PDA

View Full Version : Personal question

FistOfTheNorthSide
07-05-2002, 08:21 PM
Well this isn't a fun one to ask but how do I treat hemorriods? I'm not particularly happy about suddenly having them and I really don't know much about them. What are they and how do I get rid of them and stop the pain? I thought I was still too young to get them and haven't known anyone else who has. My sifu did tell a story about monks sitting to long in seiza and not clenching their perrenium and getting hemorriods from the chi trying escape and leading the blood down there. Any advice and help would be appreciated.

David Jamieson
07-06-2002, 04:23 PM
Preparation H or something like it is the obvious answer.
Also, when you meditate, do you use a cushion?

Sometimes, if the cushion is too small it will push against the anus and hence the roids.also, if you sit on cold or hard surfaces, this will irritate your anus as well.

Keep comfortable, and don't stress the area with cold, stone or pressure from your cushion or the heel of your foot.

Also bicycling or motorcycling can cause them too. wear thicker pants.

Peac

Repulsive Monkey
07-08-2002, 06:06 AM
Massaging Du 1 should help as an Acupuncture point its main functions are to treat Haemorrhoids and to treat the effects of prolapsed anuses.

Du 1 can be found inbetween the posterior edge of the openng to the anus just off of the tip of the Coccyx. Find the end of the Coccyx and gently massage the point with initial pressure ubtil you locate a slight tenderness and the continue to massage the tenderness for a few minutes, but not with too much pressure.

FistOfTheNorthSide
07-23-2002, 02:52 AM
D1 didn't work out. Thanks for the replys.