PDA

View Full Version : The Ten Basic movements of Chu Gar by Sifu Tang Yat Loong

FIRE HAWK
07-07-2002, 02:26 PM
I have in this old magazine the ten basic movements of Chu Gar Southern Mantis by master Tang Yat Loong this shows pictures and things of these movements and writings of each movemet they are Man Kung Sau (bow pulling hand) Bow Chong Sau (prefighting stance) Ying Sau (shadow hand) Tarn Sau (Springing hand) Gow Tsui (whirling fist ) Luk Kiu (rolling bridge) Got Kiu (bridge cutting ) Pa Sau (chopping hand) Sar Kiu (bridge blocking) Lo Sau ( hand sliding) there are other things in this to in the selfdefense movements like the Phoenix Eye fist and palm strikes in this old magazine from 1976 .

Pak Mei student
07-09-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by FIRE HAWK
I have in this old magazine the ten basic movements of Chu Gar Southern Mantis by master Tang Yat Loong this shows pictures and things of these movements and writings of each movemet they are Man Kung Sau (bow pulling hand) Bow Chong Sau (prefighting stance) Ying Sau (shadow hand) Tarn Sau (Springing hand) Gow Tsui (whirling fist ) Luk Kiu (rolling bridge) Got Kiu (bridge cutting ) Pa Sau (chopping hand) Sar Kiu (bridge blocking) Lo Sau ( hand sliding) there are other things in this to in the selfdefense movements like the Phoenix Eye fist and palm strikes in this old magazine from 1976 .

I read the book the secret of Phoenix eye fist. Have you read it?

It is chu gar.

TaoBoy
07-11-2002, 05:07 PM
Hey Fire Hawk,

Can you post the article somewhere?
I'd love to see those pics.

Cheers,
TB.

FIRE HAWK
07-11-2002, 10:21 PM
Try this website some of these pictures are in the magazine .
It is the same Chu Gar southern mantis master Dong Yat Long .
http://www.bambootemple.com/tng180.htm

TaoBoy
07-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Love your work.

Many thanks!

hakka jai
11-09-2004, 08:41 AM
hi folks,
Does anyone know if Yip shui's other kung fu brothers carried on teaching chu gar to the public & if they did ,where ?????.

Cheers
hakka jai