PDA

View Full Version : Quiz time! What do you know about Carl Dechiara?

Sabu
07-11-2002, 05:49 PM
Since, in the past few months this forum has been drowned with Carl Dechiara and his Wing Chun, I thought it might be a great idea to develop a summary of what we've all learned or already know about him.

So, what do you know about Carl Dechiara, either via this forum or by any other means? (no posting by Red5angel preferred)

Redd
07-11-2002, 06:04 PM
(You forgot thumbs up)

I'll start.

Carl lives in Ohio.

red5angel is excited about Carl in Minnesota.

Carl hired an advertising agent with no PR skill.

Carl doesn't get to Toronto much.

Alpha Dog
07-11-2002, 06:21 PM
He travelled through time and defeated Kublar Khan

kungfu cowboy
07-11-2002, 06:22 PM
I know that Carl is a good guy, and one of the best martial artists I have seen. He is incredibly dedicated to his art, and to teaching. If you met him, I believe that many of you would feel the same. Now play nice.:p

lol@AD!

old jong
07-11-2002, 06:35 PM
He is surely a good Wing Chun guy!:)

sunkuen
07-11-2002, 06:43 PM
I'm certain theres a big RED nose stuck up his butt!!!:D

yuanfen
07-12-2002, 05:44 AM
At the carnival never did see the wares but the barker is ubiquitous.

red5angel
07-12-2002, 06:36 AM
Sabu, how can you not include me in this thread!? Go check him out, see what it is he has for yourself, it would be worth your while ;)

Chum Kil
07-12-2002, 09:39 AM
That I would not train with him, no matter how good he is. If this is what he instills in his students, I would not want any part of it. You are part of your lineage and Sifu, how your Sifu talks and his actions become a part of you, if you really want to know the art. I believe Red is not even a student under Carl, but a student of Michael's, because of this Red has no idea what a Sifu is, that's why he acts the way he does. To only see someone once in a while does not make a Sifu in my book. Seniors and Juniors of his lineage have asked him to relax a little, but he does not, because he really is not of this lineage first hand, otherwise he would listen. He's like a little kid running all over the place, looking for attention. I hope this does not offend true Leung Sheung lineage people, but I believe you have a problem insuing with this Red fellow.

old jong
07-12-2002, 10:08 AM
How can he tolerate one of his student's student to talk so much about him this way?...I know I would have a serious talk with him if I was his sigung and I would give him only one alternative.

The other question is : Who is really red5angel?...

sunkuen
07-12-2002, 10:10 AM
Red is ok he just has that newbie enthusiasm that we all went/go through when we first start. Don't ya remember tellin' anybody that would listen all about your new wing chun classes. He's probably wearing his uniform to the grocery store and wearing kung fu slippers to work. Most likely he's asking for chopstix at the local Mcdonalds trying to eat a big mac with em' so he can impress all the "White Eggs" sitting around him. Always waiting for someone to ask why he's wearing all these silly chinaman clothes and eatin' big macs so he can explain how he's a student of wing chun kung fu.Bothering old people and single moms with his silly kung fu stepping and air punches to show off his incredible root. Aaaahhhh...to be young again!!!

old jong
07-12-2002, 10:18 AM
But do you have adolescent kids?...I used to!...And now that they are human again, I would never like them to be young again!...

Next time I sit at the Mc Donald and see some punk with kung fu slippers on,I'll stomp his foot real hard! :rolleyes: ;) :D

S.Teebas
07-12-2002, 10:20 AM
Aaaahhhh...to be young again!!!

I though he was supposed to be a grown man?

The other question is : Who is really red5angel?...

Could be Carl looking for some free advertising (??)

old jong
07-12-2002, 10:28 AM
I have to say the thought crossed my mind. I KNOW,I would not let a student talk so much about myself in this idolatric manner.
Who knows?...

kungfu cowboy
07-12-2002, 03:36 PM
Well, it seems like somebody had advertising in mind!:p

EnterTheWhip
07-12-2002, 04:26 PM
I heard that a Torontonian swept the floor with Carl's ass.

Grendel
07-12-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by kungfu cowboy
Well, it seems like somebody had advertising in mind!:p
In the beginning, there was a great Wing Chun void. Carl reached down and separated the "good" and the "bad," and this was good. Then, arriving from the mother ship, he waved his hand, and up from the pits of Hell, the city of Cleveland arose. And it was good. But, alas, in the land of the mini sodas, there was a lack. Many prayed, and many prostitituted their Wing Chun. Carl sent a man, one lone man, to offer salvation for the city of Minneapolis if they would only accept him as their true God. And it was good.

yuanfen
07-12-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by kungfu cowboy
Well, it seems like somebody had advertising in mind!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An occasional rule of advertising: Its better to be talked about
than not to be talked about.
PS. Of course there are corollaries to many rules.
Yuanfen
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The Genesis by Grendel

Then, arriving from the mother ship, he waved his hand, and up from the pits of Hell, the city of Cleveland arose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
A credible Genesis...but having lived in Kent Ohio once upon a time and tried to avoid nearby Cleveland as much as possible...it was a pretty deep urban pit that didn't know its dan tien--- are you sure it has arisen?
Still stuck with old lard and french fries isnt it? No gravy and curds!
yuanfen

Grendel
07-12-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by yuanfen
At the carnival never did see the wares but the barker is ubiquitous.
Clearly, by barker you don't mean Alpha Dog, but the word's etymology is clear. :)

Your metaphors slay me. Are you related to Beowulf? :)

As for Cleveland, I'm not surprised it such a pit. Over marketing will do that. :)

My friend in public relations used to say, "Marketing: where the rubber meets the sky." :)

Regards,

Alpha Dog
07-12-2002, 07:38 PM
I am familiar with the term "barker" and as it pertains to carnies -- nicest people you'll ever meat.

Yuanfen, that is an old term!

Grendel
07-12-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Alpha Dog
carnies -- nicest people you'll ever meat.

Alpha Dog,
Are you harboring an evil cannabalistic twin like on that episode of X-Files? :)

We're getting off topic. I want to hear about the Torontonian who swept the floor with Carl's ass per Whipping Hand's post. :)

Whip: Can you fill us in?

Alpha Dog
07-12-2002, 08:17 PM
mmm, Scully...

wujidude
07-12-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Grendel

(snip)

We're getting off topic. I want to hear about the Torontonian who swept the floor with Carl's ass per Whipping Hand's post. :)

Whip: Can you fill us in?

What does it matter? I'm sure Carl has had his ass kicked by other WC guys from time to time, probably beginning with his own teacher. There's always someone better. What matters is what someone does with the lesson.

Ken Chung has had his oats fed to him, I'm sure, and not necessarily just by Leung Sheung. And despite the loyalty and articulateness of Ken Chung's students around the country (and the volubility of one particular great grandstudent) . . . Ken isn't necessarily "the best Wing Chun teacher in America" (as the testimonial by one of his students at www.wingchun.com puts it). Ray Van Raamsdonk, who has been around as a student and teacher for a long time and has seen the best of Wing Chun, thinks very highly of Ken Chung but rates Emin Boztepe even more highly as a teacher (see http://www.wingchunkuen.com/journal/columns/vanraamsdonk/viewpoint04_boztepe.shtml).

Come on, people. Why engage r5A on his own terms? Just ignore him, don't post if you're getting so worked up. It's time away from practice. If you really don't want to chat with him, don't post, don't read threads he initiates. Let the "Replies" column show "0" by his posts.

