PDA

View Full Version : The End In 2050?

BAI HE
07-09-2002, 04:52 AM
Stardate 2050: Interstellar Search for Starbucks Begins

Tuesday, July 09, 2002
By Kelley Beaucar Vlahos

WASHINGTON — The planet is set to expire in the year 2050 due to the over-consumption of natural resources, with the United States being the worst offender, according to a report expected to be released Tuesday.

The World Wildlife Fund is keeping a tight grip on its "Living Planet" study, but the U.K.'s Guardian Unlimited Observer Monday said the report warns that the human race will no longer be able to sustain itself on this planet in 50 years.

"In a ****ing condemnation of Western society's high consumptive levels, [the report] adds that the extra planets [the equivalent size of Earth] will be required by the year 2050 as existing resources are exhausted," the Observer wrote.

Kyla Evans, a spokeswoman for the WFF in Sweden, said the general theme of the British article is accurate, adding that the report is meant to set off alarm bells against rapid resource depletion. But neither she nor members of the Washington, D.C.-based staff would comment further on the Earth's expected expiration date.

"We're continuing to look at the depletion of world resources," Evans said. "In the report, we have figures for most of the countries in the world, how much they are using and what it means to each person."

Not everyone is buying into the "chicken little" hysteria.

"At the end of the day I don't think WWF credibility is much different from the World Wrestling Federation," said Jerry Taylor, director of the Natural Resources and Environmental Studies Department for the Cato Institute, alluding to WWF's recent success in a lawsuit against the wrestling organization that forced a name change to World Wrestling Entertainment to avoid confusion.

"I think someone needs to start drug testing employees of the World Wildlife Fund," he added.

"It's the 'chicken little syndrome' that we are all going to die unless we mend our evil ways," said Myron Ebell, a global warming and environmental analyst with the Competitive Enterprise Institute.

The WWF's 2000 "Living Planet" study found that the demands being placed on the Earth's natural resources were already 30 percent higher than the Earth's ability to sustain them. It said the planet lost more than 30 percent of its natural resources in the last three decades and that by 2025, two-thirds of the world's population will be experiencing water shortages.

The international organization contends that such rapid depletion has already resulted in extended periods of drought and famine in underdeveloped, poor countries, and will continue to add to extreme weather patterns and natural disasters if consumption, which includes deforestation, fish depopulation and energy, is not curbed on a wide-scale basis.

In addition, Monday's article said the study will also reveal that the world's forest cover decreased 12 percent between 1970 and 2002, the Earth's biodiversity dropped by a third and freshwater ecosystems shrank by 55 percent. It blames the United States for most of the burden on the environment.

Pro-environment officials like David Cherry, a spokesman for the Environmental Defense Fund, said the numbers are frightening and the race to industrialize the Third World creates a challenge, but he expressed concern that the WWF's putting a date on the Earth's inability to sustain itself gives detractors too much ammunition to attack their goals.

Ebell said that despite the WWF's claims, other studies are widely available that indicate that not only is agricultural production higher than ever, air and water in developed regions are cleaner and energy sources are more abundant.

Ebell acknowledged that in the poorer areas of the world, such as the Amazon basin, forests are being depleted faster, but overall the loss is not as devastating as the WFF and supporters contend. And, he added, the panic-stricken don't take into account "human ingenuity."

"Our only limit to natural resources is human ingenuity," he said. "For a while human beings had to use wood for energy and now we use coal and tomorrow we will use something else. If you agreed that the only place to find energy was in whale oil … well, yes, this would be conceived as a crisis, I suppose."

Jobs at Fox News Channel. Internships at Fox News Channel.
Terms of use. Privacy Statement. For FoxNews.com comments write to
foxnewsonline@foxnews.com; For Fox News Channel comments write to
comments@foxnews.com
For the latest in sports news, visit www.foxsports.com.
©Associated Press. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2002 Standard & Poor's
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

black and blue
07-09-2002, 05:53 AM
**** Americans... shafting the world as usual.

A cup of Kyoto tea, Mr Bush?

ewallace
07-09-2002, 06:00 AM
You might want to do a little history research about your country before you make comments like the one above.

