PDA

View Full Version : OT: Film Quotes - following 12 monkeys

black and blue
07-15-2002, 07:16 AM
What's your favourite film quote?

For me, any from the British Classic Withnail and I... but in particular...

1) I'm sorry, we've come on holiday by accident

2) I mean to have you... even if it's burglary!

3) I am an ACTOR reduced to the status of a BUM!

4) SCABBERS!!!!

black and blue
07-15-2002, 07:53 AM
.... only I have favourite quotes. What do you guys spend your time doing... Kung Fu or sumthin?????!!!

Suntzu
07-15-2002, 07:57 AM
anything the Drill Sargent said in Full Metal Jacket…

Chang Style Novice
07-15-2002, 09:38 AM
Charley Malloy: Look, kid, I -- how much you weigh, Slick? When you weighed one hundred and sixty-eight pounds you were beautiful. You coulda been another Billy Conn, and that skunk we got you for a manager, he brought you along too fast.
Terry Malloy: It wasn't him, Charley, it was you. Remember that night in the Garden you came down to my dressing room and you said, "Kid, this ain't your night. We're going for the price on Wilson." You remember that? "This ain't your night"! My night! I coulda taken Wilson apart! So what happens? He gets the title shot outdoors on the ballpark and what do I get? A one-way ticket to Palooka-ville! You was my brother, Charley, you shoulda looked out for me a little bit. You shoulda taken care of me just a little bit so I wouldn't have to take them dives for the short-end money.
Charley Malloy: Oh I had some bets down for you. You saw some money.
Terry Malloy: You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley.

- On the Waterfront. Best dang movie about a boxer ever made. Too bad Elia Kazan didn't practice what he preached, that backstabbing piece of crap.

Qi dup
07-15-2002, 11:01 AM
"If it bleeds, we can kill it."

kungfu cowboy
07-15-2002, 12:22 PM
"Give those people air!"----Arnold Schwarzenegger, in Total Recall

TaoBoy
07-15-2002, 04:53 PM
Classic Hong Kong film lines:

"You are killing me to death"
"These bullets a so hot. Why am I so cold?"

Austin Powers:

"Allow myself to introduce....myself."
"Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Small hands. Smell like cabbage. "

African Tiger
07-15-2002, 04:59 PM
thanks for the props, but can you please call him a Drill Instructor?

To paraphrase A Few Good Men "I think he's earned it."

Choke
07-15-2002, 05:11 PM
how long could we maintain, I wondered. how long before one of us began raving and jabbering at this boy? What will he think then? This same lonely desert was the last known home of the Manson family. Would he make that grim connection when my attorney starts screaming about bats and huge manterays coming down on the car?
If so, well, we’ll just have to cut his head off and bury him somewhere. Cos it goes without saying that we can’t turn him loose. he would report us at once to some sort of outback law enforcement agency and they’ll run us down like dogs.
Gees did I just say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? did they hear me? :p

Fear and Loathing in las vegas -
based on a book by hunter s thompson.

African Tiger
07-15-2002, 05:19 PM
Fav Quotes:

"Check out the big brain on Brett!"

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?...Oh you were finished? Well then, allow me to retort!"

"I'm gonna get a couple of the brothas to go to work on homes here with a blow torch and a pair of pliers - 'you hear me hillbilly boy? I'm about to get medieval on your ass!"

------ Of course, Pulp Fiction :)

"Let the truth be told 'though the heavens fall! ------ JFK

"Terminate his command...with extreme prejudice!"
"Are you a soldier?" "Yes I'm a soldier." "You're an errand boy..."
------- Apocalypse Now

"Mrs. Robinson, are you trying to seduce me? You are, aren't you?" ------------- The Graduate

"I came here for the waters" "The waters? But we're in the desert." "Then I was misinformed..."
------------ Casablanca

"You want me....to join this?"
------------- The Pharoah Project, featuring yours truly ;)

........................ok, we stole it from "Enter the Dragon". Sheesh!

anton
07-15-2002, 06:33 PM
"There is no spoon"
-The Matrix

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fu(king big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disk players and electrical tin openers........ Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose DIY and wondering who the fu(k you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on the coach watching mind-numbing , spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in amiserable home nothing more than an embarassement to the selfish,fu(ked-up brats you spawned to replace yourself... Choose your future. Choose life.... But why would i want to do a thing like that?
I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? there are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
-Trainspotting

(FBI warning before Fight Club)
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all those who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned........
-fight club

"You are not your job.
You are not how much you have in the bank.
You are not the contents of your wallet.
You are not your fu˘king Khakis.
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of
the world."
-fight club