I personally like some of the questions and issues he frames, even if he is a little much sometimes. As kj said, enjoy the drama.

anerlich
07-12-2002, 09:41 PM
Why engage r5A on his own terms?

Because it's so ****ed entertaining. Surely nobody takes this seriously.

Anyone on a mission to make r5a take a more measured perspective is on as pointless, futile and demented a mission as Red's own. I'm just having fun wit it.

hakka mui
07-13-2002, 04:23 AM
errmmm, Carl who? :D

Sabu
07-13-2002, 01:22 PM
Also preferred:

No "holier than thou", "I'm better than this", "Let's be above this child's play" posts.

(such as wujidude's)

Zhuge Liang
07-13-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by wujidude

Ray Van Raamsdonk, who has been around as a student and teacher for a long time and has seen the best of Wing Chun, thinks very highly of Ken Chung but rates Emin Boztepe even more highly as a teacher (see http://www.wingchunkuen.com/journal/columns/vanraamsdonk/viewpoint04_boztepe.shtml).

That's the impression I got from the article too, until Ray made some clarifications on another mailing list. He believes that both guys are good in their respective approaches to Wing Chun. And because they both approach it so differently (which would result in a different teaching methodologies to suit their own approaches), it isn't so obvious which one is "better."

But you make a good point. There are people out there who are unimpressed and what Ken does (gasp!) , even after having met him and felt him. And that's perfectly fine. Everybody has different preferences, and there's no reason why we all have to agree on who's good and who's not. We can learn from our disagreements as well. Just do whatever makes you happy.

Zhuge Liang

yuanfen
07-13-2002, 04:31 PM
wujidude :
I dont think everyone is worked up anout red 5 or taking him seriously or arguing with him on his terms. It is way past that stage. Unfortunately his arrogance combined with his ignorance has turned his posts into absurd monologues and laughable caricatures of discussion.. Carl should give hima ribbon though for the advance work- if thats the kind of public relations he wants.

grendel:
Beowulf is a much later reincarnation- my karma unfortunately in that cycle made me an Englishman briefly<g>. But I have made amends since then-I think. Maybe not. After all here I am on a forum with our most frequent poster. Karma has its humor.

Grendel
07-14-2002, 02:16 AM

grendel:
Beowulf is a much later reincarnation- my karma unfortunately in that cycle made me an Englishman briefly<g>. But I have made amends since then-I think. Maybe not. After all here I am on a forum with our most frequent poster. Karma has its humor.
Yuanfen,

I cannot imagine what you did wrong to be translocated in time and place into an Englishman who then slays an innocent beast or two. That's between you and Karma. :) And yet, don't we owe a debt to the English for the lingua franca and the love of freedom they seem to have instilled in their former colonies? :):):)

This forum is a lot of fun, I admit and its a tad more civil than VTAA, and where else could I hear fiction like "Don Chisao" or Wujidude's "Torontonian" kickazz sidekick of the Lone Ranger, no doubt played by Ray Van Raamsdonk. (I still love you, Ray. Kemo sabe, Ray) :) Heck, I didn't even know Torontonian was a word.

If things get out of hand again, we can blame Red5Angel AND Canada.

Regards,

Mr Punch
07-14-2002, 02:23 AM
Did you get your name from the original or the (who the hell wrote the) eponymous 20th C book from his perspective?... By one of the post-beats...?? Murdered...?
I preferred that take, myself.

Edit: John Gardner. Also wrote Hell's Angels? Then killed by them...? Or am I confused again?

yuanfen
07-14-2002, 07:24 AM
Grendel-
the language is indeed a great gift- but freedom wasnt. It took the Independence movement to get it(1947)--- while much of the movement was non violent protest- not all was that way....
I was a high school rock throwing (etc) activist back then- took the Union Jack down from my school. Not all the colonies worked out well. The rule of law is deep in India- whereas it has disappeared nearby. The system of rights, judicial review and due process borrowed some from the US Bill of Rights as well. But then In the US in some parts they havent spoken English for years- you need a special ear and dictionary to get by in east Texas and Louisiana.

Grendel
07-14-2002, 01:57 PM
Grendel-
the language is indeed a great gift- but freedom wasnt. It took the Independence movement to get it(1947)--- while much of the movement was non violent protest- not all was that way....
I was a high school rock throwing (etc) activist back then- took the Union Jack down from my school. Not all the colonies worked out well. The rule of law is deep in India- whereas it has disappeared nearby. The system of rights, judicial review and due process borrowed some from the US Bill of Rights as well. But then In the US in some parts they havent spoken English for years- you need a special ear and dictionary to get by in east Texas and Louisiana.
Hi Yuanfen,

While you are right again, I was merely pointing out that there was something about British rule that brought out the yearning for freedom in its many former colonies such as our United States, India, Canada, Hong Kong, South Africa (Ok, that may be a reach), and probably a number that I'm forgetting off-hand, but not for lack of caring about them. :)

As for protests and protestors, I was one who protested against the sad and unfortunate Viet Nam war. Wish I hadn't been against fighting now after seeing the result of capitulation to the Communists. I believed the lies of the media and my leftist professors about the great virtue that Communist reign would usher in. Now when I meet my fellow Americans of Viet Nam descent, I am ashamed to admit my role.

urban tea
07-14-2002, 03:57 PM
Certainly , redangel is not the only student of Carl or the LS line. Don't let his actions or typing be a symbol of what the rest of the group is like. Unless this was the old school days where the sifu takes a couple in door disciples.

It is entertaining. Isn't he married? At least he's not doing drugs, in a gang or hurting people.

red5angel
07-15-2002, 05:55 AM
"I heard that a Torontonian swept the floor with Carl's ass."

Enterthewhip - From what I understand The last time Carl was in toronto was in the early 90's at Sunny's tournemant, and got first place in advanced chi sao.

Urban Tea - no gangs, no hurting people! :)

EnterTheWhip
07-15-2002, 09:26 PM
I did not state that the floor sweeping took place in Toronto.

yuanfen
07-15-2002, 10:16 PM
Well red5 "hears" things from unknown sources from time to time- which he floats on the list (Chung and Fong, Fong's forms etc)...now I dont know whether he needs to check with Grendel,
Caril. Carl or someone else.
PS- Its red 5 who invites comments with his absurd posts.... where he directly or by inuendo slurs practically everyone.
He is not being picked on. He'll be back in the morn.

Grendel
07-16-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by EnterTheWhipped
I did not state that the floor sweeping took place in Toronto.
It's your delusion. You can name any fantasy location. I wouldn't pick Toronto either.

Alpha Dog
07-16-2002, 04:17 AM
Grendel rushing to defend the ever-absent Carl...

Where is Carl?

Redd
07-16-2002, 04:29 AM
Where is Carl?

Good question. Missing in action or in the drivers seat?

red5angel
07-16-2002, 06:05 AM
Actually Carl is in Seattle doing a seminar this weekend if you guys are in the area.....

As for this this person from Toronto, I'd love to hear more.....

