PDA

View Full Version : Pulled Hamstring

ChiWarrior
07-04-2002, 03:12 PM
I was stretching and throwing sidekicks the other day. I kicked with my right, and felt my left hamstring pop. I'm able to walk and run, but when I go to through any type of kick with my left foot, I cant go above chest high(Im normally head or above). It hurts some when I do a dropstance as well. It happend Saturday, how long would you say it will take to get back to normal? (It isnt major or anything, just pulled I think.)

Kungfu boy
07-05-2002, 03:25 AM
I would lay off for a couple of days, like 2-3. If you have to train something, like I do, then just do boxing/hand techniques. Nothing that impacts that leg. After the few days rest, start to stretch again lightly, do kicks slowly so not to hurt it again right off. Keep the kicks rather low, waist to chest area. In about a week(7 days or so)start back into the higher kicks, but the second you feel tension in that leg, ease off and give it a few more days rest. Now all this I just said, you can take with a grain of salt because I am only speaking from my own experience, when small problems can become major ones real quick. If your leg seems to heal fast good but I would still not train lower body for 2-3 days.

Don't want to permanently damage anything. It just sucks when your laid out and can't kick with one of your legs for a month, especially when you do Muay Thai like me.]]

Oh and no running either.