PDA

View Full Version : Thre truth about the Tito streetfight - as tole by Tito himself

SevenStar
07-16-2002, 01:04 PM
http://www.mma.tv/TUF/DisplayMessages.cfm?TID=58820&P=108&FID=1&c=1

rogue
07-17-2002, 07:11 PM
Maybe if Tito had done more pressure point fighting he would have done better.

Serpent
07-17-2002, 08:40 PM
Finally! Some proof that MMA and NHB really is the best training you can do to succeed in a streetfight! :rolleyes:

Felipe Bido
07-18-2002, 08:39 AM
It was the shoes...

Would his shoes win in a MMA/NHB tournament?

omegapoint
07-23-2002, 04:10 PM
First off, Tito is hella cool. He trains and is friends with many of my La-LA land bruhs'. He's a nice dude and not a ruffian, fo' sheezy. That being said... the first lesson of self-preservation is to be aware at all times. The NHB format gets a person into a one-on-one, controlled mayhem situation. True it is the hardest of the sparring arts, but it is still sport. I have seen very few fair street fights, so watch your back (or find a wall) if you get into one.

Another thing is that if you are a high profile tough guy who makes his living fighting on TV then expect some drama in real life sometime. Watch your back 'cause dudes will be gunning for you. They'll probably wait until you're having fun, got a little booze in you, and are not expecting drama, then "Booyakaaa!" I think that a person w/o a rep like Tito that trained in a traditional style that teaches solid street fighting principles may even have a better chance of "defending" him/herself in a street situation. Sometimes surprise can be your biggest ally!

Being attacked by multiple knuckleheads in a knucklehead habitat like a club or bar is an inevitability to me. Even if it never happens again I'm always looking for it. CYA: Cover Your Arse! Don't separate from your boy(s), so that if the shiznit hits the fan you can pair up, back-to-back. So if you frequent places where there are too many uncontrollable variables, expect chaos to reign.

The odd thing was that it was NHB guys doing the gang-arse whoop! I guess there is bad blood between some camps! Usually real tuff-guys are smart, and avoid unnecessary confrontation. How you gonna fight and make money if you're tore-up or in jail from a street squab? Stilll, it is easy to see how "wu" or in japanese "bu" without art, philosophy, science or Universal accountability in its teachings can produce cretins like the cats in Miletich's camp. Punk arse Bi t c h es!!!

SevenStar
07-24-2002, 10:40 PM
yeah, I agree. And it is odd to hear about group attacks from nhb guys....