PDA

View Full Version : Why is WCK under the Wai Jia catagory?

Hendrik
07-13-2002, 11:04 PM
Why is WCK under the Wai Jia catagory?
Who make that decision?
Why everyone accepted?

anerlich
07-14-2002, 12:01 AM

Why not?

Who make that decision?

The webmasters of the site, I assume.

Why everyone accepted?

Perhaps because they think there are more pressing and worthy issues in the world than the categorisation of a forum on a website?

dre_doggX
07-14-2002, 09:11 AM
Most Wing Chun kungfu schools often stress "Internal aspects" Simple internal aspects but internal none the less, is wing Chun really all that different then Xing Yi Quan , or even Tai Chi Chuan.
I know it started out buddhist, and most even say before Yim Wing CHun, changed it , it had hard shaolin stances. but so what. do you consider Wing Chun internal , I wouldnt call it Karate, but it does have Shaolin movements

yuanfen
07-14-2002, 09:12 AM
Hendrick asks: responses in brackets.

((depends on meaning and who does the classification))

Who make that decision?

((THE decision? Not that old. Northern TCC, BQ and HI folks
put themselves in neija category...all southern systems outside of their own circle... but the terms have several quite different meanings with quite different implications..)))

Why everyone accepted?

((Not accepted- just ignored. Several years ago there were some debates between some neija list folks and some wing chun folks...
most left via the same door through which they entered. If you know what you are doing in your art- it doesnt matter what others think. But wing chun is so diverse---getting folks to agree on things even labels--its not easy. If you are self confident these labels dont matter))

planetwc
07-16-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Hendrik

Because we poor gutter Southern Nam Quan arts couldn't afford the entry fee to the Nei Jia Country club. :D

Who make that decision?

The founding members of the Neijia club. Close enough to be true.

Why everyone accepted?

Probably because:

1) They didn't care.

2) The body mechanics in terms of dan tien use was quite different.

3) The terminology and definition is sufficiently different to matter and prevent a common discussion.

4) It's just a word, it doesn't matter in your personal performance of the art.

Repulsive Monkey
07-18-2002, 08:28 AM
I feel it resides with the external arts not because it is exclusively external, its just that it isn't as internal as the three internal sister arts.

yuanfen
07-18-2002, 01:21 PM
Much depends on how terms are defined and at what level one is working in which art. On the whole labels however dont matter.
If someone feels special pride in the labels...no big deal.

anerlich
07-18-2002, 03:59 PM
Depending on the definitions used, many kung fu styles would regard themselves as at least partly internal. Wing Chun IMO is not in a special category of its own in that regard, as much as that may disappoint some.

AS yuanfen said, labels are fairly inconsequential.