PDA

View Full Version : Norther Mantis Vs Southern Mantis

rogue
07-12-2002, 10:11 AM
If you took a gerbel trained in Northern Mantis and a hampster trained in Southern mantis and put them in the octagon at the next UFC, who would win?:confused:

Badger
07-12-2002, 10:17 AM
Ask Richard Gere.....

Souljah
07-12-2002, 02:36 PM
has this forum just become a place for chatting shiite?

what are the real differences between N.mantis and S.Mantis?????/

ewallace
07-12-2002, 02:52 PM
Well, using simple logic I would think that since the gerbil is a small animail trying to use an external(physical) style against the larger hamster that the hamster would win. However, I've been messing with that IQ test that I posted and my brain has turned to mush.

Juggler
07-13-2002, 03:15 AM
Souljah,

Southern Mantis emphasises on solid-ness of stance and footing, and sophisticated hand and arm techniques, often linked with quick upper-body mechanics.
Northern Mantis is more supple and acrobatic, with more kicks and advanced footwork than its Southern counterpart.

Not much of an explanation, but they're the comparative differences, anyway. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Le nOObi
07-13-2002, 09:06 AM
Soljah- Northern mantis and southern mantis are basically entirely different!

I think if 2 gerbils one trained in southern and the other trained in northern mantis the southern mantis would win because of gerbils short arms it would be difficult to utilize complicated foot work/ kicking and the more compact southern praying mantis would win.

rogue
07-13-2002, 10:09 AM
So a squirrel would take to Northern better?

Le nOObi
07-13-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by rogue
So a squirrel would take to Northern better?

Yeah squirrels are faster moving and could use a style like NPM mantis better than say a gerbil, hamster ,or guinea pig.

rogue
07-13-2002, 10:36 AM
Given their size I'd think a guinea pig would find fast wrestling, BJJ or Judo more to their liking.