Yuanfen, I asked you a question out of curiosity and you still have yet to answer it. No matter what else I say I am not afraid to talk about my wingchun, nor do I assume people are "out to get me" with thier questions.

yuanfen
07-16-2002, 07:45 AM
red5angel says:Yuanfen, I asked you a question out of curiosity and you still have yet to answer it. No matter what else I say I am not afraid to talk about my wingchun, nor do I assume people are "out to get me" with thier questions
-------------------------------------------------------
Firstly, red5angel- I am not out to get you. You just dont get it.
Either in understanding the contents of posts or the nature of wing chun (yet). You have already bad mouthed your previous teacher- whoever he was. Your expressions of new found loyalty to your Ohio guru wouldnt buya cup of coffee in most reasonable places.
Maybe other folks are interested in talking about "your"wing chun.
The same old same old newbie dogma and reiteration would be as it has been- boring.
You apparently dont read carefully.Fajing in a way answered your question and in my comment on fajing's post ,I shared a fairly long post on that subject. Go back and read it and try and digest it. (I doubt that you can)This is the second time you asked me about something that you "heard". I hear a lot of things that I dont bother the list with. Yours is a small group in Minneapolis...why dont you specify sources if you are going to peddle rumors - without much grace. BTW IMO you have singlehandedly removed any doubt that citing lineage doesnt mean much in matters of quality control in individual cases..

red5angel
07-16-2002, 08:02 AM
Yuanfen I was going to bother to reply but instead I decided it is a waste of time. Enjoy your WC. When "They" stop chasing you let us know so we can talk about WC.

yuanfen
07-16-2002, 08:22 AM
red5angel sez:
When "They" stop chasing you let us know so we can talk about WC.-------------
-----------------------------------------
Poor chap -he hasa long wait...no comment on the rest.

RevTemerity
07-16-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by urban tea
Certainly , redangel is not the only student of Carl or the LS line. Don't let his actions or typing be a symbol of what the rest of the group is like. Unless this was the old school days where the sifu takes a couple in door disciples.

It is entertaining. Isn't he married? At least he's not doing drugs, in a gang or hurting people.

While many would truly love for Carl to reign in R5A, I figure Carl has about as much chance of doing that as the Gracies reigning in Michael Dash on rec-martial.arts those many years ago.

I agree with the thought that R5A speaks for himself. I have met Carl and I do know that R5A (who I haven't met) doesn't speak for him any more than he speaks for Ken Chung, Leung Sheung, or Yip Man. He's just an excited student. A bit exasperating at times, maybe, but excited (or is that just exciteable). Nobody speaks for those people (unless you believe in channeling in the case of the latter two) but themselves.

Maybe like the aforementioned Michael Dash, he'll either burn out OR he'll eventually learn the ropes of posting in forums such as these. I do know he's not the only one like this in the various forums around the internet. He's just the latest and he won't be the last.

red5angel
07-16-2002, 10:40 AM
RevTemerit - coorect, I speak only for myself. I could never assume to speak for anyone else! I guess you could say I am excited and exciteable! :D

Grendel
07-16-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by red5angel
Yuanfen I was going to bother to reply but instead I decided it is a waste of time, completely and on every level. Enjoy your WC. When "They" stop chasing you let us know so we can talk about WC.
Red5Angel,

You will one day regret your disrespectful attitude. I would daresay, that as regards Wing Chun, we're all on this forum, chasing Yuanfen.

Every time you get out of line, you make Carl look bad. We on this list are forming an opinion that he and you might not like to be saddled with.

Regards,

red5angel
07-16-2002, 11:57 AM
Your probably right Grendel. thats why I have washed my hands of him. I was trying to conversate with him but he is seeing assasins where there are none. I figured trying never hurts but he wont have it, so it is no longer an issue.

Grendel
07-16-2002, 11:58 AM
RevTemerit - coorect, I speak only for myself. I could never assume to speak for anyone else! I guess you could say I am excited and exciteable! :D
That Carl chooses not to reign you in, speaks volumes about his intentions. He's using you to get publicity for him. When the heat comes down, he'll just repudiate you as a loose cannon. Wise up. I cannot believe your school mates are not embarrassed by some of your antics.

yuanfen
07-16-2002, 02:20 PM
red5angel(who else?) sez:
Your probably right Grendel. thats why I have washed my hands of him. I was trying to conversate with him but he is seeing assasins where there are none.
---------------------------------------------------------Hand washing obsession too! Havent seen any assasins- but on the whole
I prefer the assassins to being conversated!
Who needs Comedy Central!

Sui
07-16-2002, 03:53 PM
red 5 angle
just ask yuanfen about "lim lik"and see what dribble he comes out with?:D

sorry yuan?your students know it???well i'm sure they do:eek:

anerlich
07-16-2002, 06:13 PM
That Carl chooses not to reign you in, speaks volumes about his intentions.

I seriously doubt that this KFO storm in a teacup has even made it as a blip onto Carl's radar screen. Some of r5a's fellow students might find his stargazing, hagiographic and prodigious output on his favorite subject embarrassing, but I don't really think redboy's done anything to discredit Carl. Balancing the patter of our favourite carney barker against the more reasonable statements of some of Carl's si-dais and si-hings on here, he basically sounds like an competent teacher who's pretty good at what he does. Maybe he's lurking and laughing as hard as the rest of us at some of the hyperbolic rubbish that's been spouted in his name.

All sorts of rubbish is written about all sorts of people all the time on the internet. If, say, William Cheung or Emin Boztepe really worried about the opinions of the hoi polloi on internet forums, they'd be doing time in Old Jong's psych hospital by now.

EnterTheWhip
07-16-2002, 06:50 PM
It's your delusion. You can name any fantasy location. I wouldn't pick Toronto either. Sorry Grendel, delusion doesn't exist much here in Canada, contrary to the U.S. It's part of our culture.

yuanfen
07-16-2002, 10:28 PM
sui: red5angel apparently knows more about lim lek than I do.
You two should do well if you "conversate". Cheers.

Grendel
07-17-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by EnterTheWhip
Sorry Grendel, delusion doesn't exist much here in Canada, contrary to the U.S. It's part of our culture.
Canada has a culture? Now, that's delusional. :)

Do you have to give the inmates access to computers? :)

red5angel
07-17-2002, 06:40 AM
I thought Canada was part of the US?! :D

Alpha Dog
07-17-2002, 05:25 PM
Incidentally, Grendel, I think most Americans have a real advantage over us Canadians when it comes to learning Wing Chun's two-handed techniques -- after all, the vast majority of you have been practicing trying to find your backsides with both hands for years!

http://www.sptimes.com/News/071501/Worldandnation/_You_have_a_TV_statio.shtml

Grendel
07-20-2002, 06:07 PM
Incidentally, Grendel, I think most Americans have a real advantage over us Canadians when it comes to learning Wing Chun's two-handed techniques -- after all, the vast majority of you have been practicing trying to find your backsides with both hands for years!
Canada has Wing Chun?:) ....Nah! Pull the other one. :)

http://www.sptimes.com/News/071501/Worldandnation/_You_have_a_TV_statio.shtml
Nice article.

It concerns me to learn the border is unguarded. How'd that Quebec independence thing turn out?

Regards,

Alpha Dog
07-20-2002, 07:15 PM
3 days, 32 minutes and that is all you could come up with?

Grendel
07-20-2002, 09:33 PM
3 days, 32 minutes and that is all you could come up with?
Hi AD,

Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention to you. I was just being nice to feelings of the poor forgetten souls in the Great White North. I understand why you have the inferiority complex, really, I do. :)

If your karmic cycle improves, next life you might come back as a Afgani. :)

Alpha Dog
07-21-2002, 05:36 AM
We're not safe from John Wayne in Afghanistan either! Read this, if it isn't going to take you another three days...

Pilot log sheds new light on bombing accident

By PAUL KORING
With a report from Daniel Leblanc

Friday, July 19, 2002 – Print Edition, Page A1

WASHINGTON -- Still-classified details of radio communications among U.S. warplanes involved in the friendly-fire bombing of Canadian troops in Afghanistan indicate that failures extended far beyond the pilots of the F-16s who were blamed by the Canadian and U.S. investigations.

