PDA

View Full Version : Is it necessary to get a tui na massage after doing intense body conditioning?

phantom
07-07-2002, 11:32 AM
Somebdoy told me that it is a good idea to get a tui na massge after taking some good hits, like if your arms get banged hard when doing three star blocking and wooden dummy training, and kicking bags with your shins hard. Well, massage sessions run around fifty dollars or so, so if you go to a couple of sessions a week, it will easily add up to hundreds of dollars. I do not see how I can come up with enough money to keep up with that. So is it really necessary to get the massage after doing the conditioning, or is it just something that is good to do if you can? Thanks in advance.

phantom
07-09-2002, 02:31 PM
Could I learn how to do the massage from a book, or do I really need to take some massage classes to learn how to do it? Thanks in advance.

phantom
07-10-2002, 12:47 PM
Thanks again, guohuen. Peace.

Helicopter
07-24-2002, 06:37 AM
We do self-massage on our arms and legs after conditioning exercises. The technique is like giving yourself a 'Chinese Burn' except you rub up the length of your limb 'pushing the blood back to the heart'.

(If you get huge apples on your shins hot and cold compresses work well.)

jpcm

Leimeng
07-24-2002, 10:44 PM
NO, Not neccessary, but it feels reeeaaaaallll good!

Peace

Sin Loi

Yi Beng Kan Xue

Serpent
07-24-2002, 11:15 PM
Here's a question. When you get the lumps and bumps from conditioning and you massage them out, do you rub down the arm/leg (away form the heart) or the other way or both. I know one poster said to rub it back towards the heart.

What do people think of that?

mantis-1
07-25-2002, 05:08 AM
I was always taught rub the bruise away from the heart not towards it.

peace

Serpent
07-25-2002, 04:49 PM
'Swhat I thought. I was always taught to rub it both ways, but always finish up away from the heart.

Former castleva
07-30-2002, 01:14 PM
If you do hard arm conditioning (blocking) etc. I recommend blocking with the outer side of forearm (bone),not that much the inner (is it called radial bone or something?) Getting hit to inner side may cause the bone to break or the arm to go numb,I think itīs less likely with another part.
Just my opinion though.
Train hard.