PDA

View Full Version : How is Kung Fu better than BJJ or MMA

rogue
07-12-2002, 10:03 AM
Is there any proof?

JusticeZero
07-12-2002, 10:17 AM
More variance of the spectrum of force. MMA people don't typically have to study 'drunk uncle Bob' ways to walk people out of a building, nor do they spend much time studying weapons and disarms.

Justa Man
07-12-2002, 10:42 AM
It just IS man. Don't you get it?!

3 words;

Kung Fu Theatre

Need I say more?

African Tiger
07-12-2002, 11:39 AM
In the dictionary under Redunant, please see this post.

In the dictionary under Troll.................................... :rolleyes:

ewallace
07-12-2002, 11:59 AM
How is Kung Fu better than BJJ or MMA?

That's an easy one. It's the cool silk pajamas man. And the jow. Chicks dig the jow.

DragonzRage
07-12-2002, 12:12 PM
Because shadowboxing Muay Thai moves and demonstrating takedowns and submissions isn't nearly cool to impress people with at parties as animal forms and one inch punches.

ewallace
07-12-2002, 12:23 PM
DragonzRage brings up an excellent point. At a party, with numerous attractive ladies lowering their inhabitions, the last thing you want to do is get caught rolling around on the floor with another man.

Suntzu
07-12-2002, 12:25 PM
:D

Cody
07-12-2002, 12:32 PM
case closed. :D

Ryu
07-12-2002, 01:37 PM
uh oh..... this explains a lot ..... :(

Ryu

grifter721
07-12-2002, 02:50 PM
One word FOOTWORK

PaulLin
07-12-2002, 03:05 PM
I am thinking rather to state which is better one, just list what are the advantages in TCMA, KungFu, MMA, or BJJ, what can be achieved and how, the readers will see which are better for them personally.

ewallace
07-12-2002, 03:08 PM
To state which one is better will arise more controversy, which is good for thread life.

To highlight the good points in each would bring far too many positve aspects to the thread, which is bad for thread life.

PaulLin
07-12-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by ewallace
To state which one is better will arise more controversy, which is good for thread life.

To highlight the good points in each would bring far too many positve aspects to the thread, which is bad for thread life.

Yep, that is what I am agree on. It is personal to determind what is best for them depends on what their goals and personality.

ewallace
07-12-2002, 03:12 PM
No, it is not. What works for one will work for everyone. My sifu said so.

PaulLin
07-12-2002, 03:15 PM
No, it is not. What works for one will work for everyone. My sifu said so.

Well, you have to assume that everyone must have the same goal, same body type. And some needs to be hard then soft, some need to begin with soft then get tougher. Want to take a vote one this?

ewallace
07-12-2002, 03:20 PM
Put them all in a line and whack the crap out of them with a 2x4. They will all have the same goal and body type after a few hours.

Votes? We don't need no stinkin votes.

PaulLin
07-12-2002, 03:25 PM
Put them all in a line and whack the crap out of them with a 2x4. They will all have the same goal and body type after a few hours.

Votes? We don't need no stinkin votes.

That is the way to train animals, who don't allow to have a well to choose. I promote the mind over body, not body imprison mind. And there, you will talk to their lawer soon if you do whack the crap out of them with a 2x4.

straight blast
07-12-2002, 05:52 PM
PaulLin...you weren't taking ewallace seriously, surely?

As for the "How is Kung Fu better than BJJ or MMA" question, see my signature :p

rogue
07-12-2002, 08:32 PM
Troll:D

David Jamieson
07-12-2002, 10:21 PM
To be really good at Bjj or MMA, one must have Kung Fu.

Without Kung Fu, you are just contributing to mat grease.
With Kung Fu, you always win, even when you lose.

muwhahahahaha.

peace

ewallace
07-12-2002, 10:51 PM
You see kung fu is kung lek's twin brother. That is why he is such a believer in always having kung fu. You know how twins are.

yenhoi
07-13-2002, 06:58 AM
I agree with Kung Lek.

rogue
07-13-2002, 10:16 AM
You have all passed to the next level to meet the fearsome UG in keyboard battle.

SifuAbel
07-14-2002, 02:22 AM
Its a JKDnian dilema.
You can't compare MMA as a "style" because MMA is composed of any number of combinations of other sytems. So, therefore, it can't be concidered a style on to intself. You are thereby comparing ALL the different systems these people do. And on the flip side "kung fu" is about 400 different systems. Which one of those are we speaking about? Its a riddle enveloped in an enigma.

Then comes the comparison between the average work a day hobbyist vs the do nothing but train professional fighter on both sides of the fence . And don't tell me there is no such thing as a hobbyist MMA practioner.

Next is to determine if we are speaking of the technicality of the systems or the proficiency of the fighters or of the available variety of technique.

Next comes the separation in venue. If you want to see different arts at play you'll have to change the station on your digital cable. They won't come to you, in other words if you want to see KF you need to go were KF is . And, PLEASE would someone get espn to stop playing those stupid musical forms from the US Open!! :rolleyes: Or better yet, just turn the darn TV OFF!! You won't find proof on TV.

Lastly I'm with KL. Technically speaking Kung fu means high skill. If you have high skill you do kung fu regardless of style.

What makes KF better than MMA? When it comes right down to it, I have to say its the sex. Not doing all those steroids keeps our nadds from shrinking. All the cardio and pelvic thrusting ability from the stances makes for good long lasting fun. If your third leg isn't strong the biceps will go unnoticed.

Merryprankster
07-14-2002, 02:39 AM
Ahem... re:sex...

The matwork comes in handy. Trust me.

:D

Daredevil
07-14-2002, 06:21 AM
Like Kung Lek and Sifu Abel kind of already pointed out ... good MMA guys have kung fu.

Kung fu is not a style, and even if it is commonly meant to mean all CMA, it's still a bunch of many styles.

It would be better to speak about individual styles or artists.