PDA

View Full Version : personal question

FistOfTheNorthSide
07-05-2002, 08:20 PM
Well this isn't a fun one to ask but how do I treat hemorriods? I'm not particularly happy about suddenly having them and I really don't know much about them. What are they and how do I get rid of them and stop the pain? I thought I was still too young to get them and haven't known anyone else who has. My sifu did tell a story about monks sitting to long in seiza and not clenching their perrenium and getting hemorriods from the chi trying escape and leading the blood down there. Any advice and help would be appreciated.

awakenwired
07-06-2002, 10:47 AM
That's awful. Never had it but I know there's medication and such at local pharmacies. Directions for applications I'm assuming are on the back of the tube. ;)

As far as someone getting it, I've heard that sitting on concrete or metal, (Basically cold surfaces) for too long can be a bad thing. Odd though with that being the case why there are so many concrete benches around in public and private gardens and such. Anyway I've heard that same advice from many different sources I have no scientific research to back it up though. I have heard of the condition to get severe enough to require surgery. :eek: Don't let it go that far.

PLCrane
07-06-2002, 09:29 PM
You need to contract your perineum whenever you do anything to increase intra-abdominal pressure, like lifting a weight or hitting something (or someone). Otherwise, it creates back-pressure on the veins and makes them pop out. Straining at the stool is the classic example of this, so make sure you have plenty of fiber in your diet and drink plenty of water.

I never much liked the stuff in the tube, but it does work. Witch hazel pads help, too. Acupuncture (to the top of the head, of all places) can also be very helpful.

Helicopter
07-08-2002, 05:35 AM
Stuff 'em back up your ring!

And yes I am serious, I had them a few years ago and asked my Mum (Nursing Sister) and that's whats she told me (I'm paraphrasing a bit.) When your ring is relaxed your should try and push 'em back up. It didn't work the first time I tried, as I remember, but did after a couple more goes.

Can't believe I'm writing this, but you had the balls to ask.

jpcm

Crimson Phoenix
07-08-2002, 06:06 AM
Tiger balm works really well, just rub a good layer...LOLOLOL, no I'm joking
Anyway, I had heard of specific plant decoctions but I don't remember them...maybe you might want to try at some chinese herbalist...

FistOfTheNorthSide
07-17-2002, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the response.

Helicopter
07-17-2002, 04:52 AM
thanks for not letting us know how you got on.
:)

ewallace
07-17-2002, 06:21 AM
tucks pads work well and are not messy. dont try to push out your poop. and NO tacos for at least a week.

Kope
07-17-2002, 06:45 AM
Try to eat as much raw veggies and fruit in your diet as possible and limit cooked foods - particularly meats - for a few weeks.

Along with a good anti-itch cream and some anti-inflammatories this works wonders.

Also, drink LOTS of water -- 8-12 8oz glasses a day. The combination of being well hydrated with a very high-fibre diet will give your body what it needs to heal up itself.

The anti-itch and anti-inflam stuff just makes it more comfortable until things get back to normal.

sticky fingers
07-22-2002, 09:33 AM
Hemorroids are like Kung Fu - there's internal and external :D

Unfortunately I get external ones occasionally, it runs in my family. They are extremely painful and sometimes I can barely walk. The creams in pharmacies do little for me. As for any other type of swelling, I found cold works best in relieving the pain and inflammation. Spray cold water on your arsehole in the shower. I have even used ice cubes directly on them (be careful with this one)...then try to push them back up with some vaseline.

FistOfTheNorthSide
07-23-2002, 02:28 AM
I'm vegan so I get plenty of fiber and I do drink a lot of water. It turns out my mom and dad both get them too. Cream is helping and I can poo without it hurting for 8 hours now. It was really, really bad. I went to the doctor but as usual he was useless. I didn't have anyl luck pushing them back in. Is pushing them back in just for internal hemmoriods? I really can't figure out how this happen. I don't sit or stand all day and I don't strain on the pot. Is this genetic?

Kay k
07-23-2002, 06:48 AM
Well, on a kinda serious note, about 2 months ago my cousin recovered from a form of thrombosis that was found in a hemmeroid. He went to the doctor's with a serious pain in his lower back. it was pretty bad, they sent him to hospital and he had to be operated on. The nurse said he probably got the hemmoroid from sitting on cold surfaces for too long. He's 23 and has worked in a cold storage area for 3 years, so it kinda figures! The only amusing thing was he had to wear a nappy-like bandage for 3 weeks afterwards! :D

xx

sticky fingers
07-23-2002, 08:50 AM
http://www.fascrs.org/brochures/hemorrhoids.html

yes, they are genetic...you can blame your mum & dad:(
I live a fairly healthy lifestyle too but it just happens sometimes without any known cause.
no, you can't push back internal hemorroids, they are already inside.

Interesting, the part that says about 50% of the population get them after age 30, so there are a lot more ppl here on these forums who get them than are willing to admit...

Former castleva
07-26-2002, 07:11 AM
I´ve got the idea that many do have them,more than one could think.
Picking one´s guts to tell a rightkind of doctor will probably help,many people who got help later thought they should have done it a lot earlier.

Justa Man
07-26-2002, 11:26 AM
aloe vera gel works well in soothing and healing them too.