PDA

View Full Version : Za Zhuang vs Sil lum tao(Wing CHuns qi-gong)

dre_doggX
07-05-2002, 11:36 AM
Can I get the same effects from Sil lum tao(Wing CHun meditation) that I get from Standing Meditaion. Like empty force?

What do you think is the defensives. I mean I think the Za Zhaung(SM) the kind common in TC, XI and BGZ is opens all the channels at ones right. will does wingchuns Sil lum tao open all the channels, It definitly builds qi but which meditation can build it faster??

Kumkuat
07-05-2002, 01:07 PM
Isn't sil lum tao a form not a posture like zhang zhuang?

doug maverick
07-06-2002, 08:28 AM
the i know why your asking because sil nim tao is down so slow,but know and about the empty force think don't waste your time it's useless it can only work if the person is a student of yours,but empty force is good for accupressure theres a guy in the ny chinatown who's real good at it he said he studied yi chuan for year i got him to teach me the first posture, he told me that empty force would be usless in a fight unless the person was a student of yours cause the technique(when used in a fight)is 90% hipnosis, but he did show a cool fa jin trick i put my hand on his stomach(note:i'm 6'4 215 pounds)and he discharge chi through his stomach and knocked me back like 10 or 15 feet.
"it's not what you know, it's what you can prove"

Zantesuken
07-08-2002, 03:47 PM
doug! how did he achieve that? cause i met someone from china who did that to me except he had his friend catch me hehe. he said to develop everything you need dun yiu (excercise) which builds your stance and zhan zhaung (standing meditation) which develops your chi and sensitivity and rooting. he kept on stressing those so i'm assuming they're key.

and you ever notice that you don't really feel anything? you just notice yourself moving back. it's sweeet:D

dre_doggX
07-09-2002, 12:48 PM
could you explain in better detail is it just excerise, like cardio kungfu stuff

Zantesuken
07-09-2002, 05:37 PM
not cardio. toh yiu? haha i don't know any literal english translation. it's like the rollback then push forward excercise over and over. opens up your spine and also strengthens it. also opens up your bones so your skin becomes more sensitive same with zhan zhaung.

dun yiu is SORT of like crouching downa nd moving back up but not exactly. you don't actually crouch because your knees never exceed your toes. so it's more like sitting into a chair. that one builds your leg strength and your stance.

and by basic excercises those are the ones i mean

doug maverick
07-13-2002, 07:57 AM
the guy i met said that along with the sant ti stances of yi chuan he also practiced nei kung training i recommend tim cartmill xing yi nei gung thats what my sifu does it really good and powerfull after about six month you'll feel your chi getting stronger.