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."
-fight club

"How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?"
-fight club

"Then... something happened. I was lost in oblivion -- dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom."
-fight club

"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."
-fight club

"The things you own end up owning you."
-fight club

"We are defined by the choices we make."
-fight club

"I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who have ever lived -- an entire generation pumping gas and waiting tables; or they're slaves with white collars. Advertisements have them chasing cars and clothes, working jobs they hate so they can buy $hit they don't need. We are the middle children of history, with no purpose or place. We have no great war, or great depression. The great war is a spiritual war. The great depression is our lives. We were raised by television to believe that we'd be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're learning that fact. And we're very, VERY ****ed-off."
-fight club

SevenStar
07-15-2002, 06:33 PM
"I came here for two reasons: to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum...and I'm all out of bubblegum!!

anton
07-15-2002, 06:40 PM
"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock ..."
-The Third Man

wushu chik
07-15-2002, 06:42 PM
"Being a B!tch is the ONLY thing a woman has to hold onto." ~ Fried Green Tomatos

That's my theme saying!!!

~Wen~

Stone Monkey
07-15-2002, 06:56 PM
"We are unique gentlemen, in that we create ourselves. We forge our bodies in the fire of our will."

Master Han - Enter the Dragon

Qi dup
07-15-2002, 09:26 PM
"I only came here to do two things, kick some a$$ and drink some beer. Looks like we're almost outta beer." - Dazed and Confused

Braden
07-15-2002, 09:35 PM
"No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor ******* will see them soon enough."

is the best line in Fear and Loathing.

Braden
07-15-2002, 09:46 PM
Almost anything from 'Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead' is my favorite though. But I can't find an online transcript to quote. :(

SevenStar
07-15-2002, 10:48 PM
"three things I hate most are pets, annoying women and kids...how the hell did I end up on a ship with all three?"

Spike - Cowboy Bebop

TaoBoy
07-15-2002, 11:01 PM
"Oh, yeah! The Stifmeister's coming back to Grand Harbor! Deck the halls! Bye-bye, Great Falls! Wipe my @ss and lick my balls! It's Stifler time, baby! Whoo-hoo-hoo! Whoo-hoo-hoo!" -AP2

SevenStar
07-15-2002, 11:34 PM
it's like that time....at band camp...

Hai_To
07-16-2002, 07:33 AM
Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun.

Are all men from the future loud-mouthed braggarts?
Nope. Just me baby... Just me.

You found me beautiful once...
Honey, you got real ugly.

Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

Nevermind
07-16-2002, 09:40 AM
"There wouldn't be any trouble if it weren't for that king sh!t cop! All I wanted was something to eat........but the man kept pushing me."- Sylvester Stallone in First Blood

Tigerstyle
07-16-2002, 09:49 AM
Grandpa: "I'm an old man, no one listens to me."

Lisa: "I'm a young girl, no one listens to me."

Homer: "I'm a white male aged 18 to 49, everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

(Homer goes to the cabinet and takes out a can of food with a label that reads, "Nuts and Gum: Together At Last")

Felipe Bido
07-16-2002, 09:54 AM
So there, I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopkeeper and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really, but sure enough I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show.

- Del Preston, "Wayne's World"

Tigerstyle
07-16-2002, 09:55 AM
"Man, you come right out of a comic book."
-- Enter the Dragon (of course)

"We must show them Japanese Bushido is the best."
"All right then... Let's beat 'em up!"
-- Fists of Fury (aka: Chinese Connection)

"Am I the meanest?"
"SHO' NUFF!"
"Am I the prettiest?"
"SHO' NUFF!"
"Am I the baddest mo fo lowdown around this town?"
"SHO' NUFF!"
"Who am I?"
"SHO' NUFF!"
"I can't hear you."
"SHO' NUFF!"
-- The Last Dragon (The Shogun of Harlem, YEAH!)

Tigerstyle
07-16-2002, 10:02 AM
More form The Simpsons: :)

Homer (talking about holding a gun): "I felt this incredible surge of power, like God must feel when he's holding a gun."

-------------------

(a pro football QB): I used to party all night and sleep with underwear models until Ned and his bible group showed me there was much more.

Homer: Professional Athletes....always wantin' more...

Chang Style Novice
07-16-2002, 10:08 AM
Okay, I say Black Belt Jones would whip Bruce Leroy. I got five on it, actually.

Anyone taking the Last Dragon in this fight?

Tigerstyle
07-16-2002, 10:18 AM
Impossible. Leroy Green is the Last Dragon. He posseses the power of The Glow.

