PDA

View Full Version : Weight or Time

ewallace
07-16-2002, 02:34 PM
For those of you that lift, do you increase your weight after a certain time interval (for example, adding 10lbs every month)? Or do you only increase weight when what you are lifting becomes too easy?

Just curious.

TaoBoy
07-16-2002, 08:30 PM
In the past when I have been weight training, I have increased the weight when my strength increased. And when I wanted to push myself. But never at a given time interval.

ewallace
07-16-2002, 08:46 PM
I figure most people (including myself) do it that way. I am curious how many people increase weight after a certain period of time elapses.

IronFist
07-16-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by ewallace
I figure most people (including myself) do it that way. I am curious how many people increase weight after a certain period of time elapses.

You mean like lift the same amount of weight for a certain time and then increase it every X weeks or something?

I dunno.

IronFist

Ford Prefect
07-17-2002, 05:34 AM
It depends on what type of periodization plan I'm using.

Arhat of Fury
07-24-2002, 11:08 AM
I will usually take both of those concepts and mesh them together. When i have good days, I lift heavier then when I have bad days(of course). But, if I am lifting the same amount of weight for a time period that I think is to long(kinda like a plateu sp) I will force feed more weight by putting it on and doing as many as I can then having my spot make sure that through his help I get to my desired # of reps. It's probably not the best/healthiest way but it works for me.

BTW- what is a Hindu Squat? Can anyone explain or link me to a visual.

AOF

Kempo Guy
07-24-2002, 05:09 PM
A of F,
See the recent thread titled "Weight Lifting" by MS2006 on this forum. There's a link there for Hindu Squats posted by Iron Fist.

Arhat of Fury
07-24-2002, 05:39 PM
thanks