Published excerpts of radio communications by the pilot who dropped the bomb and by his airborne controllers suggest that none had been properly briefed about the live-fire exercise, and that serious command-and-control failures involving senior officers may have contributed to the April 17 incident.

Controllers aboard the AWACS (airborne warning and control system) jet -- a converted Boeing 707 carrying a huge revolving radar disc -- who should have known precisely the locations of the two F-16s, were unaware of the Canadian gunnery exercise or failed to warn the two pilots.

Yet the Canadian and U.S. investigations have laid the blame squarely on the pilots, making no mention of an apparent command breakdown that resulted in vital information about the Canadian exercise failing to reach the U.S. airmen.

"Neither the air crew nor the AWACS were told," Charles Gittins, the lawyer for Major Harry Schmidt, the F-16 pilot who dropped the bomb, said yesterday. "The higher-ups are putting the blame on the pilots."

The communication excerpts, published yesterday in The Washington Times, depict an unidentified AWACS controller clearing Major Schmidt, a veteran combat pilot and experienced instructor, to attack what he believed were enemy troops who were firing at his jet.

"You're cleared. Self-defence," the controller said, moments after Major Schmidt radioed: "I am rolling in, in self-defence."

Although senior Canadian officers have stressed -- and the investigation confirmed -- the warning that Canadian troops would fire weapons was passed to U.S. ground commanders, neither the location nor the time of the exercise was made known to the pilots or to the airborne control officers.

That failure could point to high-ranking U.S. officers responsible for co-ordination among allied combat forces, air and ground, in the Afghan theatre of war.
"It's a question of leadership and control . . . way above the pay grade of the pilots," Mr. Gittins said, adding that there is "evidence of an unwillingness to identify larger issues that might affect the culpability of substantially more senior individuals." The two pilots could be court-martialled or face administrative action.

The U.S. and Canadian investigations did not mention that AWACS controllers had cleared Major Schmidt to attack and that the clearance -- while unnecessary in cases of self-defence under the rules of engagement -- came moments after he released the bomb.

As the two F-16s flew high in the night sky above the Kandahar area, Major Schmidt saw gunfire arcing up from the ground, the radio transcripts show.

"Boss man," he radioed to the AWACS, "this is Coffee 52. I've got tally in the vicinity. Request permission to lay down some 20 mike [20-mm] cannon fire."

Major William Umbach, flying the lead in the two-fighter patrol, radioed: "Let's just make sure it's not friendlies."

Believing the ground fire was directed at them, the F-16 pilots took evasive action, and using night-vision goggles and a data link between the two planes, exchanged views of the ground target. "When you've got a chance, put it on the spy [a sensor]," Major Schmidt said. "You've got a good hack on it."

Later the AWACS controller radioed, "Hold fire. I need details on safire [surface-to-air fire]."

"I've got some men on a road, and it looks like a piece of artillery firing at us," replied Major Schmidt, who then radioed that he was headed in for an attack. "Boss man copies," replied the AWACS.

As the bomb exploded, Major Schmidt sought confirmation from the AWACS that the F-16s had been under attack. "Can you confirm they were shooting us?" he asked. "You're cleared. Self-defence," the controller replied.

If neither of the pilots, who were flying a nine-hour combat mission from Kuwait to provide ground support to allied troops, nor the AWACS controllers were briefed about the exercise, then a gross breakdown in command and control apparently occurred.

Yet both official investigations focused on the pilots as the cause of the accident: Major Umbach, who used a laser designator to target the gunmen, and Major Schmidt, who dropped the 225-kilogram bomb that landed with deadly accuracy among a company of Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, killing four and wounding eight.

"The two American F-16 pilots contravened established procedures and were the cause of the incident," is the finding of the Canadian investigation that was led by retired General Maurice Baril.

The U.S. investigation found "the cause of the friendly-fire incident to be the failure of the two pilots to exercise appropriate flight discipline. . . ."

Gen. Baril was criticized yesterday for not painting a full picture of the events leading to the bombing. "Certainly Gen. Baril misled us badly in saying that the blame is solely on the pilots," Canadian Alliance MP Leon Benoit said.

Military analyst Howard Michitsch said Gen. Baril was wrong to withhold crucial information from the public, such as the entire chain of events and whether anyone else shares the blame. "We don't know now what happened," he said. "It's systemic; it's not just two pilots who were cowboys."

Both inquiries gave short shrift to the failure of U.S. officers to pass on the information that heavy gunfire in the middle of the night, only a few kilometres from the U.S. base at Kandahar airport, was part of a Canadian training exercise.

Major Schmidt told investigators that his preflight briefing did not include mention of the live-fire exercise. The Canadian investigation confirmed "the F-16 pilots involved were not aware of the Tarnak Farm [exercise area] nor the planned live-fire exercise."

Neither the Canadian nor the U.S. report confirms that the AWACS controllers were unaware of the Canadian live-fire exercise; the U.S. report refers only vaguely to "failings within the pilots' immediate command structures."

The Canadian inquiry also investigated communication between ground and air forces within the coalition, but that section was the only one deleted from the summary released to the public.

Canadian Forces spokesman Captain Daryl Morrell said the section was excised because of privacy, operational security concerns and "so as not to prejudice any possible future activity the U.S. government might choose to take."

-- Grendel, if you need any help reading this, perhaps I could phoneticise it or translate it into eubonics for yo dum ass...

TargetAlex
07-21-2002, 06:59 AM
Grendel, don't be an ignorant jerk. Your comments that Canadians would be improved if they came back as Afghanis is disgusting.

Did you know that several Canadian soldiers serving in Afghanistan are going to be decorated by the U.S. government for saving a group of American soldiers? Did you know our snipers are setting records picking of Al Quada troops one by one sometimes from distances of 2400 meters (1.5 miles), this done using rifles that in some cases have been around since the Korean War?

Do not dare insult Canadians (which would include those serving in Afghanistan as we speak) from the safety of your keyboard. You really make Americans look bad in the eyes of your Canadian neighbours when you spout off insulting comments without thinking.

This is an interesting read:

http://www.uni.ca/country_forget.html

-Alex

{i^(
07-21-2002, 07:52 AM
Carl can fly and kill. He has costumes in BOTH lycra and spandex. The capes, however, interfere with his turning.

(My "pet" Modukbot says: "I am so excited about learning wing chun under Carl Dechiara. I am so excited about learning wing chun under Carl Dechiara. I am so excited about learning wing chun under Carl Dechiara. Carl Dechiara seems willing to take the pepsi challenge if you know what I mean? I am so excited about learning wing chun under Carl Dechiara. I am so excited about learning wing chun under Carl Dechiara. I am so excited about learning wing chun under Carl Dechiara. I am so excited about learning wing chun under Carl Dechiara. Part of what we are learning with Carl Dechiara is (mercifully truncated)")

Modukbot has been pre-loaded with all available commentary. He is an experiment in AI. Kinda sloppy right now.

Oh. Call me Oz, if you want. Cyclops will do.

Grendel
07-21-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by TargetAlex
Grendel, don't be an ignorant jerk. Your comments that Canadians would be improved if they came back as Afghanis is disgusting.

Did you know that several Canadian soldiers serving in Afghanistan are going to be decorated by the U.S. government for saving a group of American soldiers? Did you know our snipers are setting records picking of Al Quada troops one by one sometimes from distances of 2400 meters (1.5 miles), this done using rifles that in some cases have been around since the Korean War?

Do not dare insult Canadians (which would include those serving in Afghanistan as we speak) from the safety of your keyboard. You really make Americans look bad in the eyes of your Canadian neighbours when you spout off insulting comments without thinking.

