PDA

View Full Version : Za Zhuang vs Sil lum tao(Wing CHuns qi-gong)

dre_doggX
07-05-2002, 11:39 AM
Can I get the same effects from Sil lum tao(Wing CHun meditation) that I get from Standing Meditaion. like empty force?

What do you think is the defensives. I mean I think the Za Zhaung(SM) the kind common in TC, XI and BGZ is opens all the channels at ones right. will does wingchuns Sil lum tao open all the channels, It definitly builds qi but which meditation can build it faster??

CanadianBadAss
07-05-2002, 12:27 PM
It depends who you learn the Sil lum tao from. Diffrent lineages have more emphasis on the internal part of the form then others, and some people just see it as a collection of techniques.

David Jamieson
07-05-2002, 01:11 PM
They are two different things that develop the same types of energy but manifestations are different.

Think of it like this.

A television

A Radio

Both use electricity, but manifest the energy of electricity differently.

Zhang Zhuang (standing post) is done without motion, Siu Nim Tao employs motion.

peace

Shaolindynasty
07-05-2002, 01:27 PM
I hope you don't mean empty force as in "no touch knockouts":D

David Jamieson
07-07-2002, 07:13 AM
Exercises like these will develop your own unity.

what I mean by that is that you will develop the abillity to match breath with force expelation, have correct alignment and really be able to "feel" and understand the range of motion that you have in your 360 degree sphere of physical influence.

The mind, the body and the breath as one in stillness and motion is the aim of exercises such as have been mentioned.

no touch force is a whole other horse.

peace