PDA

View Full Version : BaBu Lien Huan Video by Tainan Mantis Available

mantis108
07-12-2002, 12:14 PM
Hi All,

As some of you already knew that Tainan Mantis has finished and began selling his video in VHS format . Here are the detail description and purchase info:

It contains the form Babu Lien Huan:

-solo form
-partner version
-applications
-8 two man drills from the form
-4 two man kicking drills...
A. 3 connected kicks
B. low pull round kick
C. sprouting kick with plucking hand
D. sprouting kick with deng ta takedown and rolling hand escape

-4 two man hand drills of three punches each:
A. Outer hanging hand
B.Inner adding punch
C.lift-hug-add a punch
D.rolling punch
And how to combine these different drills into "flow" or "tsai" in our school.

-4 two man "manacle strikes" Which is the first stage of arm pounding and takedowns.

-3 takedowns, which includes the above mentioned hand techniques and how they are used for takedowns.

-appendix
A.solo form with technique names in English and Chinese on each picture in freeze frame style
B. the same for the partner form.

The purchasing price is US $40.00 dollas which includes the shipping via registered mail to the buyer. [personally I think that the best deal].

To order your copy, please send an email to the following link:

Babu Lien Huan Quan Video (kevinbrazier@yahoo.com)

There's also a thread that has a review by a happy customer on it on my TJPM forum. :)

Review on the video (http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=Taijimantis&msg=262.11)

Hope this help those who are interested. BTW, if you have purchased the video and would like to support Tainan's great effort please write your review or comment on this thread. I think he will appreciate the support.

Mantis108

PS. I am doing this for Tainan Mantis as a MA friend and Kung Fu brother upon his request.

Tainan Mantis
07-12-2002, 04:28 PM
Mantis108,
Thanks for the help.

BeiTangLang And NorthernMantis,
Here is the info you asked for.
If you have anymore questions you can ask or e-mail me.

mantis108
07-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Tainan Mantis,

You are most welcome, my friend. It's really my pleasure to be of service.

Warmest regards

Mantis108

flem
07-12-2002, 06:44 PM
tainan mantis,

i understood from another thread that you guy's stuff is secret? (lol). really though, i think it is a credit to your teacher that you have the ability to do with YOUR art what you want. it would be good if un-named master(s) here would pass on "ownership" when it has been earned- good luck!

18elders
07-12-2002, 08:28 PM
?

flem
07-13-2002, 03:17 PM
18elders,

??- which part

yingching
07-23-2002, 10:07 AM
I just received the copy I ordered. I was really impressed!!!Not only with the quality of the video, but how fast I recieved it.....
Hope Tainan produces more stuff in the future:)
Ying Ching

NorthernMantis
07-23-2002, 11:39 AM
When I have the money I will order one.

Thanks for the info 108

mantis108
07-24-2002, 12:02 PM
NorthenMantis,

You're welcome. My friend. Hope you will get your copy soon.

Regards

Mantis108

Tainan Mantis
01-19-2003, 09:01 PM
I hope this old thread answers all your questions.
If you have more don't hesitate to ask.

ninjaboy
01-24-2003, 03:39 PM
sorry mantis108, i love reading your posts but i'm not always hip to the lingo and i need english translations for many things....conversations regarding technique, stances, transitional movements, hand tactics, forms etc are usually best for me if there's a rough english translation there for me to work with while i learn more chinese. i know this isn't your problem but it does lead me along an honest path to the question:

what does "lien huan" mean?

sincerely,
ninjaboy

mantis108
01-24-2003, 05:18 PM
Sorry about forgetting the English translations. :(

"Lien Huan" means continuous

"Ba Bu" means 8 steps

"Quan" means fist

So the title translates into 8 steps continuous fist.

Hope this helps. :)

Regards

Mantis108

Tainan Mantis
01-24-2003, 05:18 PM
Lien Huan means continuous.
It refers to the fact that the 8 essential methods of this form can be connected to each other and performed without end, so when you finish the 2man form it starts over etc.

