PDA

View Full Version : info

kam79
10-07-2001, 07:36 AM
Could anyone give me a little info on long fist,is it mainly kicking?how does it compare to other cma styles and is it good for self defence?
Thanks
Kevin

SevenStar
10-07-2001, 07:43 AM
Chang Chuan has many long movements with stances, which are extremely balanced and strong. The name Chang Chuan translate as "Long Fist" , which are most of the movements in the forms. Chang Chuan has high kicks, jumping kicks and low stances as well but during combat most of the kicks are low and below the waist. The high kicks in the forms are generally used for stretching. The system is full of locking techniques and takedowns. There are also many weapons forms in Chang Chuan which are also long and circular movements like the hand sets.

"You ain't got enough calcium to have a bone to pick wit me,
like a Gracie, I'll choke a ***** out wit his own gi" - Rass Kass

SevenStar
10-07-2001, 07:45 AM
If you're trying to compare it to fighting effectiveness of other CMA, don't bother. They are all effective. YOU have to make it work. train hard, explore the system on your own, ask questions, etc.

"You ain't got enough calcium to have a bone to pick wit me,
like a Gracie, I'll choke a ***** out wit his own gi" - Rass Kass

kam79
10-07-2001, 08:10 AM
I am not trying to compare it to every cma style just trying to find a little about the styles in my town and see wich one would fit me better.
there is only that and Pai Lum. maybe some one could tell me a little about each and how they are different.Thanks
Kevin