I would vote for Jim Kelly to win if he ever fought Taimak, however.

ewallace
07-16-2002, 10:26 AM
Not film but...

"I love it when a plan comes together" - A Team

"Son, your ego is writting checks your body can't cash" - Top Gun

From I'm Gonna Git You Sucka
----------------------------------------
May I help you, sir?
How much for a order a ribs?
Uh, two fifty.
Two fifty? How many ribs do I get with that?
Uh, 'bout five.
Five. So, I guess that's about fifty cents a rib, huh?
Yeah, 'bout.
Let me get one.
Right on. One order!
One order o' ribs!
No, no. No, no. One rib.
One rib.
I sure am hungry.
Uh, make that one rib to go.
One rib?
One rib. What else?
You got any soda?
One dollar.
Aw, come on now, look out for a brother man, come on. Hey check this out, why don't you let me get a sip for fifteen cent?
My cups cost more than fifteen cents.
Alright, **** the cup, pour it in my hand for a dime.
Look, you greasy haired, Jeri Curl... pay me and get the hell outta my store!
You got change for a hundred?

KC Elbows
07-16-2002, 10:38 AM
Wizard of Oz:

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

"What would you do with a brain if you had one?"

"Who'd of thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness? What a world! What a world!"

Star Wars:

"Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Blood of Heroes(in UK, Day of the Jugger)

"I've never hurt a soul except to put a dog skull on a stake, and I never will."

Some kung fu flick:

"Here is a stick, Master. Please beat me for my insolence."

Life of Brian:

"He says 'Blessed are the cheesemakers'."

"Wewease wodewick!"

Holy Grail:

"What also floats on water?"
"A duck!"
"Who are you who is so wise in the ways of science?"

and, of course

"You teensie wiper of other people's bottoms, I faaaart in your general direction."
"Now go away or I shall taunt you once more."

And, as said by this hot chick at the opening of a scene in that Steven Seagal movie with the samarai rasta dude:

"Screwface?"

Mr Punch
07-29-2002, 11:51 PM
I'll keep it alive myself!!!

1)'I like big, fat men like you; when you fall you make more noise, and sometimes you never get up!'

Eli Wallach in 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly'

2)'There are two kinds of men my friend, those who wear spurs and those who come in the window'... or something like that...

As above.

3)'There are two kinds of men, my friend, those with guns, and those who dig.'

Clint Eastwood in the above...

4)'If any of you **** this up I'll have you shaved, sterilised and destroyed...' (paraphrased)

Brad Pitt in jolly old 'Twelve Monkeys'.

5)The whole of 'Casablanca'!

6) Most of 'Holy Grail' and 'Life of Brian'!

and on and on and on...!

Helicopter
07-30-2002, 02:17 AM
"You're a Big man but you're out of shape and I do this for a livin" Carter (Michael Caine) in Get Carter

" I'm gonna kill ya, and then I'm gonna cook ya, and then I'm gonna eat ya!" John Maclaine (Bruce Willis) in Die Hard

The entire Spinal Tap script. Including:

"This one goes to eleven." - Nigel Tuffnel
"It's one louder." - Nigel Tuffnel
"No we've not doing fackin' Stone Henge!" - David St. Hubbins

"What's in the Flask Egg? Magic potion?"- Jack Burton
"Yup." - Egg Chen
"Good! Thought so." "What do we do with it? Drink it?"
"Yup." - EC
"Good! Thought so." - JB
Big Trouble in Little China

"You Rwebel scum!"
Return of the Muppets (er..sorry Jedi)

"...**** YOU!.. Oh Yeah! You Want some!!**** YOU!!.." Hudson (Bill Paxton) Aliens II

"The Salmon Mooousse!" - Death
The Meaning of Life

thats enough for now:)

black and blue
07-30-2002, 03:06 AM
New Age Therapist: "What would you rather have - a life full of peace, calmness and happiness; or a life full of fear?"

Homer Simpson: "What type of beer?"

Girly in The Fly: "Oh my God, you're getting worse."
Jeff Goldenbottom: "I'm... getting... better!"

(I hate American teen comedies, but the American Pie movies were something special)

Stifler: "Love your accent. Love your ding dong."

Stifler: "I got peed on!"

Kevin: Separately we are flawed and vunerable, but together we are the masters of our sexual destiny.
Jim: [imitating dubbed martial-arts dialogue] Their tiger-style kung fu is strong, but our dragon-style kung fu will defeat it!
Kevin: Guys...
Chris "Oz" Ostreicher: The Shaolin masters of East and West must unite! Fight! And find out who is number one!