PDA

View Full Version : #1 mantis practitioner

flem
07-12-2002, 06:49 PM
we talk alot about historical figures when it comes to kf. surely these people were famous then as they are now. so, who's the top master now- and why?

Ye Gor
07-13-2002, 02:50 PM
I saw him once in a dream. He kicked everybody's as*. But he wore a mask and didn't say his name. :(

flem
07-13-2002, 03:23 PM
ye gor,

that could be analyzed.

no one has an opinion on this- no faith in your master, or is every master on equal footing? i guess that could be since they never fight- anyone

Ye Gor
07-13-2002, 08:11 PM
Exactly.

In the days of the Old West, 'top gun' questions were settled with duels, not target shooting.

I've heard it was the same in the Old China ('top fist' or 'top sword' or whatever).

But all I hear about stuff like that now is: 'oh, the masters are too powerful, they would injure or kill if they showcased their skills in a real fight.'

Shall we blame this, too, on lawyers?

baldmantiz
07-15-2002, 08:28 AM
whoever fights the most lawyers should be declared top master

flem
07-15-2002, 09:41 AM
ye gor,

you are right. but as history is improved, or i should say more of it is listened to, we find that many big names of the old west were guys who shot others in the back. the feared became famous, later became glorified. perhaps it was the same in china. perhaps its all a bunch of crap!
actually, i proposed a theory once, that if our world became a survival of the fitest, like post nuke or whatever, that the one's to survive, and eventually dominat would have to be the type of person who borders on insanity- the guy who could pull his own teeth with pliers or something. i think the famous of the west, the majority were that type- really mean, tough, almost crazy-

Ye Gor
07-15-2002, 10:16 AM
Yow! Torpedoed by Hollywood!
I was young... and naive... sniff... *******s... no more heroes...