PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quotes

Redd
07-11-2002, 05:32 PM
I was going to make it a poll. But there are too many choices.

Which is your favorite? Others?

Originally posted by our resident sage and saviour and listed in no particular order

Hehe, well I use sensitivity, structure and precision! I am sensitive to her needs ...

I am so excited about learning wing chun under Carl Dechiara.

If visiting several schools I still see no good wingchun, then what sorts of conclusions can you draw?

WOW! I didnt think I was going to be opening up a hornets nest like this!

Unfortunately I feel that wingchun is on a downward spiral, and though I may not be able to save it, for what can one man really do, I can hopefully open some eyes.

To be honest the majority of my problem is seeing these people out there teaching who shouldnt be.

As for offending someone, its a chance I am willing to take.

Carl never really talks about it, just his own practice with it. that combined with the info I got just made sense and so I didnt think to question it.

Ultimately it is of little importance.

I just see things differently.

He did some hard research into the art and came up with a few warmup excersises that help us to catch on to wing chun faster but nothing is mixed in.

I studied chop saki wingchun for about a year and a half. Then I got hooked up with my school in Minneapolis and met Carl and I have been doing his stuff for about 7-8 months ...

What Carl teaches us coincides with a lot you might learn in taichi at the basic levels, root as a foundation for not only absorbing power but for delivering it.

We could talk about it all day but you wouldn’t really comprehend without feeling it.

How excited do you get and how excited are you to be doing it? Can you feel the growth ...

Some of you have accused me of spamming because I mention him and his skill periodically ...

I am not interested in getting into an argument about what is better, what is spamming, what is right or wrong.

Check your ego at the door and you will learn something!

I have seen a lot of talk on this forum, and several others about what is good, what is bad, what is correct and what is not.

Carl Dechiara seems willing to take the pepsi challenge if you know what I mean?

As for the real deal, I am not worry about what real Yip Man wingchun is.

I will be the first to admit what he has to offer isnt for everyone.

I am also believe it or not, aware of how it affects my "family" ...

I may come off as a little coarse sometimes.

Carl really stresses sensitivity in adapting to an attack an dI got the impression you should just feel what is coming and do what is apropriate.

Yuanfen - nope, you just havent been paying real close attention.

Did everyone in the world know of Jesus Christ or Bhuddha when they lived? (In reference to Carl Dechiara)

I have all the respect in the world for guys at that level, whatever they have or do, its much better then what I do, or atleast how I do it, right?

I am not searching to destroy your lineage or defame your instructor and freind, how could I possibly do that?

Whether it maters to you or not I am quickly loosing respect and patience for you.

I have nothing but respect for anyone who is doing Wing Chun, no matter what lineage, school, instructor, he/she is learning from.

Sometimes we are fooled by a wolf in sheeps clothing........

Its like a pack of jealous jackals sometimes.

I am sick and tired myself of being attacked by 'battleworn' wc people.

I generally come here to get advice, opinions, and ideas, hopefully they flower and flourish within me.

It seems more like some sort of screwed up intellectual ****ing contest then an informational forum..........

Actually since thinking about it a little, I am going to give respect to anyone whoes post number is higher then mine, because obviously after posting for so long they deserve respect and must know much more about posting then I do.........

You on the other hand are part of the worthless masses on the internet who have finally found a medium in which they can be something they are not.

My friend put up or shut up, Canada is not that far from minneapolis, next time you have the inkling to learn some wing chun why dont you stop by......Better yet, stop by Carl Dechiaras school in Ohio, he would be more then happy to show you what wing chun is and is not.

Thats wierd?!

If it gets out of hand then ban it.

I say if you have confidence in your sifu, dont worry about it, anyone who criticizes without experience doesnt have a leg to stand on.

If you continue to talk as time goes on you at some point will talk about who you are. This gives others a base to relate to you from.

advertising my man, its all about advertising ...

sunkuen
07-11-2002, 06:54 PM
You went and left out my personal favorite....ready....here it is...

