PDA

View Full Version : bagwork?

Pawa-eri-to
07-02-2002, 08:53 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows how to incorperate bagwork into taichi, or is that even possible?

kungfu cowboy
07-02-2002, 09:12 PM
Take separate moves out of the form and do them on the bag.

Liokault
07-04-2002, 11:32 AM
Of course it is.

Any one training in an art that is trying to teach you to hit should be hitting a bag at some point.

Even if it does nothing else it will teach your body what it feels like to impact on a heavy object.

Just keep the tai chi concepts there while you are hitting and do not try to be a boxer just because you are hitting a bag.

Pawa-eri-to
07-04-2002, 05:53 PM
I dont know, I just cant seem to get the hang of relaxing when I am using the bag, and I cant seem to project any energy into the action.

count
07-04-2002, 06:25 PM
Use a heavy bag that hangs, not the kind that stands. Work with a partner. When your partner pushes the bag at you use roll back and peng or ahn or ji. Mix it up. Remember, relax does not mean limp or even loose. Keep good posture and root. You could also practice throwing the kind of heavy bag with arms and legs.

You can also use a kicking bag with a partner for a more active training. Have your partner use the kicking bag like a shield. They should try to hit you with it. Try and get past or around it. Make sure you are using good applications.

Just be creative and you can make up lot's of ways to drill your applications using equipment. But as was said, "don't try to be a boxer", use good tai chi priciples.