Kay k
07-09-2002, 06:08 AM
Well if you actually believe that, were all as guilty as each other. And it doesn't really matter anyway. "live for the moment". (apparently) :)

ewallace
07-09-2002, 06:11 AM
Yup. When you come to the conclusion that everybody sucks you generally become more content with the world.

Helicopter
07-09-2002, 06:11 AM
Only fifty years left. D@mn! I'd better get practicing!

jpcm

black and blue
07-09-2002, 06:12 AM
We chopped down those trees and dazzled the world with Industrialisation... we 'borrowed' a few (and created a few) opium routes... Mmmm... fun times.

But like the report says - massive damage (the biggest ever seen if we discount an ice age) in the last 50 years, with the US kindly giving us the biggest contribution of pollution and environmental destruction. :(

To quote The Divine Comedy: "Hey, don't be suprised, if millions die in plague and murder - True happiness lies, beyond your fries and Happy Burger..."

Thinking, naturally, of Brazilian rain forests being hacked to bits so McDonald's cows can graze and maize be planted for... errr... fries.

Just my little rant for today.

BAI HE
07-09-2002, 06:16 AM
BandB - At least we have emission standards here in the colonies.
Step outside and smell the petrol.

POP IN THE BENNY HILL TAPE!!!

black and blue
07-09-2002, 06:23 AM
But US standards are so low :D What can you say, your LEADER has a vested interest me thinks.

What I want to know, is how much bloody paper (and third world trees) was used for those dodgy ballot papers and the admin for the recount!!! ;)

And yes... Benny Hill rocks! A chubby chap running after a bunch of women in underwear... to the sound of crazy music... with action and music sped up to twice the normal speed = pure genius.

(Hee Hee... vested interest... could my subconscious mind have been linking Benny to George?... spooky... like the idiot US film exec who gave the go-ahead to a Scooby Do movie).

Darn it, you Yanks have a lot to answer for.

BAI HE
07-09-2002, 06:28 AM
RANT OF THE WEEK:

PAGE SIX

By RICHARD JOHNSON with PAULA FROELICH and CHRIS WILSON
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 9, 2002 -- Vapid Vidal in Dubya tirade

LOUD-MOUTHED literary lunkhead Gore Vidal calls President Bush a "mindless" clown who’s destined to leave office as "the most unpopular president in history."

"Some people say they support Bush because he blew up all those funny-sounding cities," Vidal tells L.A. Weekly, "[but] that doesn’t mean they like him. Mark my words . . . The junta has done too much damage." As for Bush’s high approval rating, he snorts, "Don’t you know how the polls are rigged?"

"The president doesn’t govern by polls, whether predicted by Mr. Vidal or anyone else," White House spokesman Ken Lisaius told PAGE SIX. "He’s focused on winning the war on terrorism, protecting the homeland and increasing economic security for all hard-working Americans."

But Vidal, 76, who writes in his new collection of essays, "Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace: How We Got to Be So Hated," that the U.S. government is a "source of evil," says of Bush’s "axis of evil" quote: "He doesn’t even know what the word axis means . . . This is about as mindless a statement as you could make."

Seemingly oblivious to the deaths of 3,000 Americans at the hands of terrorists, Vidal calls Bush a "cheerleader" who bought the Texas Rangers "with other people’s money. Oil people’s money. So he’s never really worked, and he shows very little capacity for learning."

Vidal tells the paper that Bush is "convinced we are idiots. And we are not idiots. We are cowed. Cowed by disinformation from the media.

"Americans have no idea of the extent of their government’s mischief," Vidal claims. He says the war in Afghanistan was not about terrorism but rather "an imperial grab for energy resources" designed to profit American oil companies.

Vidal is also still fuming about the election, in which Bush defeated Vidal’s distant cousin Al Gore, declaring, "The current junta in charge of our affairs [is] one not legally elected, but put in charge of us by the Supreme Court in the interests of the oil and gas and defense lobbies."

Proclaiming himself "the last defender of the republic," Vidal says we are living in "an arbitrary police state." And although he hates right-wingers, he calls liberals "the slowest and the stupidest, because they do not understand their interests. The right wing are the bad guys, but they know what they want - everybody else’s money."