"WALLAH":p

kungfu cowboy
07-11-2002, 07:06 PM
LOL! I love that 'wallah' thing!:D

anerlich
07-11-2002, 07:31 PM
Guys I missed the Wallah thing. Probably got drowned in a bunch of other posts by our favourite forum member.

Was it a malapropism of "Voila!" or something else? If I was correct, that's still pretty funny.

kungfu cowboy
07-11-2002, 07:51 PM
Yes, that's it!:D

anerlich
07-11-2002, 08:19 PM
My fave (that and "Wallah!"):

Remember there is a seminar next weekend, if you got the guts, the curiosity and the time come check it out, you just have to find a little time out of your life to stop mouth boxing and lay it all down........

sunkuen
07-11-2002, 08:26 PM
ya got say it like the "waaaazzuuuuppppp" thing

Wallaaaahhhhh!!!:D

Redd
07-11-2002, 11:33 PM
Excellent.

It's so hard to choose a favorite. '... stop the mouthboxing ...' is a definite finalist.

Others?

anerlich
07-11-2002, 11:56 PM
Post a poll. Make this post a poll to see what goes in the poll.

My nominations:

"Wallah!"

" ... stop mouth boxing ... "

"... met Carl and I have been doing his stuff for about 7-8 months ... "

" ... for what can one man really do, .."

Personally, I think "Wallah!" would take the cup by a country mile. Classic!

black and blue
07-12-2002, 01:42 AM
This forum would be duller without the angel. These are my favourite quotes (obviously for their subtle and gentle innuendo).

*hopefully I can get around your area sometime and we can touch hands* Red5Angel chatting to pvwingchun

*... the ability to listen to your opponents thoughts and feel him before he feels himself... *Red5Angel

:)

Axiom
07-12-2002, 02:53 AM
How excited do you get and how excited are you to be doing it? Can you feel the growth ... lol! :D I love this one :p

red5angel
07-12-2002, 06:44 AM
You guys flatter me with all this attention and energy spent on me! There are like two or three threads just on me!
But seriously, we should be talking about Wing Chun, and what we all can do to make it better.

Here are my favorite though:

"To be honest the majority of my problem is seeing these people out there teaching who shouldnt be. "

Very true!

"I will be the first to admit what he has to offer isnt for everyone"

That ones good, most people couldnt understand it, thats why they practice the wingchun they do. Otherwise they might have putthe time and effort into understanding the art like he does!

this one too!

"I say if you have confidence in your sifu, dont worry about it, anyone who criticizes without experience doesnt have a leg to stand on. "

Very true as well.

Ultimately I thnk this Red5angel guy is just concerned about the way his art is being turned into garbage by people who dont care, and odnt understand what it is all really about.

WAIT A MINUTE!! I AM RED5ANGEL!!!! ;)

Axiom
07-12-2002, 06:55 AM
Red, you really cannot expect people to take you seriously when you (as someone who claims to be a student of 7-8 months) go around telling people who have been studying for several years or more that they "don't understand what the art is all about".

Seriously, who are you to make that judgement? Why do you consider yourself such an authority that you *know* that all these people are wrong?

reneritchie
07-12-2002, 08:39 AM
>>Ultimately I thnk this Red5angel guy is just concerned about the way his art is being turned into garbage by people who dont care, and odnt understand what it is all really about.

Dude, it ain't *your* art. Not by a long shot. Not until you master it and make it yours. Right now it's (in your lineage), Chung sifu's art, and as you can tell by the reactions of your seniors in that lineage, *you're* the one currently disrespecting it.

It would probably be easier if you came from some unverifiable, fly-by-night lineage with all sorts of wacky ideas and bizarre behavior, but IMHO, you come from a darn good one, which makes it all the more painful. You elicit a reaction that tars them with the same brush.

In essance, you lack foundation to say what you say. If Chung sifu, or even your sifu, wants to speak the way you do, I'm sure they'd join up and do it, and they'd have reasonable basis for their statements (and the ability to back them up in face of the backlash that would inevitably ensue). Can you back it up? Can you show the likes of Emin Boztepe, Rick Spain and the heads or outstanding students of the lineages you've called garbage, personally, hand to hand, the error of their ways? If not, you're merely parrotting, and doing a diservice to those you with whom you claim association.

