PDA

View Full Version : Chan Chee Man video

byond
07-11-2002, 11:18 AM
hi guys,
the chan chee man video has an interview as well as the mook jong form and the bot zam do performed by grandmaster chan chee man.....
for those who dont know...chan chee man was a practitioner of choy li fut kung fu......he had a fight with william cheung ....he lost...recieved a bad chest injury.....wanted to fight william again because he couldnt believe that the simple looking wc was so effective..so they had the second fight on a roof top which william cheung ended knocking chan off the roof top.....chan saved himself by grabing onto a pole.....he asked william to introduce him to his sifu......and from than on he learned from yip man.
its available from lglvtk@aol.com

planetwc
07-11-2002, 09:09 PM
Is this an on-line video clip? Video tape? VCD?

The person on the email address emails it to you?

Or is there a URL to view it at?

sunkuen
07-12-2002, 06:28 AM
I think it's a video for sale.

Tom Kagan
07-12-2002, 08:50 AM
I know you are really excited by your new sifu, but you really need to relax a little.

Darrell Jordan is already well equipped to speak for himself and market his video the way he sees fit. However, if you really wish to speak for him and, in essence, be his representative, you need to spend a lot more time with him than you have so far.

The email address you gave (which was old, anyway) was incorrect. His correct old address was lglvtkf@aol.com - However, his new email is DarrellJordan@Moyyat.com

If anyone wants to know more about the video, I suggest contacting Darrell privately.

byond
07-12-2002, 11:11 AM
hi tom....
A) i am relaxed
B) i agree darrell jordan is already equipped to speak for himself and market the video the way he sees fit.....perhaps he saw fit to give me permision to put up a post ?

C) more time? obviously he didnt share your thought
D) ...perhaps before you represent him or answer for him you could spend some time with him...;)

E) well his "old email" address is the one i use to communicate with him .....
D) lglvtkf@aol.com.....thanks for the missing "f":)

sun kuen....yes its a video tape..

sunkuen
07-12-2002, 12:25 PM
sorry for speaking on your behalf....I hardly know you!!!:D

BeiKongHui
07-12-2002, 12:33 PM
Aaaah, the ever present TK always ready to start damage control. Who made you official spokesman for the Moy Yat line anyway?

Tom Kagan
07-12-2002, 12:59 PM
No one officially appointed me to anything.

All I am is Moy Yat's student - nothing more, nothing less. I was fortunate to spend time nearly every day with him during the last several years of his life.

In case you haven't noticed, I rarely post on any subject at all. Far more things, both good and bad, have been written on my sifu and his Kung Fu family in many many different places, both public and private, without any words from me or my SiHings.

However you wish to take my very few posts on any subject of which I choose to contribute doesn't make much difference to me. But, who you calling a 'fatty?' ;)

BeiKongHui
07-12-2002, 01:12 PM
S'alright but sometimes it bothers me that you seem overly sensitive to any percieved criticism of our lineage. I think most people that've been around a while know MYVTKF is on the up and up without the need for us to get defensive at every turn.

"Try my style fatty...: is a favorite quote from virtually any Sammo Hung movie. ;)

Tom Kagan
07-12-2002, 03:19 PM
Perhaps because the few times I do contribute, it has a tendency to be in a thread matching 'moy*' as a search term. A long time ago, I set up an automated search on this term and a few other terms. When I do contribute, I mark the thread as 'interesting' and I get alerts about it. About once every other week, I'll poke around the forums here and other places if I have the time, but I still rarely post.

If you believe me publicly correcting a grandstudent of my SiHing, Lee Moy Shan - the person who introduced me to my sifu - is somehow being defensive, I have no control over that.

I originally got to know Darrell Jordan a bit in 1985. Frankly, in all this time, I feel I barely know him at all. He and I have had practically no contact since until the last year. However, I believe I know Darrell well enough to say, and without my consulting him, there is no way he would tell his student to 'chat up' something Darrell was selling without saying right up front that the person who started this thread, Brian Scanlon, is Darrell Jordan's student. Darrell is a Marine - I believe it is part of his nature to be brutally honest and forthright.

Brian and I have not met at all. But, I take an interest in certain people. I know him well enough to say he takes way too much ibuprofen for his own good and should talk to his doctor about switching to a COX-2 inhibitor if he can afford it. I also have spoken to someone who has met and trained very recently with Brian and I already have an idea of how his hands will feel if we ever meet. If Brian ever takes me up on my invitation to New York I extended to him a few months ago, I may just find out whether my notions prove correct or not.

I noticed you said 'our lineage.' Well, who are you? :D All kidding aside: While I am fortunate to have met many of my SiHings and personally know a few of them quite well, more than a few of my SiHings still exist only through the pictures and stories told to me. I like to change that whenever possible. Feel free to contact me privately if you'd feel more comfortable.

:) And, for the record, I haven't met Sammo Hung, either. But, that's just bad luck. I have a SiHing whose mother-in-law produced several of Sammo's films. I had my chances, but life intervened and it isn't yet meant to be, if ever.

byond
07-13-2002, 12:37 PM
sun kuen---- its all good...we are family.

tom---A) you made a correction where a correction wasnt warrented (imo)
B) perhaps you dont know my sifu as well as you think?;)
C) the issue of me saying "i am a student" ..didnt come up .....it isnt/wasnt an issue between me and sifu... sifu told me to go ahead a put up a post...no more, no less...but....that is my private buisiness and i didnt want to draw attention to it which now the whole world knows my buisiness because you think you know what is in my sifu,s character....:mad: you could have off listed me and sifu first to discuss things before making your post
even though he is my sifu he is also my buisiness partner....and there are reasons for me keeping things low key
D) im sorry to say we have not met, that will be rectified soon.
E) lol.... cox-2 inhibitor you say?
F) i would truly love to know what your notions are of my hands , please off list me
G) you will see if your notions are correct or not