PDA

View Full Version : my rant

Stryder
07-04-2002, 03:04 PM
I've read most of the threads and only now do I comment. Years and years ago, more than I wish to count. I joined TKF in Edmonton, the head instructor was Mr. Shergold and for the life of me I cannot remember my teachers name, but that's unimportant. I was in Tae Kwon Do for about three years before joining so my kicks were pretty good as well as my stances. I joined up and if I remember correctly my beginning course was $400.00. I thought it expensive but if it last 6 months to a year big deal. Well a month later after recieving my next belt level I was told I need to pay again. That was after one month!! One class I remember, we were doing side thrusting kicks back and forth, my instructor would kick and I would block then vice versa. He was blocking pretty hard and my leg was getting bruised but I didn't ***** about it. The problem I had though was he telling me repeatedly to not block so hard!

Another note. The club I'm going to now, in Edmonton, is very well respected and they were also part of the opening ceremonies at the world track and field games in Edmonton. They teach 2 hours every night except friday and 4 hours on sunday and the cost doesn't come close to what I was expected to pay to go to TKF at least 13 years ago.

SevenStar
07-04-2002, 03:07 PM
It sucks to get taken like that. The unsuspecting public has no idea about the quality of what they are learning, and the teachers sap them for their money....it's a shame.

jun_erh
07-04-2002, 03:14 PM
All I have to say is Temple Kung Fu is a great great school. Definately one of the best in the world hands down. Places like Shaolin Temple don't compare at all. OE Simon is too legit to quit like MC Hammer. I've met a great many fighters from there and they are ALL TOTALLY UNSTOPABLEyet very artistically great with a more or less complete understanding of the sublime to say it's a dump that bilks innocent people out of cash and seems to teach them alot of useless **** while skipping important **** is a terrible terrible lie!!! I won't stand for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Felipe Bido
07-04-2002, 03:21 PM
It's been said that Grandmaster Simon staged the fake moon landings....

Xebsball
07-04-2002, 03:35 PM
:D

LOL

African Tiger
07-04-2002, 03:46 PM
Another survivor of TKF....Terrible Kult Fanatics

Welcome back to Real Fu, brother!

wushu chik
07-04-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by jun_erh
All I have to say is Temple Kung Fu is a great great school. Definately one of the best in the world hands down. Places like Shaolin Temple don't compare at all. OE Simon is too legit to quit like MC Hammer. I've met a great many fighters from there and they are ALL TOTALLY UNSTOPABLEyet very artistically great with a more or less complete understanding of the sublime to say it's a dump that bilks innocent people out of cash and seems to teach them alot of useless **** while skipping important **** is a terrible terrible lie!!! I won't stand for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OK, Wen's confused again. You trolls are really starting to give me the creeps. Saying sh!t like that is NOT FUNNY. I am about ready to crawl into a hole, because I am REALLY REALLY scared.

dezhen2001
07-05-2002, 01:16 AM
U mean they FAKED the moon landing! :eek::D
Hope you train hard with your new teacher and develop good skill :)

good luck,

david