Now, doubtless, you could argue freedom of speach, but *responsibility for speach* goes along with that. You could also argue you're speaking for yourself. But just saying you speak for yourself is *meaningless*. You *have to actually speak for yourself*.

RR

old jong
07-12-2002, 08:54 AM
"If I say most wingchun sucks, I will be honest with you, I may not mean you in particular but chances are it may be true anyway."

This is not funny at all and this alone can summarize the total forum imput of this guy!...

S.Teebas
07-12-2002, 08:59 AM
Red5angel,

Instead of 'Jedi night' under your nick name you should change it to 'broken record'

Ok, ill give you a break. I agree you are our saviour.... now what? What will we do now that you have convinced me what Im doing isn't as superiour as what your doing?
Whats the next step?????

Can you answer that!!?

black and blue
07-12-2002, 08:59 AM
You know, if people have a real problem with Red5Angel (personally, I'm not overly bothered)... there are two options.

1) Call his Sifu in Minneapolis and tell him you're not happy

2) Go to Minneapolis and Chi Sau with Red5Angel and show him the benefits of experience.

Simple.

old jong
07-12-2002, 09:14 AM
1)I think his Sifu is well aware of him.

2)Beating on a beginner to show him he's wrong is not very "ethical" or "moral" in my Wing Chun family!....Anyway,I don't hate him or want to hurt him because he's to naive,exided or unaware of how insulting he can be sometimes...I'll just press the ignore button instead!

red5angel
07-12-2002, 09:34 AM
S. Teebas, its not about being a saviour, but at this point if you dont get it then I cant explain it any better. Like I have said before feel free to PM me or email me if you want to discuss this privately. Sometimes it seems we can explain things better and more thoroughly without distraction!

old jong
07-12-2002, 09:56 AM
Great manipulating line! We see this one in a form or an other all the times!
(psychological manipulation to make the other feel guilty or inadequate facing an argument. Also a practical way to change the subject when the soup is becomming too hot!...The accused turning to accusator)

churn-ging
07-12-2002, 10:10 AM
"I say if you have confidence in your sifu, dont worry about it, anyone who criticizes without experience doesnt have a leg to stand on. "

I don't know why, but this one just seems to stand out to me for some reason. Especially the part that says "anyone who criticizes without experience doesn't have a leg to stand on." So red5angel, how much experience do YOU have that lets you criticize all the other wing chun out there and saying that everyone is doing it wrong. 7, 8 months of "good" wing chun? I don't think that that qualifies as experience.

Rill
07-12-2002, 05:24 PM
"I will be the first to admit what he has to offer isnt for everyone"
That ones good, most people couldnt understand it, thats why they practice the wingchun they do. Otherwise they might have putthe time and effort into understanding the art like he does!
Hi red,

What I'm sure you must really mean is 'most people couldnt understand it, thats why they practice the wingchun they do. Otherwise they might have putthe time and effort into understanding the art like he does! although I'm not sure how they do it down in Australia so perhaps someone from that wonderful continent could share with me since I haven't been to any schools there'.

Otherwise I'd have to assume that you completely ignored my earlier post, which would make me most upset. Perhaps you should think about what you're posting before you click that 'submit reply' button, save me having to pick you up on this every time you do it.

Alpha Dog
07-12-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by reneritchie
[B it ain't *your* art.... Not until you master it and make it yours. [/B]

This is right outa Don Chisao

anerlich
07-12-2002, 09:22 PM
S Teebas, its not about being a saviour...
Redd, that one's got to go on the list.

anyone who criticizes without experience doesnt have a leg to stand on
You are describing yourself, redboy. Stop it already! Take your own advice even if you ignore that of others!

stop mouth boxing
Dude, if they held a Mouth Boxing World Championship you'd get seeded to the quarter finals in the Unlimited category. Enough!