PDA

View Full Version : Hung Gar forms

Ray
07-04-2001, 09:07 PM
Does any one know about the Fo Chin Kuen form of Hung Gar????

WongFeHung
07-04-2001, 11:44 PM
Fo Chin might be a misspell or mis pronounciation. There is foa chum-meaning to sink and float-which are methods of developing body connection and ging.There is also Fujian meaning the province in China where the Southern Shaolin Temple was-Fukien Siu-Lum in Cantonese. Where do you study Hung-Ga and who is your Sifu? Perhaps there is a form in your curriculum which might have another origin other than Hung Kuen and your Sifu teaches it to develop certain attributes.

Paul Skrypichayko
07-04-2001, 11:56 PM
check the kungfu forum for more responses

Ray
07-05-2001, 10:19 PM
Take a look to this web

http://www.geocities.com/fuhokp/media.htm

Ray
07-09-2001, 03:05 AM
Last year in a Gung Fu tournament, I saw a Hung Ga brother from the Tang Fong lineage doing Lau Gar Kuen as I know the Lau Gar Kuen is it not part of the Tang Fong lineage and look very similar to the Chiu Kau lineage. Does they add the Lau Gar Kuen to the Tang Fong lineage, what other form they added to they Hung Ga training??

WongFeHung
07-09-2001, 06:20 AM
Sounds like you saw Sifu David Gonzalez' guys. He is my student, Although we practice Tang-Fung Hung Kuen, I also have been taught Lam Sai-Wing family and some village Hung Kuen as well, and we also have incorperated the minor sets into the curriculum. As a side note, Robert Chu used to teach these forms to some of the guys at Yee's Hung-Ga, and they filtered down as well.

Ray
07-09-2001, 03:23 PM
Nice to met you Sifu!! And thanks to reply my question to. Yes is it Sifu Gonzalez. The Hung Ga villege how different are from the Lam Sai Wing's Hung Ga or Tang Fong's Hung Ga, how are they forms?? We also practiced the Choy Li Fut style!!

Thanks you Sifu

namkuen
07-10-2001, 12:35 AM
From whom did you learn Hung Gar?

Peace!!!

DWR

One who conquers others is strong, but one who conquers himself is mighty! Lao Tzu

WongFeHung
07-10-2001, 04:49 AM
Lots of people, one was Micheal Manganiello, who was under Yee Chi Wai, but he broke ties with him. I still studied with him, but also went into Chinatown with my brothers to study with Sifu Yee, and later privately-although briefly. I had a parting of ways with Sifu M, but went on to study and eventually Bai-Si to Sifu Tsang Wai-Ming. We trained one on one for a few years,and was force-fed Hung Kuen and some Hung Sing Choy Li Fut(brain cramp)and other intense stuff and now I am trying to absorb and refine what I have. There are others, who do not at this time wish to go public for various reasons(for example,one old man, has been asked by many in his community to teach, but he is afraid of the gangs and prefers to spend his days working at a factory winding spools of thread, but has a small group in the park-the guy does a wicked luk dim bun gwun)Some I suppose are not U.S. citizens-some are probably cold-blooded killers (just kidding)I don't really ask these kinds of questions.It's concidered rude to question your Sifu. These kind of people stay out of the limelight. The village Hung kuen is kind of like Guongdong Hung-Ga,with a Bak Mei flavor, sort of. Anyway, I am still the eternal student, always learning, refining, and developing my gung-fu. I feel that once you think you know it all, you've stopped learning, therefore stopped growing-which is decline and death.