This is an interesting read:

http://www.uni.ca/country_forget.html

-Alex
Hi Alex,

I didn't start the exchange and apologize for going off topic. Canada is a wonderful country and Canadians are wonderful people. So go lay back in your hot tub, have some poutine, and smoke a Cuban cigar for dessert. Don't worry, America is not abandoning you, no matter what you read on the web.

Cheers,

Alpha Dog
07-21-2002, 10:22 AM

Canada has a culture? Now, that's delusional. :)

Do you have to give the inmates access to computers? :)

Hint: With both hands on the keyboard, Grendel, you'll never find your ass.

Grendel
07-21-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Alfalpha Dog

Hint: With both hands on the keyboard, Grendel, you'll never find your ass.
Hi ADD,

Now, now. Calm down. If Canada has a culture, can you give an example? And, this time, make it a positive example.

To stay on thread regarding Carl and Canada, I know Carl is not Canadian but he may be delusional about his significance in the world. :)

Regards,

Alpha Dog
07-21-2002, 03:04 PM
Alejandro Avila -- friend or relative of yours?

Grendel
07-21-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Alejandro Avila Dog
Alejandro Avila -- friend or relative of yours?
Hi ADD,

I hope you haven't been leading the criticism of Red5Angel. I think his statements only represents himself and and his sifu.

You, on the other hand, seem to purport to be representing Canada in your mind and doing it in such a way for all the world to see what lies within your character.

Sad for you.

old jong
07-21-2002, 03:23 PM
There are as many cultures as there are distinct regions and people in Canada!...Just like in the U.S.A.! What is the problem here?

Alpha Dog
07-21-2002, 03:30 PM

Hi ADD,

I hope you haven't been leading the criticism of Red5Angel. I think his statements only represents himself and and his sifu.

You, on the other hand, seem to purport to be representing Canada in your mind and doing it in such a way for all the world to see what lies within your character.

Sad for you.

No, Grandnelley, not representing all Canadians, no more than you showing your ignorance on behalf of all Americans, anyway -- just showing how easy it is to take the pi$$ out of a dVmba$$.

Tell me about you and Carl -- how long have you two been "friends"?

Grendel
07-21-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by old jong
There are as many cultures as there are distinct regions and people in Canada!...Just like in the U.S.A.! What is the problem here?
Hi Old Jong,

The problem is not really a problem. It's actually good to see youngsters who defend and extoll the virtues of their society. Just a misunderstanding about my retorts to distortions about the USA.

BTW, Alpha Dog's reference in his last post refers to a sad case of kidnapping and murder of a five-year-old child. Perhaps we can agree that this was in very bad taste.

Regards,

Alpha Dog
07-21-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by a moron
It's actually good to see youngsters who defend and extoll the virtues of their society.

You and your 32 years are wise? LMAO!

Congrats on knowing the news as it pertains to your own backyard, even if you don't have a clue about the rest of the world....

Grendel
07-21-2002, 03:53 PM

You and your 32 years are wise? LMAO!

Buddy, when you notice bad taste, do what your momma told you and spit.
Hi ADD,

I stand by my last post.

Regards,

Alpha Dog
07-21-2002, 03:54 PM
Yeah, in hindsight so do I.

Grendel
07-21-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Alfalpha Dog
Yeah, in hindsight so do I.
Hi ADD,

Certainly if you're using your "hindsight," your bunghole view explains your obtuse proclivity for posting c r a p u l o u s comments.

Regards,

Alpha Dog
07-22-2002, 03:37 AM
Grendel, I thought you had run out of witty things to say. Or did you just go back to your challenge of finding your ass with both hands again for several hours, fail, and come back to the board? Looks like you ran off to look up some big words, very impressive!

That's okay, Grendel, you may be useless, but you're a useless American and that is the best useless, right?

Congrats, Grendel, on 32 years of wasting skin!

red5angel
07-22-2002, 01:29 PM
Hey Grendel, I dont get it!? You lecture me on how I am representing Carl on the internet and I should be respectful and then get into a scrap like this? How is that representing your sifu in a good way? Besides man lay off Canada, I dont see what the big deal is? Is there some reason you have singled them out? Like Alpha Dog said (and him and I agreeing are like the sun and moon occupying the same spot!) you are representing americans as well so follow some of your own advice!

Grendel
07-22-2002, 06:39 PM
Hey Grendel, I dont get it!? You lecture me on how I am representing Carl on the internet and I should be respectful and then get into a scrap like this?

Hey Red5Angel,

As I've previously pointed out, I didn't start the exchange. Sorry if I've offended your delicate sensibilities. :)

Besides man lay off Canada, I dont see what the big deal is?

You're right there.

Is there some reason you have singled them out?

If there's a person with greater hubris than a Canadian criticizing America, then I've yet to meet him.

Like Alpha Dog said (and him and I agreeing are like the sun and moon occupying the same spot!) you are representing americans as well so follow some of your own advice! [/B][/QUOTE]
That's ridiculous. Canadians are stung with much more recognition of their national inferiority every day, even in their own media. Alfalpha Dog represents the reason for their declining fertility rates.

So, let’s see, how about a summary so far. Whipping Hand made the specious comment that a “Torontonian” kicked Carl’s ass. When queried for details, since the claim was bogus, none were forthcoming. Then from the depths of their collective whining national inferiority complex, the Canadian chorus of attacks came whining back like the mosquitoes in the Spring in the frozen North.

Wujidude came back with another attack on Carl, suggesting that he has had his ass handed to him numerous times. (Note the common fascination for these snivelers for the thought of male “ass,” common to their posts.)

Next one Zhuge Liang mischaracterized an article by Ray Van Raamsdonk regarding your Sigung. Then Enter the Whip lamely denies his claim and insults America again, and next claims delusion is part of Canada’s culture to which I, defending Canada as America always does, made a joke about this reference to Canadian culture or lack of knowledge of the existence of same.

Attention Deficit (AD) then counters with another of his frequent references to men’s behinds in defense of Canadian culture, which hadn’t been disparaged, yet. And, in his next installment of the continuing saga of Canada on the defensive, ADD took umbrage at the comment that if he lived better, he could come back in a higher karmic state, e.g. an Afghani. For this reason, he then boasted about the Canadian troops committed to the Afghan war, as if we were unaware of it and then uses his nose for news to scoop up the painful and tragic incident of Canadian troops injured by “friendly fire,” while yet again making a reference to my hind regions.

This was followed by the tender interlude of Alex, calling me a jerk, (Hey, Alex, that hurt.) and citing the fact that Canadian troops are using 50-year-old equipment, which not incidentally puts them behind the Afghanis, because their armed forces haven’t been properly equipped because, you guessed it, the USA is always there to defend them, saving them money and men. And yet, the whining and sniveling continues from the northern border.

Then ADD gets back in late and reminds again of his fetish for the male behind. When I dare to reply, he posts the following:

Alejandro Avila -- friend or relative of yours?-AD

This ADD follows with more azz-grabbing comments, which he follows with another azz-grabbing post and an insult to Americans.

Now ask yourself, can you find it in you to forgive me? LMAO!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ Off to train. See ya.'

Alpha Dog
07-22-2002, 07:39 PM
What but an inferiority complex made ****heads like you so defensive?

Nice long, whiny rant, by the way. Crybaby!

"Here in this hopeless ****ing hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any ****ing time. Any ****ing day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay." -- Tool (an American band)

Mr Punch
07-22-2002, 08:17 PM
Bloody unruly colonic upstarts the lot of ya.