Ego_Extrodinaire
07-09-2002, 06:34 AM
Bai He

you worry too much. NASA has found water on Mars! The Americans will find a solution to the world's problems. They have tightened security at airports and will continue to bring rogue governments to justice. Share prices for biuotech companies will soar to new hights and Americans like me will have a healthy retirement fund.

black and blue
07-09-2002, 06:36 AM
Sad truths for funny lies.

Still, the US has given us Jerry Springer... no wait, wasn't he born in the UK? :rolleyes:

With 50 years to go I should start up smoking again. We're all to be doomed for the sake of the steel industry etc... ah... the steel problem.

:D

Ps. Ego-X: By rogue countries I hope you don't mean Afghanistan - and the real rogue who was/is living there is still at large. Maybe this is why airport security is so tight. To stop him getting in? ;)

Pity Afghanistan weddings :(

Mr Punch
07-09-2002, 06:43 AM
What the **** has Benny Hill got to do with this!? It's only you fat ****s that like him, we just export the fat ****.

BTW, just did a quick search on the Cato Institute and the Competetitive Enterprise Institute. They seem like a nice bunch of very scientific and objective (and did I mention well-funded?) researchers... :rolleyes:

black and blue
07-09-2002, 06:48 AM
An oxymoron these days. The only reports I believe are those found on the onion.com.

Mat - what are you doing in Japan? Travel, work?

BAI HE
07-09-2002, 06:52 AM
THANKS FOR ALLIEVIATING MY FEARS EGO

Mr Punch
07-09-2002, 06:59 AM
Work and ma.

Sorry, off for a quickie. Back in two minutes twenty-five seconds...!:D

BAI HE
07-09-2002, 07:02 AM
BTW - Doesn't O.E. Simon already live on Mars?

KUNGROBICS!!!!!!!!!!

black and blue
07-09-2002, 07:05 AM
Errr.... Mat.... if spanking the monkey helps with your typing... great, but lets not talk about.

Esp. in front of the Americans... the English are gentlemen don't you know.

:rolleyes: ;) :D

Radhnoti
07-09-2002, 07:19 AM
A free-market economy (...well...basically) and the "human ingenuity" mentioned earlier hasn't failed us yet. :cool:

Reports like this are, in my estimation, the typical scaremongering places like this tend to do to advance some agenda and secure their funding. :rolleyes:

kungfu cowboy
07-09-2002, 07:45 AM
Best case senario: everything is fine until the sun goes supernova, then it gets all messed up anyway. Why worry?

KC Elbows
07-09-2002, 08:38 AM
I hope the sun doesn't go supernova before the end of the world. I've been stockpiling styrofoam in a hidden location in the midwest in order to get a better view of the stars without that pesky ozone getting in the way. I want to see my hard work really pay off.

BTW, does anyone have any old cans of hairspray they could send me? This new stuff isn't anywhere near as harmful to the environment as the old stuff.

guohuen
07-09-2002, 09:25 AM
Gee, my barcode tatoo itches. Hope we go supernova soon.

African Tiger
07-09-2002, 09:50 AM
All the more reason to smoke as much weed as possible.

BTW Black and Blue, when you brits learn to cook, THEN you can criticize the U.S. ;)

Unless you honestly think of Fish and Chips as a culinary masterpiece, then there's no hope for you guys at all.

But I'll give you one complement: at least you're not the French or those who think they're French, like some Canadians.

Justa Man
07-09-2002, 10:42 AM
http://www.war-times.org

ahhhh, gotta love the u.s.

MonkeyBoy
07-09-2002, 11:25 AM
Cut down all the trees and there will be such a premium put on Oxygen that the USA will make it better and cheaper than nature.

KC Elbows
07-09-2002, 12:54 PM
Nah, that'll just cause a worlwide recession due to drop in value of carbon dioxide.

Royal Dragon
07-09-2002, 05:46 PM
The lack of oygen will kill of the animals and people too, thus exasborating the reseccion due to a significant drop in demand!!!:eek:

David Jamieson
07-09-2002, 05:59 PM
uhhh, trees use as much oxygen as they give...look it up.

as for one 1st world nation pointing the finger at another, well, that's just laughable. We who live in these nations that allow for the incredible overuse of natural resources have no place pointing a finger at anyone but ourselves as individuals.

