PDA

View Full Version : straight sword kit

jun_erh
07-08-2002, 10:05 AM
I got my straight sword kit in the mail. The sword is fine, but the video is a big problem. First of all, I'm not even sure it's the right one. It's called "straight swordplay wushu routine" or something. It doesn't show how to do any of the techniques. For example: it will say "cloud over" or "figure 8", etc. I have no idea how to cloud with a sword. Has there been a mistake? If not, do you really expect anyone to learn from this video?

i liked the 3 section staff kit alot because it started with techniques then had two different routines. what's up?

GeneChing
07-08-2002, 10:47 AM
The video currently used for the straight sword master kit is that wushu one. It has been a steady seller with no problems thus far. We sell videos of all levels and those wushu ones do have a lot of high level skills. But so far, our customers have been satisfied with the master kits. It's really just marketing - basically a weapon and a video at a discount - and our customers love discounts.

jun_erh
07-15-2002, 10:56 AM
I think a step by step video of a basic form would be much cooler.

GeneChing
07-15-2002, 11:11 AM
But we don't carry one that is quite so fundamental and you gotta start somewhere. You are to mention it. It's funny actually. Our best selling master kit is the nunchuku master kit and we've had one complaint on that one completely opposite to yours - he said it was too basic. Can't please everyone all the time....

jun_erh
07-16-2002, 12:00 PM
gene

I just got the email about the new kits. Could I please exchange the wushu video for the bodhidharma sword video that it now comes with? I'd be happy to pay for the difference in price for the videos if there is one.
I have two other videos from the Shaolin series already.

GeneChing
07-17-2002, 08:51 AM
You'll have to contact Manny, who supervises MartialArtsMart.com. You can reach him at sales@martialartsmart.com

jun_erh
07-18-2002, 02:07 PM
Dear Chris,
Thank you for your interest in MartialArtsMart. Unfortuntely, becuase this is a
new weapon kit, and you had already ordered previously, we are unable to
exchange. You will actually have to purchase the weapon kit or the video
seperatly. I am very sorry for any inconevenience. If you have any other
questions, please feel free to email.
Thank you
Margie
Martialartsmart

HADRICK99@aol.com wrote:

> Hi I received the straight sword kit I ordered a few weeks ago. I was happy
> with the sword but had some problems with the video. I had a dialogue with
> Gene Ching about this at the kung fu forum under the tc media heading.
> Yesterday I received an email describing the new kits, which appears to be
> the same sword, but with the Shaolin video rather than the wushu one. As I
> already own two videos from this series and have issues with the wushu video,
> coupled with the fact that you were changing them anyway (sorry if that's not
> too clear, I'm not a great writer) I would like to know if I could exchange
> the wushu video for the shaolin sword video. I would be happy to pay any
> difference in price. Thank you
> Chris Hadrick

GeneChing
07-19-2002, 09:16 AM
MartialArtsmart policy is beyond my control. The 'shaolin' kit is a higher price. The Shaolin video is from an outside source, so the discount of the kit is taken off the weapon alone. The wushu video was ours so both the weapon and video was discounted. We are discontinuing that video since our distirbution rights for that title have expired.

jun_erh
07-19-2002, 10:32 AM
that's okay. Worse things have happened to better people. It's funny though when she says I could buy the new kit in order to get the other video. There's a hardcore sales person. I'd have to change my screen name to two sword Jonny which I'm not prepared to do, so i guess I'll just buy the video, either through you all or over at Silky Way here in Bos:D

GeneChing
07-22-2002, 09:57 AM
She's a great sales person (but not a great speller.) Here's a pic of her, not the most flattering one but that's just because our photographer was off that day..
http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/lonsleevtshi.html

jun_erh
08-03-2002, 11:54 AM
she's hot

GeneChing
08-06-2002, 11:56 AM
We're all hot here in this office ;)

sean_stonehart
08-09-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by jun_erh
she's hot

hell yeah!!!

GeneChing
08-09-2002, 03:55 PM
She's actually very sweet. It's a privaledge to work with her.

jun_erh
08-11-2002, 09:36 AM
I prefer when they wear the hair down. Much easier to pull that way

GeneChing
08-12-2002, 09:34 AM
but i will mention it to margie for the next shoot.

M_ArtsMargie
09-27-2002, 11:13 AM
I DID NOT MEAN TO SOUND MEAN ON THE STRAIGHT SWORD KIT. SORRY. JUST COMPANY POLICY

****SO YOU THINK I SHOULD WHERE MY HAIR DOWN NEXT SHOOT HUH?
MAYBE......MAYBE....... KE KE KE
KUIA MAKA MAKA OWE

jun_erh
09-28-2002, 12:28 PM
MA margie

It's okay about the ssk. Also, I meant no direspect. I have alot of personal problems. You look very pretty in the picture.

Kill houle

GeneChing
09-30-2002, 10:31 AM
Now you'll have to deal with ma margie personally and there'll be hell to pay.:p