150 W 28th Street
Suite 600
New York, NY 10001

Directions:
1,9 Trains to 28th Street
F Train to 23rd Street
1,2,3,9, B,D,F,N,Q,R and NJ PATH to 34th St. Penn Station
R to 28th Street

Classes are 2 hours long , beginning at 4pm.

Classes have been approved by the Chinese Swai Jiao Kung Fu Association.

We welcome all (beginner to experienced) to practice with us in order to enhance awarness of Bao Ting Swia Jiao.

thank you.

MaFuYee
07-12-2002, 02:22 PM
hi,

can you please give some more details?
- who is teaching?
- how much?
- how often?

PaulLin
07-12-2002, 03:09 PM
From which GM Chang's student line?

SwaiingDragon
07-13-2002, 11:48 AM
Who will be teaching: Students of Sifu James Chin, Chinese Swai Jiao Kung Fu Association.

When: As of now the class will be on Sunday's from 4-6pm
(there maybe a weekday class in the future)

Hiram
07-14-2002, 07:55 AM
Could you give us a web link to Mr. Chin's background?

GGL
07-14-2002, 04:03 PM
I can say that James Chin is one of the better Shuai Chiao Teachers of today.. he has been trained by Geng Shing Peng (sp?)and is very knowledgeable... he has attended multiple AAU nationals in Texas and is also pretty cool to talk to. So I guess anyone that he makes a teacher is pretty qualified...

latta:)

PaulLin
07-14-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by GGL
I can say that James Chin is one of the better Shuai Chiao Teachers of today.. he has been trained by Geng Shing Peng (sp?)and is very knowledgeable... he has attended multiple AAU nationals in Texas and is also pretty cool to talk to. So I guess anyone that he makes a teacher is pretty qualified...

latta:)

Zheng(or Jeng?) Xing Ping. He is one of the top student of GM Chang.

SwaiingDragon
07-14-2002, 09:15 PM
...Sifu Chin is in California, Grand Master Jeng Hsing-ping is retired.

Thank you GCL and PaulLin.

I'm always hesitant about discussing "lineage" because it always gets "'political"...

Again, everyone is welcomed to the class, regardless of experience we wish to spread (and enhance our own knowledge)of Swai Jiao.

PaulLin
07-14-2002, 09:35 PM
Is Sifu Chin in Southern California near Orange County? If you know, tell me please:)

SwaiingDragon
07-15-2002, 05:53 AM
Sifu Chin can be contacted at swaijiao@aol.com- feel free to contact him- if he's not near you, he's always good about recommending someone who might be.

PaulLin
07-15-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by SwaiingDragon
Sifu Chin can be contacted at swaijiao@aol.com- feel free to contact him- if he's not near you, he's always good about recommending someone who might be.

Thanks. I am thinking of forming a ShuaiChiao club in my university, CSULB, need to consult with some one.

count
07-15-2002, 04:09 PM
You can always talk with Jason. He spent at least 4 years with Chang. Still waiting for you to come by class anyway. There is no class for the next two weeks, or at least Jason will be in Baltimore for the Lei Tai. Come by in August. We should all be there than.

PaulLin
07-15-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by count
You can always talk with Jason. He spent at least 4 years with Chang. Still waiting for you to come by class anyway. There is no class for the next two weeks, or at least Jason will be in Baltimore for the Lei Tai. Come by in August. We should all be there than.

This week I have just off with the summer classes in my university. There is a Lei Tai tournament? Is it like traditional? I would probably have some time during August, and hope to see you guys soon:)

count
07-15-2002, 04:50 PM
There is a Lei Tai tournament? Is it like traditional? I would probably have some time during August, and hope to see you guys soon.

Depends on what you mean by traditional. The video's we watched of the Lei Tai matches in Taiwan were pretty funny for the most part. Only a few non-brawlers that showed some good skills. This one sounds pretty traditional from the rules. They have both full contact and light continious divisions. Full contact is on a 3 foot platform. Pretty much anything goes except for head butts. Knees and elbows allowed. Grappling is acceptable. Here's a link (http://www.tienshanpai.org/tienshanpai/events/index.shtml) from the sponsors of the event.

PaulLin
07-15-2002, 05:04 PM
Thanks alot count, have a nice trip. (off to Taiwan right? watch out for bug bits, they are having some serious sickness passing on lately)

count
07-15-2002, 05:12 PM
:eek: Auck, and I love the 'Bug Bits' too. Actually we plan a trip next year to China and Taiwan. I'm planning on the New York, All Bagua tournament this year so I'm not going to Baltimore either. We have a pretty large group of Baji and Bagua guys going though. They should keep things "traditional". See you soon.

SwaiingDragon
07-16-2002, 06:08 AM
Paul,

No problem- like I said, if Sifu Chin can't help he can hopefully recommend someone who can.

good luck

S.D.

SwaiingDragon
07-16-2002, 11:32 AM
There will be a Shuai Chiao Class beginning Sunday July 21st at:

Yee's Hung Ga
The Start date is now 7/28/02

Please call 917-912-2228 - should you have any questions

Yee's Hung Ga
150 W 28th Street
Suite 600
New York, NY 10001

Directions:
1,9 Trains to 28th Street
F Train to 23rd Street
1,2,3,9, B,D,F,N,Q,R and NJ PATH to 34th St. Penn Station
R to 28th Street

Classes are 2 hours long , beginning at 4pm.

Classes have been approved by the Chinese Swai Jiao Kung Fu Association.

We welcome all (beginner to experienced) to practice with us in order to enhance awarness of Bao Ting Swia Jiao.

thank you.