PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Wushu vs Wing Chun

rogue
07-12-2002, 10:08 AM
If someone was really good at Olympic Wu Shu and someone else was really good at WC and you locked them in a large cage, who'd walk out alive?:confused:

fa_jing
07-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Fighting art vs. non-fighting art. Wing Chun wins.
-FJ

firepalm
07-12-2002, 10:19 AM
Yeh but the Wushu guy will walk away with the movie contract everytime! What would you rather being able to win a scrap against another martial artist or heaps o cash & fame? Jet probably doesn't give a toss if he can beat a Wing Chun guy! :D

ewallace
07-12-2002, 11:03 AM
Who cares? It's all Tai Chi.

NorthernMantis
07-12-2002, 11:40 AM
Hey I heard that they came out with a wu shu wing chun form. Has anyone seen it?:D

ewallace-

The phrase "it's all tai chi" is just a concept or philosophy stating that all things natural is tai chi. The idea of of taking out exxagerrated movements (jkd,wing chun) , the idea of going along with the force and not fighting it (has any one heard of bjj?), of being relaxed instead of siff (boxing) , everything is natural and nothing is prearranged (nhb fighting), etc. is taiji.

That's how it all relates. Believe it or not but most, if not all, systems share the same principles including yours. Hope I have enlightened you.

ewallace
07-12-2002, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I was just being a smart ass. I think Shooter is actually the one who will tell you it's all Tai Chi.

Cipher
07-12-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by ewallace
Yeah, I was just being a smart ass. I think Shooter is actually the one who will tell you it's all Tai Chi.

Who is shooter? Does he practice Smith 'n Wesson Fu? I have heard of him but I don't know who he is. Anyone have a link to a web page?

NorthernMantis
07-12-2002, 11:52 AM
Hey no problem I knew you were playing around:D I always wanted to shed some light about that since I saw people didn't get it when shooter tried to explain it but I never got the chance till now so I jumped on it. I'm sorry if I seemed like an @ss giving you a lecture when you didn't ask for it.:o

ewallace
07-12-2002, 11:57 AM
No problem bro. I know what thread you were referring to and I think that was actually a very good summary of what Shooter was trying to convey to everyone.