I personally do not believe that we can live the way we do without touching nature, it's that simple. You wanna live in a house, take a subway, read a paper eat some fast food? well someone has to ecologically pay for that.

besides, prince chuck and his wwf have their own agenda and believe me, it has little to do with the overall peace and well being of the planet and more to do with the survival of the monarchy in england as some stupid divine pile of...

never mind, it's all a load of hooey and you read it here first.

peaceh

KC Elbows
07-09-2002, 06:24 PM
I agree. Modern life has it's costs, the best we can do at present is minimize the impact it has and minimize our need for luxuries that cause further impact. And learn.

I don't know about the whole Prince Chucky thing, though, sounds like a bunch of "hippy talk".:p ;) :D

kungfu cowboy
07-09-2002, 07:10 PM
Why the heck worry about continuing the monarchy? Even when it's gone, nobody in that family will ever have to work! They're kind of well off. If I were the King of England, I would declare myself not the King of England, then just go have some fun with all my mad cash!

rogue
07-09-2002, 07:18 PM
Why would anybody listen to Vince McMahon anyway?:confused:

wushu chik
07-09-2002, 07:23 PM
Hey now, I like WWE (no longer WWF). Don't be knocking it just because you don't like McMahon.

~Wen~

dezhen2001
07-10-2002, 01:43 AM
man, i saw that show recently... the last time i saqw it before was when i was 12 and Hulk Hogan was the king :D

Wen: maybe u should enter that and clean up all those clowns? Then take over from big Vince? Also make maaad $$$$$'s on the way to the top :D

david

Helicopter
07-10-2002, 01:51 AM
African Tiger, the most popular dish in the UK is:

Chicken Tikka Masala

What's the most popular dish in america? (Mac Do.. urckt! I can't even bring myself to write it. ;) )

dezhen2001
07-10-2002, 01:53 AM
Helicopter: i agree! Especially here in the West Midlands... U also forgot VINDALOO :D

david

Helicopter
07-10-2002, 02:09 AM
Personally I like a nice Chicken Jalfrazi or a Lamb Bhuna.

Jpcm

dezhen2001
07-10-2002, 02:10 AM
i don't actually like spicy food... but a kebab or something is ok :)
Hey, a couple of us ar ein the chatroom now if ur free?

http://www.kungfuonline.com/chat.html

david

Helicopter
07-10-2002, 02:38 AM
at work

dezhen2001
07-10-2002, 02:50 AM
ok, no worries :)

david

BAI HE
07-10-2002, 03:59 AM
Hey limies! You need to start feeding the cattle grain!

Helicopter
07-10-2002, 04:02 AM
Hey we know where you live!!:mad:

(most Americans couldn't even point to Europe if they had a map
:D .)

Helicopter
07-10-2002, 04:07 AM
Feeding cattle their own brains is what happens when you have high intensity farming, that doesn't happen when you have a billion acres of rainforest to chop down.

(Besides brain fed cattle tastes so sweet!! )

jpcm

dezhen2001
07-10-2002, 04:15 AM
High intensity farming... then lots of burning :D
How do they create KFC chicken?...

david

diego
07-10-2002, 04:43 AM
from the leftovers of KCs styrofoam lineup!.

dezhen2001
07-10-2002, 04:46 AM
i thought so! :D

david

ewallace
07-10-2002, 06:29 AM
The most popular dish in America is actually pizza.

And themz chickens better keep a comin. If hooters goes out of business I will unleash a campaign of unprejudiced violence never before witnessed in our time.

guohuen
07-10-2002, 08:29 AM
Most Americans couldn't find their arse with two hands and a topographic map!
I thought Britney Spears was the most popular dish in America.
Oh yeah, you chaps that invented bubble and squeek need to go away for a long long time.:p

ewallace
07-10-2002, 08:33 AM
Most Americans couldn't find their arse with two hands and a topographic map!
That's because most American's asses have grown too large and exceed the capabilities of satelite imagery. Mainly due to fast food and the muscle zapper.

