PDA

View Full Version : what style of qiqong?

wild child
07-13-2002, 03:20 PM
I have the opportunity of studying 2 different styles, but not sure which will benefit me the best.

18 stances of taiji qiqong or daoyin(sp!) qigong.

any thoughts about their differences or what would be suit would be appreciated.

wild child

Confucius
07-14-2002, 09:33 PM
Taijijuans aim is to develope internal energy for combat application, health, and spiritual cultivation.

if practiced correctly and dilligently you should have no problem developing internal energy with the taijijuan methods as they were influenced by shaolin and vise versa

so you get the best of both in a way..also taijijuan was developed from the training methods of the shaolin monks, combined with wu dang techniques, the same goes for wu dang kung fu

what suits you the best is not made clear in your post..but if your looking to cultivate internal energy taijijuan is perfect for you

dezhen2001
07-15-2002, 04:00 AM
I am not sure about the DaoYin Qigong, but have heard of the 18 Taiji Qigong method :) Actually my Sigong teaches it sometimes. I know that there are a few different methods called 18 Taiji Qigong exercises, so don't know if it is the same one or not?

As far as i can see it is a very good method for developing health and flexibility/mobility of the body. In the set we have some movements are from Taijiquan movements such as 'hands like clouds' etc. but they are a bit different from taijiquan.

Sorry i can't say anything about the other one... Maybe someone else who can? :)

david

dezhen2001
07-15-2002, 04:02 AM
I just noticed you are from the UK. will you learn by any chance the Taiji Qigong from someone to do with the Tse Qigong Centre? :)

good luck,
david

wild child
07-15-2002, 04:08 AM
I want to learn just for health, and am unsure which would be the best style.

I am not learning from the tse centre, but locally to me in south London.

Repulsive Monkey
07-15-2002, 06:17 AM
Wild Child , if you are learning just for health then I would definitely say to learn the Daoyin. Daoyin will be easier to incoporate into your life and will focus explicitly on health functions of the internal organs. Of course like any internal cultivation however the quality of the teaching depends upon the lineage and capability of the teacher. If both the 2 qigongs were being done by equally respected Teachers, and health was primarily the isuue, then I would go for Daoyin all the time. Daoyin pre-dates Taiji is the essential Qigong exercises for foundational Qi development and self healing and longevity. If a more Taiji or martial direction wa being souhg tthen possibily one might wish to follow the Taiji stances classes.

Maybe try them both out intially and then decide.

dfedorko@mindspring.com
07-23-2002, 03:32 AM
I have been practicing Tai Chi Qigong 18 for a few years. Healthwise, it has helped me greatly. I had back surgery last year and the routine brought me back and I have never felt better. After you do Tai Chi Qigong 18 you will also see the martial aspect of it. Peace.