You're all ****wits!

Anyone for wing chun?

Mr Punch
07-22-2002, 08:19 PM
That red5angel seems like a nice respectful boy!

:rolleyes:

sunkuen
07-22-2002, 09:10 PM
" This was followed by the tender interlude of Alex, calling me a jerk, (Hey, Alex, that hurt.) and citing the fact that Canadian troops are using 50-year-old equipment, which not incidentally puts them behind the Afghanis, because their armed forces haven’t been properly equipped because, you guessed it, the USA is always there to defend them, saving them money and men. And yet, the whining and sniveling continues from the northern border. "

Grendel, the whole world knows Canada could take over the States with nothing more than a handful of men with pitchforks and pickaxes. Lucky for Y'all we are the peace loving nation that we are.:D

RevTemerity
07-22-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Mat
Bloody unruly colonic upstarts the lot of ya.

You're all [Deletia]

Anyone for wing chun?

Hey, Mat, nice pic under your name. Where'd you find those bears doing WC. Nice touch.

Count me in for a good WC discussion.

Zhuge Liang
07-22-2002, 11:51 PM
normally, I wouldn't respond to a thread that has degenerated to this degree, but I would like to correct something.

Grendel said,
"Next one Zhuge Liang mischaracterized an article by Ray Van Raamsdonk regarding your Sigung"

I don't think I did that. There, that was easy.

Zhuge Liang

Mr Punch
07-23-2002, 12:08 AM
Hi Rev.

I nicked them for a website by a man called Ken (not Chung) but then found that he'd nicked them from Ken Chung's!!!

I'm now on a quest to find some original amusing animal kungfusters!

Grendel
07-23-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by sunkuen

Grendel, the whole world knows Canada could take over the States with nothing more than a handful of men with pitchforks and pickaxes. Lucky for Y'all we are the peace loving nation that we are.:D
I agree. I'm sleepless over that unguarded border. :)

Actually, like all Western nations, we could use more men who can handle pitchforks and pickaxes.

Alpha Dog
07-23-2002, 04:17 AM
Federal Bureau of Prisons
Weekly Population Report
July 22, 2002

Institution Current Population

ALDERSON FPC, WV 902
ALLENWOOD FPC, PA 591
ALLENWOOD LOW FCI, PA 1398
ALLENWOOD MED FCI, PA 1413
ALLENWOOD USP, PA 990
ASHLAND FCI, KY 1130
ASHLAND-CAMP 285
ATLANTA USP, GA 2009
ATLANTA-CAMP 494
ATWATER USP, CA 877
ATWATER-CAMP 106
BASTROP FCI, TX 1303
BASTROP-CAMP 158
BEAUMONT LOW FCI, TX 2118
BEAUMONT MED FCI, TX 1654
BEAUMONT USP, TX 1310
BEAUMONT-CAMP 303
BECKLEY FCI, WV 1723
BECKLEY-CAMP 343
BIG SPRING FCI, TX 794
BIG SPRING-CAMP 131
BROOKLYN MDC, NY 2479
BRYAN FPC, TX 676
BRYAN-ICC 95
BUTNER FMC, NC 698
BUTNER LOW FCI, NC 1282
BUTNER MED FCI, NC 877
BUTNER-CAMP 324
CARSWELL FMC, TX 1151
CARSWELL-CAMP 184
CHICAGO MCC, IL 706
COLEMAN LOW FCI, FL 2031
COLEMAN MED FCI, FL 1681
COLEMAN-CAMP 410
COLEMAN USP, FL 1450
CUMBERLAND FCI, MD 1203
CUMBERLAND-CAMP 285
DANBURY FCI, CT 1127
DANBURY-CAMP 243
DEVENS FMC, MA 1151
DEVENS-CAMP 127
DUBLIN FCI, CA 1152
DUBLIN-CAMP 297
DULUTH FPC, MN 562
EDGEFIELD FCI, SC 1122
EDGEFIELD-CAMP 402
EGLIN FPC, FL 804
EL RENO FCI, OK 1265
EL RENO-CAMP 171
ELKTON FCI, OH 1835
ELKTON-FSL 533
ENGLEWOOD FCI, CO 919
ENGLEWOOD-CAMP 115
ESTILL FCI, SC 1222
ESTILL-CAMP 272
FAIRTON FCI, NJ 1368
FAIRTON-CAMP 93
FLORENCE ADMAX USP, CO 415
FLORENCE FCI, CO 1224
FLORENCE FCI-CAMP 430
FLORENCE HIGH USP, CO 969
FORREST CITY FCI, AR 1814
FORREST CITY FCI-CAMP 232
FORT DIX FCI, NJ 3954
FORT DIX-CAMP 362
FORT WORTH FMC, TX 1532
GREENVILLE FCI, IL 1220
GREENVILLE-CAMP 227
GUAYNABO MDC, RQ 1195
HONOLULU FDC, HI 490
HOUSTON FDC, TX 900
JESUP FCI, GA 1111
JESUP-CAMP 142
JESUP-FSL 567
LA TUNA FCI, TX 1241
LA TUNA-CAMP 138
LA TUNA-FSL (EL PASO) 418
LEAVENWORTH USP, KS 1650
LEAVENWORTH-CAMP 400
LEE USP, VA 725
LEE USP-CAMP 108
LEWISBURG USP, PA 1118
LEWISBURG-CAMP 343
LEWISBURG-ICC 181
LEXINGTON FMC, KY 1952
LEXINGTON-CAMP 164
LOMPOC FCI, CA 1046
LOMPOC FCI-ICC 147
LOMPOC USP, CA 1121
LOMPOC USP-CAMP 301
LORETTO FCI, PA 1091
LORETTO-CAMP 120
LOS ANGELES MDC, CA 1068
MANCHESTER FCI, KY 1190
MANCHESTER-CAMP 429
MARIANNA FCI, FL 1261
MARIANNA-CAMP 302
MARION USP, IL 460
MARION-CAMP 336
MCKEAN FCI, PA 1306
MCKEAN-CAMP 317
MEMPHIS FCI, TN 1209
MEMPHIS-CAMP 287
MIAMI FCI, FL 1206
MIAMI FCI-CAMP 256
MIAMI FDC, FL 1482
MILAN FCI, MI 1513
MONTGOMERY FPC, AL 829
MORGANTOWN FCI, WV 999
NELLIS FPC, NV 569
NEW YORK MCC, NY 892
OAKDALE FCI, LA 1373
OAKDALE FDC, LA 810
OAKDALE FDC-CAMP 91
OKLAHOMA CITY FTC, OK 1481
OTISVILLE FCI, NY 1009
OTISVILLE-CAMP 116
OXFORD FCI, WI 1017
OXFORD-CAMP 200
PEKIN FCI, IL 1316
PEKIN-CAMP 232
PENSACOLA FPC, FL 508
PETERSBURG FCI, VA 1142
PETERSBURG MED FCI, VA 1242
PETERSBURG-CAMP 303
PHILADELPHIA FDC, PA 1036
PHOENIX FCI, AZ 1280
PHOENIX-CAMP 160
POLLOCK USP, LA 1380
POLLOCK-CAMP 108
RAY BROOK FCI, NY 1219
ROCHESTER FMC, MN 782
SAFFORD FCI, AZ 816
SAN DIEGO MCC, CA 887
SANDSTONE FCI, MN 898
SCHUYLKILL FCI, PA 1231
SCHUYLKILL-CAMP 296
SEAGOVILLE FCI, TX 1142
SEAGOVILLE-CAMP 97
SEATAC FDC, WA 673
SEYMOUR JOHNSN FPC, NC 555
SHERIDAN FCI, OR 1363
SHERIDAN-CAMP 488
SPRINGFIELD USMCFP, MO 1200
TALLADEGA FCI, AL 1054
TALLADEGA-CAMP 316
TALLAHASSEE FCI, FL 1309
TERMINAL ISL FCI, CA 1030
TERRE HAUTE USP, IN 948
TERRE HAUTE-CAMP 393
TEXARKANA FCI, TX 1333
TEXARKANA-CAMP 260
THREE RIVERS FCI, TX 1034
THREE RIVERS-CAMP 279
TUCSON FCI, AZ 874
VICTORVILLE MED FCI 1649
VICTORVILLE-CAMP 172
WASECA FCI, MN 1071
YANKTON FPC, SD 622
YAZOO CITY FCI, MS 1863
YAZOO-CAMP 131
BUREAU OF PRISONS 136092