18elders
01-25-2003, 02:52 PM
Saw it at Shr-fu's, alot of nice 2 person drills and apps. Very well done and well worth the money.

yu shan
01-31-2003, 10:46 PM
The form itself is not Mantis. A very nice hand form with the ling side, good to teach to beginners. The hand drills are Mantis, I question why so much is offered with such a cheap price? I spend mega bucks traveling and paying my Shrfu to learn this. Sure, you will not "get" my Shrfu`s movement & Fa-jing, so you will miss alot! This is a good video, but you are giving too-much information. Does Shrye know of this video? And has he seen the Mantis material being so cheaply sold?

carly
02-01-2003, 11:44 AM
That's a curious response!

mantis108
02-01-2003, 09:50 PM
I believe Shrfu Shr (Tainan Mantis' teacher) himself has some videos out as well. One of which has Mimen Lanjie form and applications. Speaking of wealth of knowledge on film, that's one tape is worth platinum gold. Personally, I think the market is already flooded with midocre Kung Fu tapes. Shrfu Shr and Tainan both set a welcoming standard in presenting Kung Fu with the medium. To me it's a breath of fresh air and a relief that integrity of real Kung Fu still exsits. I don't think anyone should spend their hard earn money on waterdown or make believe Kung Fu material. That wouldn't help the progress but rather stuffing the pockets of the martial arts venders. I honestly think Tainan did the right thing in making real Kung Fu accessable for all. Besides no one, who is serious about Kung Fu, would think that a tape can substitute a Kung Fu teacher in flesh and blood.

Mantis108

Tainan Mantis
02-15-2003, 09:43 PM
Mantis108,
You are correct.
Master Shr has Mimen Lanjie as well as beng bu videos.
They include complete applications of all the techniques.
Unfortuneatly they sold out some years ago and he hasn't gotten around to republishing them.
I told him about my video(he hasn't seen it) and he is interested in making new videos as well as redoing his Lanjie book.

Yushan,
You remember when you did the demo in Tainan?
Master Shr doing 2nd Zhai Yao
That had 1 man & 2 man White Ape Steals the Peach.
2 Man Six Harmony Stick.
Li Kunshan's Mei Hua Lu
Plus many other nice 1 and 2 man forms.
Including Master Shr's two shrye's.

That tape along with all the news footage from that day and the following day is about 2 hours long and sold for about 15 US$ in Taiwan.

That is being sold by one of the other kung fu brothers.

So I don't think Master Shr is very worried about secrets escaping through video.

Joe Mantis
02-15-2003, 09:58 PM
Tainan,

Was this the demo in City hall? If so I was in such a fog watching some great kung fu being performed.
If so, thanks for pointing out that ShrYe did 2nd Zhai Yao.
Who did White Ape steals peach?

Thanks

Tainan Mantis
02-16-2003, 01:47 AM
Yes, it was the demo in the city hall.
In the WASP form Shrye did you hear him give a shout. This is where the form is supposed to end, it is really very short. He added part of another form on the end for the show.

The 2 man WASP was performed by Josh and I man I only know as shrdi.
It usually takes my several years to learn the guys names(less if female).

He also has plans to open a PM school in the states someday.

mantis108
02-16-2003, 02:52 PM
Hi Tainan Mantis,

I hope that Shrfu Shr would consider republishing his videos and make more new ones. It certainly would be great news for me. :) I think the market is there now. So this is as good a time as it can be.

Warmest regards

Mantis108

Mantis_22
02-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Yu Shan,

Where did you get your information on the Bai Yuan Tou Tao (WASP) form? In fact the way we preformed it was the way it was taught to us with nothing extra added. This form was taught as the first road in the Bai Yuan Tou Tao series. The seconed road is a very short form and it is one that is more commonly seen in North America. BTW (refering to another thread) this first road does have the movement named Bai Yuan Tou Tao, just after the advancing Lu lu.
In addition, the person performing the form with me is Zheng Yo Ming and he is not technically your shi di.

Mantis_22

Tainan Mantis
02-27-2003, 12:40 AM
Oops!
My mistake.
Shfu performed second Zhai Yao not white ape steals the peach.

The next day I asked him what was that he added on the end of the form.
He said "Tou Tao"
Since there are so many "Tou Tao" forms I am not sure which one he meant.

As far as your form having the move, "White ape steals the peach" I know which move you are talking about.
I learned it diffeently, but no doubt it is the same move and I have seen others do it that way.

Zheng Yoming not my shrdi? Or was that part for Yushan?

Tainan Mantis
02-27-2003, 05:36 PM
Mantis 22,
Would you like to team up with Yaway and sell that video?
I kep getting private messages of people who want to buy it.

Mantis_22
02-27-2003, 11:00 PM
Sorry all, My eyes seem to be deceiving me. I thought the message posted by Tainan Mantis was posted by Yu Shan.
My bad!

Tainan, you mean sell the City Hall Vid?

Mantis_22

Tainan Mantis
02-28-2003, 01:41 AM
I'm getting e-mails everyday from people who want that city hall video.
My student copies tapes for a living, professional set up.
Talk to Yaway and see if he wants to go international.

Tainan Mantis
05-22-2004, 07:29 AM
Here is the old thread with video details(and all the old controversies).
Just send me an email

kevinbrazier@yahoo.com

So we can business privately.