Helicopter
07-10-2002, 08:52 AM
Don't knock 'the squeek' man. It puts hairs on your willy.

African Tiger
07-10-2002, 09:07 AM
Helicopter: both of those are INDIAN DISHES!

Which came from a country that you guys subverted and finally "granted independence to" in the 1940's, which in turn is indirectly responsible for the turmoil between India and Pakistan today.

But I can't playa hate - you guys did invent Sheppard's Pie and Blood Sausage :confused: :confused: Hope you weren't responsible for Haggus! (sp) Or was that Scottland?

And before you guys start getting high and mighty about countries and culture, may I remind you that we didn't invent the expression, "The Sun shall never set on the British Empire" :p

Helicopter
07-10-2002, 09:35 AM
AT,
The empire is long dead, the UK is now a small multi-cultural society, with Asian, African, Carribean additions.

We no longer believe we rule the world.

And what the f*ck is wrong with shepards pie? It has to be the worlds most inoffensive dish. Potatoes and mince.:confused:

Blood sausage - never heard of it. ;)
(It's black pudding, and goes really well with a 'full english'.)

Haggis is really tasty, and yes it was the Scots.;)

In the interest of better cultural awareness most Brits hate Black pudding and Haggis.

cheers,
jpcm

Helicopter
07-10-2002, 09:43 AM
Ps Chicken Tikka Masala is as British as Deep pan Pizza is American.

Legend has it CTM was invented in a takeaway in Birmingham (some say London, but they always try to take credit for everything.) Anyway the story goes that this bloke went in and ordered a tandori dish but then complained when it didn't come with any 'sauce' so an ingenious chef poured a can of Cambells condensed cream of tomato soup over the top. And a Legend was born.

jpcm

guohuen
07-10-2002, 10:48 AM
OK, I'll grudgingly conceed that bangers and mash is pretty good stuff. And scones are nice with orange marmelade and devonshire clotted cream.

wushu chik
07-10-2002, 10:56 AM
Helicopter,
You sure like to bash us, even though I am sure you use a lot of the technology we've come up with!! And, probably watch a lot of our tv programs, go see a lot of our movies...etc, etc. But, yeah, we Americans suck! :rolleyes: Do me a favor and look in the mirror for a view of suckage. Don't cast stones if you too live in a Glass House!!!

~Wen~

Shaolindynasty
07-10-2002, 11:13 AM
I am sure if you live in a country where you can waste time on a kungfu forum argueing about which country is better at conserving resources.........then your country probally is pretty good at wasting resources.

BTW We in the USA can point to allot of countries including england on a map, we just don't use the same finger as you guys.:D

wushu chik
07-10-2002, 11:34 AM
Shaolindynasty's reply is BY FAR the best thus far!!! :D

~Wen~

Helicopter
07-10-2002, 01:40 PM
It was just a good natured ribbing, I apologise if it was taken otherwise. If I was going to bad mouth a country I'd start with my own.:)

jpcm

ewallace
07-10-2002, 02:01 PM
Hey if you were from the east cost and said "wushu chicks annoyed" really fast you would be calling her a "nerd".

wushu chik
07-10-2002, 02:59 PM
Wow Eric, you are sooo funny. Ha ha ha........:rolleyes:

~Wen~

Arioch7
07-10-2002, 04:07 PM
OK, this article is the biggest pile of garbage I have ever seen in my life.

I wont get into the facts(Why bother.) but bear in mind that this all started with Malthus saying that we would deplete all of the worlds resources. He was proven wrong.

Next, in the seventies, the MAlthusian scenario that we would run out of oil popped up(If the enviros WANT us to stop using oil, wouldn't it make sense for us to use it ALL up?), once again proven wrong.

THEN, it was said that we would enter another ice age! OH NO!!! Of course THAT was proven incorrect as well. Are we beginning to see a pttern emerge here?

Of course, starting in the eighties YET ANOTHER tactic was drummed up, global warming. I have not made up my mind about it yet but the obvious propoganda of the previous decades and infantile "reports" like the one posted leave me sceptical.

