PDA

View Full Version : differents beginning in choy lay fut foms

RAIN
07-05-2002, 11:42 AM
in his panther's videos of 1980 master tat mau wong execute tuet jin kuen open the form with cross palms before the darn na / salute . but in his new videos he exucute the same form open with seung yum chop choy before seung fu jao / salute .

how do you make his opennings in tuet jin kuen and siu ping kuen ?

CLFNole
07-05-2002, 08:10 PM
Rain:

It is quite common within our lineage to have 2 openings to the same form. There are two traditional openings either: sup gee jong which opens for sup gee kow dah kuen, tuet tsin kuen, ping kuen, ping chan keun, ng ying kuen and moi fah bat gwa kuen. The other opening is bat gwa sum jong which opens bat gwa sum kuen, hok ying kuen, fu ying kuen, fu pow kuen, joi baat seen kuen and fut gar jeurng.

There is also a short bow that can be utilized will all of the forms, usually starting from the side with a hands grabbing on each side of the body followed by stepping into a sheung gwa choy then step into twist stance fu jow or dahn la then bow and begin the form. The shorten opening is used for demostrations and sometimes for tournaments.

Peace.

RAIN
07-06-2002, 12:05 PM
thank you for the answer bro .

what means sup gee jong or bat gwa sum jong ?

i think the bAT GWA opening is the one in fut ga kuen and 8 drunked inmortals . this boew is called in the lee koon hung book " snake sliding , mouse running " . is the same right ?

the short bow i'd mencioned must be the one in siu muy fah poster from grandmaster lee koon hung .

CLFNole
07-06-2002, 01:20 PM
Rain:

The bat kwa opening is similar to the snake sliding & mouse running in LKH's book but it is not the same it is a little longer.

The opening on the Siu Moi Fah poster is unique ti that form only. The short opening I talked about previously is a bit different.

Peace.