PDA

View Full Version : tc and flexibility

Zantesuken
07-15-2002, 10:37 PM
doing tc and the meditation brings flexibility right? i know many people who've achieved things like the splits. i'm not sure if it's a result of the tai chi though cause they didn't really train before and weren't really flexible. so i'm wondering where it came from.

i was taught that when you do meditation (sitting and standing) you train many things as well your muscles 'listen' to you so you become more agile and flexible. can anyone support this?

Repulsive Monkey
07-16-2002, 03:32 AM
I can't support your muscle training theory on meditation becasue it is partially incorrect. There are so many forms of meditation and most of them are of the use to still and centre the mind to increase concentration. Saying that meditation also trains the muscles is a big generalisation. In fact from the the different types I have experienced I have experience none that are that physical.

As far as flexibility and Taiji are concerned, I acheived 80% of my flexibility totaly from doing Taiji, there is no doubt about it. And yes I acheived the splits from Taiji principles.

Zantesuken
07-16-2002, 01:10 PM
ooh yes yes i know that they're all for mind and chi circulation and rooting etc but when you do things like standing posture your muscles do loosen up. hmmm i remember skipping out on wushu for 2 weeks and just doing pure standing posture. one wednesday me and some friends were training and i was stretching and i somehow just sat into the splits. it was so cool haha so i'm guessing that it doesn't exactly "train" your muscle but your muscles loosen and allow for some more flexibility. as for thea ctual stretching that's for you to do.

Nexus
07-16-2002, 03:50 PM
The meditation will help the muscles relax and the training will develop a strong muscle tone. This develops small but very powerful musculature physique.