PRIVATELY MANAGED PRISONS
CALIFORNIA CITY CI, CA 2582
CIBOLA COUNTY CI, NM 1001
ELOY DC, AZ 466
ELOY DC-INS 863
RIVERS CI, NC 1291
TAFT CI, CA 1906
TAFT-CAMP 451
TOTAL 8560

CONTRACT FACILITIES
LONG-TERM CONTRACT/IGA 7898
BIG SPRING, TX 2589
EDEN, TX 1294
FLUVANNA, VA 132
GARZA, TX 998
GREENSVILLE, VA 675
REEVES, TX 1993
OTHER 217
CCC'S 6806
HOME CONFINEMENT 1710
JAIL/SHORT-TERM DETENTION 1011
CONTRACT JUVENILES 265
TOTAL 17690

TOTAL, BUREAU OF PRISONS 162342

-- better put them to work before they all convert to Islam and enact some more "friendly fire."

Incidentally, do you know the difference between "injure" and "kill"? Or do you get all your news from USA Today?

red5angel
07-23-2002, 07:15 AM
Grendel, I dont think you get it. What I am saying is clean your own porch off before you clean others. Dont ever tell me again to be respectful or to watch what I am saying and how I am representing anyone, while participating in a discussion like this which is not only absurd, but borderline racist.

black and blue
07-23-2002, 07:59 AM
Word to ya Mud'ha!

Americans are nice
Canadians are nice

Rapper Vanilla Ice (Toasting MCs like a pound-a-bacon)
Rapper Snow (Infarrrrmerrrr... a licky bum bum down)

Where ever you live in North America... you've contributed, m'hommies.

WORD

Grendel
07-23-2002, 01:34 PM
Dont ever tell me again to be respectful or to watch what I am saying and how I am representing anyone, while participating in a discussion like this which is not only absurd, but borderline racist.
Tsk. Tsk. Red5Angle's got a burr up his arse.
Absurd it is, but how is it racist?

red5angel
07-23-2002, 01:47 PM
Racist may not be the best term for it but if these truly are your beliefs about Canada and its culture, its too bad. I say if you dont understand it then go check it out and see for yourself instead of making uneducated judgements on a culture, any culture.

As for absurd, yes, try getting people to do what you do and not do what you say. Thats what makes a good teacher and a good example. In the spirit of Black and Blues last post "check yo self before you wreck yo self"

Grendel
07-23-2002, 02:29 PM

In the spirit of Black and Blues last post "check yo self before you wreck yo self"
Good advice. All right, I'm a good example of a bad example. :)

RevTemerity
07-23-2002, 02:41 PM

Good advice. All right, I'm a good example of a bad example. :)

In this Canadian/anti-Canadian free-for-all, I'll give you two examples, one pro-Canada and one con-Canada. You pick which one is which:

a) Driving to Portage la Prairie, I drive by an ice cream shop called "Bashful Robin's -- We're Canadian."

b) Doing work outside of Windsor and the Polymer Salesman I'm doing business with takes invites me to dinner at a posh restaurant in Windsor. As we get out of the car at the restaurant, I instinctively begin to lock the doors. He retorts immediately, "What are you afraid of? American Tourists?"

Of course, none of this has anything to do with Wing Chun, but nobody seems to care about that at this point.

byond
07-23-2002, 02:50 PM
lol:D ....ive never heared more malarky in my life......reminds me of wwe wrestling ...they have this group of "anti americans"..who are canadian......when my friend told me about this,,,i thought he must be joking......sure as the sun shines.. they have evil canadians who are anti american....that is the dumbest thing ive ever heard of.....how american of us to come up with an idea like that..........these posts are like a fractal of that wwe story line...how scary......what would even be worst was if large amounts of people across the world had the same mentality ? fractal scalability??......they dont do they??
b

Grendel
07-23-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by byond
lol:D ....ive never heared more malarky in my life......reminds me of wwe wrestling ...they have this group of "anti americans"..who are canadian......when my friend told me about this,,,i thought he must be joking......sure as the sun shines.. they have evil canadians who are anti american....that is the dumbest thing ive ever heard of.....how american of us to come up with an idea like that..........these posts are like a fractal of that wwe story line...how scary......what would even be worst was if large amounts of people across the world had the same mentality ? fractal scalability??......they dont do they??
b
LMAO. :) Fractal scalability! :) Evil Canadians! :) Good summation. On another thread, Red5angler writes:

If you ask me MOST wingchun has been infiltrated by loonies. :)There's small truth in this wacky thread, except for the sterling examples of Carl going back through time to beat up Kublar Khan, and of course, the unimpeachable reference to the dreaded Torontonian who defeated the King in Minneapolis, Toronto's sister city. :) :) :)

Alpha Dog
07-24-2002, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Grendel Bin Laden

Hey Red5Angel,

As I've previously pointed out, I didn't start the exchange PRAISE ALLAH! Sorry if I've offended your delicate sensibilities. :)

[B]
You're right there.
[B]
If there's a person with greater hubris than a Canadian criticizing America, then I've yet to meet him. PRAISE ALLAH!

Like Alpha Dog said (and him and I agreeing are like the sun and moon occupying the same spot!) you PRAISE ALLAH! are representing americans as well so follow some of your own advice!

That's ridiculous. Canadians are stung with much more recognition of their national inferiority PRAISE ALLAH! every day, even in their own media. Alfalpha Dog represents the reason for their declining fertility rates.

So, let’s see, how about a summary so far. Whipping Hand made the specious comment that a “Torontonian” kicked Carl’s ass. When queried for details, since the claim was bogus, none were forthcoming. PRAISE ALLAH! Then from the depths of their collective whining national inferiority complex, the Canadian chorus of attacks came whining back like the mosquitoes PRAISE ALLAH! in the Spring in the frozen North.

Wujidude came back with another attack on Carl, suggesting that he has had his ass handed to him numerous times. (Note the common fascination for these snivelers for the thought of male “ass,” common to their posts.) PRAISE ALLAH!

Next one Zhuge Liang PRAISE ALLAH! mischaracterized an article by Ray Van Raamsdonk regarding your Sigung. Then Enter the Whip lamely denies his claim and insults America again, PRAISE ALLAH! and next claims delusion is part of Canada’s culture to which I, defending Canada as America always does, made a joke about this reference to Canadian culture or lack of knowledge PRAISE ALLAH! of the existence of same.

