View Full Version : Bruce Lee: A Warriors Journey Documentary is on TV tonite

Order
07-02-2002, 07:41 PM
Bruce Lee: A Warriors Journey Tues, 7/2 at 8PM ET on AMC Channel

A complex man with a singular talent, film star and martial arts legend Bruce
Lee accomplished many things during his brief 32 years, his career highlight
being Enter the Dragon (1973), the movie where his collective skill at karate,
judo,
tai kwan do, tai chi chuan, hapkido, and Jeet Kune Do (an "anti-style of martial
arts Lee created himself) were most spectacularly showcased on the big
screen. But one thing Lee never completed was Game of Death, the movie he
was writing, producing, directing, choreographing and starring in at the time
of his death in 1973.

On Tuesday July 2 at 8PM ET, you're invited to see never-before-seen footage
from Lee's unfinished The Game of Death, as well as in in-depth look at the
triumphs and tragedies of the legendary icon during the premiere of our
90-minute documentary Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey.

yutyeesam
07-03-2002, 05:58 AM
That last half hour of Game of Death uncut was phenomenal. Luckily, I taped it. I'm never ever going to watch the previous version of Game of Death.

If you've ever seen Bruce Lee: the Legend, there are a bunch of out takes and scenes of Game of Death that you just don't understand. This showing of the uncut last half hour put all that stuff together and it finally all made sense.

Too bad he couldn't arrange with Taky Kimura in time to do the Praying Mantis fight.

After seeing how awesome that last half hour was, it was kind of depressing, b/c we can only imagine how good the whole movie would've been had he finished it.

Chum Kil
07-03-2002, 08:37 AM
Right you are yutyeesam. I also taped it.

chen zhen
07-07-2002, 10:54 AM
Is it possible to buy Game of Death in the uncut version on video or DVD? but the extra scenes has to be good, for the original version S-U-C-K-E-D.
Has to be worth it:cool:

yutyeesam
07-08-2002, 10:33 AM
I think since they just released it on AMC, you probably can't find it on video or DVD very easily. Your best bet would be to find someone who has taped it, and have them send you a copy.

It's a good question, tho. I wonder when this will hit the shelves? Once it does, the cut-up version of Game of Death might fall into obscurity, or be among the ranks of a Bruce Lee imitation/splice&dice movie.

I just can't understand **WHY** the cut up version was released in the first place?? Was it a racial thing, b/c they wanted a bunch of white actors to star, to ensure a solid sales foundation? Bruce's story idea of the Korean Underworld sounded awesome...why did they not take it?

txwingchun
07-08-2002, 02:17 PM
Bruce Lee a warrior's journey is available on DVD i just boaught it at suncoast this weekend. And the uncut Game of death footage is awesome.

n0rmann
07-08-2002, 04:06 PM
The cut up version was released to make money. Bruce Lee's name was big. At that time, they didn't have much. Supposedly, they just found that 30 minutes that was in the documentary recently. Unfortunately, there's nothing else, so they'll never release that by itself.

yutyeesam
07-11-2002, 11:37 AM
Hmm. I don't know if I believe that, b/c
1. How did they *NOT* have the original 30 minutes? That means it was cut up before they (the producers) got their hands on it...I feel like there is leap I have to make to accept that.

2. If you remember in the cut up version of Game of Death, there's a short scene where James Tien looks up at Kareem before getting beaten up by him. But no James Tien in the rest of the movie, and conveniently, in any of the final fight scenes. They had to have had the footage.

3. Also, a majority of this "newly discovered" footage can be seen in a Bruce Lee documentary called "Bruce Lee: The Legend" in 1984.

So I really believe they had the footage all along, and it still alludes me why they didn't use more of it earlier...for one thing, they would have made probably more money than they did.

chen zhen
07-14-2002, 09:36 AM
What can you expect to see in the extra 30 minutes?

Shaolindynasty
07-14-2002, 10:00 AM
"Bruce Lee a warrior's journey is available on DVD i just boaught it at suncoast this weekend. And the uncut Game of death footage is awesome."

Wow, I did the same this weekend

The extra 30 minutes of footage are pretty good, There is some philosophy as he kicks Insantos @$$, allot of him rolling his eyes as he waits for his comrades to finish getting whooped and also some extra philosophy when he fights kareem and extra fight footage that actually makes the sene have more sense. Also the documentary is good.