PDA

View Full Version : Don't try this at home.

BAI HE
07-10-2002, 05:16 AM
http://www.bubishi.com/Movies/GroinKickKiko.gif

Ouch.

dezhen2001
07-10-2002, 05:21 AM
r they juko kai? :D
Man that was brave!

david

BAI HE
07-10-2002, 05:36 AM
i'M NOT SURE WHO IT IS.

BAI HE
07-10-2002, 05:37 AM
I'm not sure who that is.
It looks like some Iron-Marble technique.

crumble
07-10-2002, 06:05 AM
I'm definately NOT recommending you use this when the guy is kicking with a huge wind-up like in the photo... Hell, I don't plan on using it at all :D but I might as well share this bit of info (and thus set myself for justifying it and then wasting my time explaining the fine art of nut sack protection :D :D :D)....

If you are kicked in the groin area and the kick is deep between your legs, it will hit your buttocks mostly. The worst groin kicks are shallow and kick the sack up and diagonally >into< the pelvis.

When the kick is deep, the direction of the impact is mostly upward, so the sack flops around in front of the pelvis, but the kick goes into the buttocks and pelvis itself.

(The hard part about this is not visualizing the physiology involved, it's finding a friend that can be trusted to kick upwards so that you can prove it to yourself. I mean friends should help you bury bodies, not kick you in the nuts, right?)

Why would I bother saying this at all? It's useful to know when you are right in between punching and kicking distance and the guy is going for a groin kick. JUST MOVE IN. The kick will be less powerful, and in the wrong direction (up, not diagonally in) and you can overpower him because you're powering down on him while he's standing on one leg. If you try to do some kind of X-block with your arms to defend the kick, you'll get one or more head punches.

So in the case where you were stupid enough to wind up standing square in front of him and he can do a quick front kick, MOVE IN and don't waste your arms blocking low.

Oh, man here they come...

-crumble

Internal Boxer
07-10-2002, 06:13 AM
The term "got no balls" springs to mind....
:D

HongKongPhooey
07-10-2002, 06:18 AM
he's had the snip

TjD
07-10-2002, 06:25 AM
seems like juko kai is for sadomasochists with a gi fetish

Helicopter
07-10-2002, 06:25 AM
Crumble
Thanks for the info, but if you've a chance to move in, you've got a chance to move out, switch stance..or something else!!:eek:

:D

jpcm

ewallace
07-10-2002, 06:32 AM
I'm surprised that the women of juko kai don't practice punching each other in the boo....nevermind.

fa_jing
07-10-2002, 10:48 AM
Crumble - we like to lift our leg so as to cover the groin. This might be more difficult from a low stance.

-FJ

TaoBoy
07-10-2002, 11:30 PM
I saw some monks do this when I was in China.
I was just thinking "step back dude, step back".

Brings a tear to your eye.

dezhen2001
07-11-2002, 06:08 AM
OMG, now i know where Subway get all their meatballs from :eek: Guess what i'm eating for lunch... :(

david