Attention Deficit (AD) then counters with another of his frequent references to men’s behinds in defense of Canadian culture, which hadn’t been disparaged, yet. PRAISE ALLAH! And, in his next installment of the continuing saga of Canada on the defensive, ADD took umbrage at the comment that if he lived better, he could come back in a higher karmic state, e.g. an Afghani. For this reason, he then boasted about the Canadian PRAISE ALLAH! troops committed to the Afghan war, as if we were unaware of it and then uses his nose for news to scoop up the painful and tragic incident of Canadian troops injured by “friendly fire,” while yet again making a PRAISE ALLAH! reference to my hind regions.

This was followed by the tender interlude of Alex, calling me a jerk, (Hey, Alex, that hurt.) and citing the fact that PRAISE ALLAH! Canadian troops are using 50-year-old equipment, which not incidentally puts them behind the Afghanis PRAISE ALLAH! because their armed forces haven’t been properly equipped because, you guessed it, the USA is always there to defend them, saving them money and men. PRAISE ALLAH! And yet, the whining PRAISE ALLAH! and sniveling continues from the northern border.

Then ADD gets PRAISE ALLAH! back in late and reminds again of his fetish for the male behind. When I dare to reply, he posts the following:
[B]
This ADD follows with more azz-grabbing PRAISE ALLAH! comments, which he follows with another azz-grabbing post and an insult to Americans.

Now ask yourself, can you find it in you to forgive me? LMAO! PRAISE ALLAH!

PRAISE ALLAH! Off to train. See ya. PRAISE ALLAH!'

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/23/binladen.internet/index.html

reneritchie
07-24-2002, 10:32 AM
> Originally posted by red5angel

> In the spirit of Black and Blues last post "check yo self before
> you wreck yo self"

And go the way of Das FX? (sp?) Hmmmm....

RR

red5angel
07-24-2002, 10:33 AM
LOL! RR, I think the spelling is correct!

byond
07-24-2002, 11:43 AM
hi felons,
thought i would share my top 10 reasons for loving canada

1) south park
2) dun wah sifu
3) ngo sifu
4) french canadian woman are beautiful
5) the gwar song from south park about brian/carl and kubla khan
6) Trish stratis
7) alpha flight
8) lit sifu
9) 222's
10)" rumble in the bronx" was filmed there, not in the bronx

reneritchie
07-24-2002, 12:02 PM
Brian - WTF?! I'm right here! <scratches Brian off his US list>

byond
07-24-2002, 12:31 PM
lol:D modification of #3) ngo sifu and students including
rene ritchie
antony c
& georga dow
lol
:D

Grendel
07-24-2002, 12:33 PM
hi felons,
You're thinking of Australians. :)

thought i would share my top 10 reasons for loving canada

Give it your best shot. :)

1) south park

Too derivative.

2) dun wah sifu
3) ngo sifu

Who?

4) french canadian woman are beautiful

We like them too. Unfortunately, not enough of them to matter and they go about all bundled up. And, national pultritude or lack of same is largely determined by the dominant English Canadians. Sadly, this contributes to Canada's birthrate not being enough to replace its aging population. Turns out Canada's socialist policies are turning out too many male-ass-loving types like Alphalfa Dog. Besides French Canadians want independence, but they'll settle for having advantages the rest of you don't.

5) the gwar song from south park about brian/carl and kubla khan

Score one for your argument. :)

6) Trish stratis
7) alpha flight
8) lit sifu
9) 222's

Who? What?

10)" rumble in the bronx" was filmed there, not in the bronx
Nice try, but it would have been better filmed in the Bronx. :) All those beautiful American women.

Originally posted by Alpo Dog quoting Red5Angler
Like Alpha Dog said (and him and I agreeing are like the sun and moon occupying the same spot!) you PRAISE ALLAH! are representing americans as well so follow some of your own advice!
Offal Dog and Red5Angel---racist? You decide.---Nuff said.

byond
07-24-2002, 01:02 PM
lol.... hhhmmmm by felon i meant the peanut gallery.....in detroit we used to say "hi felon's" instead of "hi fella's"..making fun of the apple pie eaten people out there....old habits die hard......and that was a bad joke on your part :) i almost like australia as much as canada but they dont have a theme song by gwar.
#1. derivative of what? i thought it was autobiographical
# 2, 3. are you kidding?
#4. as i said french canadian woman are beautiful. perhaps we can ship some breeding material in from paris if you feel they are a dwindling minority
#5. hey 1 point
#6. hot female wrestler chick
#7. alpha flight are the canadian avengers. wolverine used to be hooked up with them
#8. seriously?
#9. if you dont know, you dont need to know:D
#10. perhaps if your in california or new york because of all the beautiful mixtures you can say that....im in the mid west....there is a prevailing heavyness aboot things here...:D

grendel....do you know who hunter rose is?

red5angel
07-24-2002, 01:16 PM
Hey Australia may not have a theme song by GWAR but they are from somewhere south of there........

Grendel
07-24-2002, 01:57 PM
lol.... hhhmmmm by felon i meant the peanut gallery.....in detroit we used to say "hi felon's" instead of "hi fella's"..making fun of the apple pie eaten people out there....old habits die hard......and that was a bad joke on your part :) i almost like australia as much as canada but they dont have a theme song by gwar.
Are you kidding? Australia's got BayWatch!!! :) :) :) How cool is that? Which brings up a good point: there and here in sunny California, we have the aforementioned sun AND beaches where many beautiful and liberated young women virtually dwell. Cultural advantage overkill. :) Point, set, match. :)

#4. as i said french canadian woman are beautiful. perhaps we can ship some breeding material in from paris if you feel they are a dwindling minority

France, unfortunately, is in even worse shape for lack of population stability, let alone producing enough for export. Sigh.

#7. alpha flight are the canadian avengers. wolverine used to be hooked up with them

My bad. :)

#10. perhaps if your in california or new york because of all the beautiful mixtures you can say that....im in the mid west....there is a prevailing heavyness aboot things here...

The truth is out. I have the privilege and pleasure to live in California. Viva California! Viva Mexico! Viva America! Si, si, si! :)

grendel....do you know who hunter rose is?
To my dismay, I didn't until I looked him up at your implied suggestion. I'm sorta unlike the evil comic Grendel. Interesting that his comic nemesis is Argent Dog.

byond
07-24-2002, 02:12 PM
:D exactly...another odd situation of fractalscalability:D

Alpha Dog
07-24-2002, 05:25 PM
Zodiac, Hillside Strangulair et Tabernac! California, c'est un MECCA pour les vraiment merdiques, n'est pas?

Grendel
07-24-2002, 08:33 PM
Zodiac, Hillside Strangulair et Tabernac! California, c'est un MECCA pour les vraiment merdiques, n'est pas?
Et le Canada est le mecca pour Européens trop stupides pour tourner à gauche quand ils atteignent le rivage.

Sind einige Kanadier von der Scheiße so voll.

Alpha Dog
07-25-2002, 04:09 AM
Nei tiao hu, yi jing bei mei guo ren de da bien chong man le, bu go chou ma?

anyway, so many have fled North throughout history.

Ni shi na tsuei dang ma?

Et mon bit n'est pas a ton gorge, c'est dommage pour toi, pouftaire!

yuanfen
07-25-2002, 05:39 AM
Koto rokom paglamo cholche ekhane kano?
-------------------------
chinda hobothle?

Grendel
07-25-2002, 08:19 AM
Nei tiao hu, yi jing bei mei guo ren de da bien chong man le, bu go chou ma?

anyway, so many have fled North throughout history.

Ni shi na tsuei dang ma?

Et mon bit n'est pas a ton gorge, c'est dommage pour toi, pouftaire!
Chinga te su madre.

red5angel
07-25-2002, 08:42 AM
Yuanfen what language is that?