PDA

View Full Version : Grappling blindfolded

KnightSabre
07-04-2002, 04:36 AM
Hi Guys,

On Tuesday Night,thanks to the blindfighting thread,I made my students grapple blindfolded.
Afterwards everyone of them came up to me and comented on how it made them use their feelings and other senses.
The all said that it improved their feeling for where the apponents weight was distrabuted.

Anywayz thanks guys I'm gonna use this drill alot more.

guohuen
07-04-2002, 09:10 AM
Don't remember if it was mentioned but try striking blindfolded. Eyes closed will suffice.

qeySuS
07-08-2002, 02:03 PM
i know at least one guy at the gym taht always rolled with his eyes closed (i think so at least, that's what it looked like). Half the time your not seeing what your doing anyway.

PaulLin
07-08-2002, 04:06 PM
Blind folded or eye closed training, in my personal experience, is very benefitial. It is a way to discover many important way of sensing that was ignored and further more to correct the mistakes that you couldn't find in a long time when you can see. I missed the blindfighting thread, that is very good you have brought this up KnightSabre, it should help many people.

BrentCarey
07-09-2002, 11:47 AM
I don't have anthing new to add, I just noticed that the worn out TKF thread was almost off the first page of topics and wanted to push it over the edge like most people.