PDA

View Full Version : Oh God Yes!!!!!!!

KC Elbows
07-02-2002, 03:16 PM
It's not that sort of thread, you sickos.

Just got off of the phone with my teacher. For the time I've been practicing with him, the first two hours of workout have consisted of grueling workouts, which are great, don't get me wrong. However, being the oldest guy in class and having to do my best with the 20 year olds who haven't properly abused their bodies with enough sparring yet, there are times where I go way past exhaustion, and occasionaly refresh injuries and such. Plus, it makes it really hard to plan my own workouts, as I'll do strength training for a certain area, then at class find out we're working the same area.

Well, my teacher was calling to tell me that the location we practice at is temporarily changing, plus to see how I was doing(I've been working two jobs, so the last two weeks, most of my practice is on my own, and I haven't seen him or my classmates). Anyway, I asked how everyone was coming along, and he said that they were really progressing well, which I figured, as they'd made a lot of progress in the last six months. He said that, now that he had a core group that stuck out the period of hell workouts, he was gonna expect all of them to get their workouts on their own, and work the kung fu. He even said that I could have skipped any of the workouts that I needed, as he felt I'd proven myself a while ago, which was cool to hear. Then, when I was telling him that I'd be in next week with questions, he said he wanted to make sure that I wasn't worried about not being able to make it in, cause I always come in with questions when there's gonna be a class I miss, and when I come back, I always have the changes implemented(I don't know if this is always true, but I try).

Anyway, I can schedule my own workouts again!!! And my teacher is happy with my progress!!!!

Now if I could just get my favorite throw to work in sparring.

Just wanted to share. Having a teacher who is also a friend is the sh1t, I tell you.

SevenStar
07-02-2002, 10:57 PM
congrats. You're fortunate to have such a good relationship with your sifu

ewallace
07-03-2002, 08:28 AM
quit whinging you *****.

KC Elbows
07-03-2002, 08:31 AM
I prefer to whine.

Budokan
07-03-2002, 12:53 PM
And you do it well. :D

But as to your post, I agree -- it's a good thing to have an instructor who is also a friend to help you out like that.

Budokan
07-03-2002, 12:54 PM
Oh, by the way...

May I also add that I for one was somewhat disappointed that it wasn't one of "those" kinds of posts?:p

KC Elbows
07-03-2002, 01:19 PM
"May I also add that I for one was somewhat disappointed that it wasn't one of "those" kinds of posts?"

Now that you're here Budokan, it is!!:eek: :eek:

gazza99
07-03-2002, 03:00 PM
dam