PDA

View Full Version : Breathe

Sihing73
07-16-2002, 08:24 AM
Hello,

I just wanted to drop in and encourage everyone to take a step back and breathe for a moment. While there have been no real infractions there does seem to be a little undercurrent running through the forum. Without mentioning names there seems to be an ongoing promotion of one particular approach. While most of the members have decided to act mature and take many of the postings with a grain of salt there is still a little bit of underlying negativity. Not much but a little bit ;)

I woudl encourage everyone to lay back for a moment and think things through. To our zealous friend I would suggest rethinking some of the posts made and the benefit of future additions in the same vein. Since members of this persons own lineage have suggested restraint I would like to do so as well.

I fully encourage the discussion of Wing Chun. However, hearing the same thing said over and over again tends to get old. Besides, it really is not of benefit to either this forum or the lineage or individual in question. Perhaps it is time to move on to a new approach.

Just some thoughts reflective of my own mind and no one elses.

Peace,

Dave

old jong
07-16-2002, 08:48 AM
I just took three deep breaths and a full table spoon of salt..yeech!...Awful but I feel better now!;)

red5angel
07-16-2002, 10:38 AM
From what I understand, eating salt was a popular way to commit suicide in China?!

Good idea Sihing73 ;)

Alpha Dog
07-16-2002, 03:13 PM
Dave's been spinning Dark Side of the Moon in his convolecense...

CLOUD ONE
07-16-2002, 05:44 PM
If he is as passsionate with his posts as with his practice of W.C. then more power to him.
All who does not like his approach can turn away and seek someonelse to converse and share.

But I am afraid Sihing73 all that you get in this forum is POLITICS, and what lineages do what and whose is the better.
The only way for the members of different lineages to come together is to 'come together' and train!

red5angel
07-17-2002, 06:52 AM
Cloud One, I think you hit the nail on the head. Discussion ultimatley leads nowhere, you have to go out and experience it for yourself.

yuanfen
07-17-2002, 01:42 PM
X sez:Discussion ultimatley leads nowhere, you have to go out and experience it for yourself
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corollarly- post less?

CLOUD ONE
07-18-2002, 04:14 PM
Take a deep breath:o

Now that's better isn't it.:D :D :D

How did the get together go? did you change anyones views or are they still narrow minded?