly were i wish to continue my training. i am having difficultys finding any instructors in the area and would be grate full if anyone has any suggestions.
danny.

Nat from UK
07-03-2002, 12:35 AM
I think Master Kwok (Samuel) lives in or around Blackpool so presume that the should be a good chance of one of his students having a club somewhere around Southport.

StuartM on this board is an instructor in Master Kwoks association he may have a better idea.

Good Luck with finding a school.

Just curious who did you train with in London ??

Nat from UK

stuartm
07-03-2002, 01:00 AM
Hi Nat / Danny,

If you go to www.kwokwingchun.demon.co.uk you will find a list of authorised instructors under Sifu Kwok. If you can i would suggest gooing to Sifu's class in Blackpool, i think on a monday night. Emphasis on loads of chi sau / combat. There are loads of clubs in our association in this area.

Good luck !

Stuart

fantom
07-03-2002, 07:26 PM
Do not know the area but try

http://www.cebridge.com.au/Ipman/

only students with lineage to Yip Man though

Cheers

danny james1
07-04-2002, 01:08 PM
thanks for that,i was unaware sam kwok taught in blackpool i thought he was london based for some reason. at the moment i train under kevin chan with the kamon martial arts federation and shall be sorry to leave.

Neo
07-05-2002, 07:59 AM
Its still unofficial at the moment, but I shall be moving to manchester in September / October so will be looking to open EBMAS classes up there at some point. Naturally you will be most welcome to check the classes out when the time arises.

Good luck in your quest! :D