I think I will continue in a minute. Oh, and whoever said most americans could not find thier ARSE, referring to our lack of global knowledge. Maybe your right. Guess what, I am sure YOU all know NOTHING about America either? And from what I read of your media, not much of anything else as I have travelled in Europe and the Middle East.

Whys should YOU have to learn about us, all that is important is WE learn about you. Seeing the pattern yet?

Arioch7
07-10-2002, 04:19 PM
So, we have the worst output of emissions, eh?

Guess what, they are DOWN 14% in the last decade. Our standards keep getting BETTER, and as a matter of fact are among the highest in the world.

NOw, we DO produce most of the goods. We SELL them to YOU. NOw, you want us to sign some moronic treaty that does not even ADDRESS industry in the third world. What happens if we sign the treaties? Lets see, we move our plants to countries that do not have ANY environmental regulations. That makes sense! See the pattern yet?

If you want to shut US industry down, dont BUY from us. Its that simple. Then when we close our plants, you can but from some environmental hell-hole that has NO regulations! Wow, what a great idea! I hope you have seen the pattern as to WHAT the enviros want to acheive.

We drill for oil and it is as clean as humanly possible. What do you think a oil rig looks like in Saudi Arabia, ROTFLMAO!!! OR industry in China? *Now laughing to hysterically to breath*

Yet these would be EXEMPT from your treaties. Do you all even READ these things and think them through or do you just parrot what makes you look "Enlightened"?

Trust me, there is nothing to see here, except for the obvious goal of the pattern. Anyone know yet? :D

kungfu cowboy
07-10-2002, 04:31 PM
I cannot believe that people would willingly and knowingly do harm to the wonderful and nurturing good Mother Earth. She's everybody's mummy.:( :mad: :p :D

Arioch7
07-10-2002, 04:52 PM
I would never hurt anything. Personally, I practice what THEY preach.

I dont drive an SUV, I dont over consume, they do. Oh, but they NEED to to zoom along to rallies telling me how to live... even though I live simply.

I suppose in a perfect world, only the elite would have access to automobiles.

Oh, and was your post addressed to me and how do you define "hurt"?

The Deer, birds, trees and plantlife is doing GREAT around here. We were supposed to be getting increases of acid rain because of midwestern industry. Of course they cleaned it up, but I have yet to see ONE detrimental effect that was DEFINATELY going to happen, no matter what! Just like the ice age, and now global warming!

You want a crisis, I will give you one. In the year 2050, water will become extremely scarce and since it is integral to life, nations will war over it and whole populations will starve.

I have said this for quite a long time and in the last two years the enviros have finally noticed the problem. Of course, the things they advocate are probably different from what I advocate. It will probably mean us giving free water to the ecological hell holes I mentioned.

Its just too bad that they cant keep up with the green movement. I am sure OUR industrialization is why they are infertile. Thats why Africa has drought though. At least thats what they tell me.

Its utter nonsense but who am I to argue with the "Enlightened." I can also offer proof that the so called African Drought is not occuring because of the US.

I suppose Saddam lighting up the Kuwaiti oilfields was OK... of course, that was because of the US!!! How did I miss that one?

kungfu cowboy
07-10-2002, 05:05 PM
Yeah, 'we' are screwing things up good. But when we are all gone or severely dwindled in populace, things will get better maybe. My post was just in general response.

Arioch7
07-10-2002, 05:22 PM
Very good point. I have always said that the Earth will remain if we do terrible things.

The only thing that will be gone is... us. So thats karma for you.

I am more optimistic.

kungfu cowboy
07-10-2002, 05:31 PM
Frankly, everything can go bye-bye, and I wouldn't really mind. I need a high-level political job. Like being President of the World.:p

NorthernMantis
07-10-2002, 05:43 PM
Hmm last time I heard scientists were saying that the ozone was regenerating itself

kungfu cowboy
07-10-2002, 06:07 PM
The best way to avoid mass hysteria on a global scale is to provide fuzzy, soothing misinformation.

African Tiger
07-10-2002, 06:23 PM
This post is getting weirder and weirder.

Along your point, Mantis, I heard this so-called hole in the ozone layer we're all whinning about was actually discovered in the 1800s, long before the invention of aeorsol sprays.

Can we say, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? :cool:

African Tiger
07-10-2002, 06:24 PM
Oh, and lest I forget, the brits still suck :) Have any soccer riots lately?

Helicopter
07-11-2002, 01:09 AM
African Tiger,

America is the worlds richest and influencial country and uses that power to it's own advantage, just like any other would in that situation.
What can I say? Us smaller countries like to throw stones at the big house.

However the people I see most complaining about how little the average American knows about the rest of the world is Americans.

The Brits may 'suck', but for the record.

We do not just eat Fish 'n Chips, Blood Sausage(or whatever), Shepards pie and tripe or other offal.

We do not all have bad teeth.

We are not either, decended from royalty, upperclass twats, luvable c*ckneys, football hooligans or effaminate and/or hom*sexual.

About 90% of the British population have passports.

Talking about the 'British Empire' like its still relevant is like saying to the Germans 'You used to be fascist Nazis.'

Bored now

MonkeyBoy
07-11-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
uhhh, trees use as much oxygen as they give...look it up.

LOL... Wouldn't that only be true if we had perfect 12 hours darkness and 12 light, which we don't.

Excepting the Arctic and Antarctic, where do you live where some nights are longer than the days and the trees are requiring more Oxygen at night than they are processing during the day?

If you are in the Arctic or Antarctic please try to stay to warm and let us know how your trees are doing. LOL...

respectmankind
07-11-2002, 01:57 AM
all i want is a few dead cows and some rice, is that so much to ask????

dezhen2001
07-11-2002, 02:00 AM
Hey guys, nothing wrong with Haggis and Black Pudding!
People may think the 'Brits' may suck, but the Scots don't :cool:

CTM as far as i know was invented in the West Midlands (Birmingham), as well as i'm sure a lot of the other stuff that's in Asian restaurants these days! :D

david

Helicopter
07-11-2002, 06:48 AM
Erm.. the scots are 'Brits'.
Not that they like such a close association with the English.

Actually is there a country out there that doesn't have a deep-seated hatred of the English?

(Oh .. I think the Japanese might quite like us.)

Jpcm

dezhen2001
07-11-2002, 07:16 AM
Helicopter: i know, just playing on the fact that we're meant to be independant but actually aren't :) (i'm 100% born and bred scottish lol)

david

ewallace
07-11-2002, 07:19 AM
Actually is there a country out there that doesn't have a deep-seated hatred of the English?
Yes. Texas.

dezhen2001
07-11-2002, 07:23 AM
Yes. Texas.

Why not? :confused: :D

david

Helicopter
07-11-2002, 07:25 AM
Aw! ewallace. you've made me all warm inside.

Erm... it's..er....chi! Yeah that's it Chi! (..cough..) Urm.. did you see the UFC last night?

Jpcm

ewallace
07-11-2002, 07:37 AM
Texans generally hate everyone who isn't a Texan the same. Unless you're from Nashville. Them folks just wannabee Texans. :)

dezhen2001
07-11-2002, 07:39 AM
that's what i thought... :p

david

Helicopter
07-11-2002, 07:42 AM
Thank goodness for that! I thought I was going to have to re-evaluate my entire value system!

ewallace
07-11-2002, 07:43 AM
On a lighter and totally off-topic note, my co-worker just bought a brand new corvette Z06. Just rolled off the truck yesterday. I am planning his demise as I type. Any thoughts or recommendations on how to successfully make him disappear and be able to "acquire" his car without raising any eyebrows would be appreciated.

Helicopter
07-11-2002, 07:47 AM
I guy in this country just got sent down after driving around with a body in his boot (sorry trunk) for 10 mths.

My advise; ditch the body at 9 mths.

Or better still put it in someone else's trunk.

Man I should be a master criminal.

jpcm

ewallace
07-11-2002, 07:51 AM
I would think that the aroma would be a little offensive no?

Helicopter
07-11-2002, 07:54 AM
:confused: Durrh! Thats what those pine tree things are for.:rolleyes:

dezhen2001
07-11-2002, 07:54 AM
depends if u have a cold or not ;)

david