PDA

View Full Version : Check us out "The Blade of Legend"

Shaolin-Akira
07-16-2002, 09:39 PM
ok, me and my freinds are making a kung-fu video (its actualy good) :D

we have NO budget, a camera from 1689, and only 3 martial artists, but its ****ing amazing.

check out our new movies trailer NOW at
http://thedisk0.tripod.com/

its called "The Blade of Legend" the full movie is done, but our website manager is lazy. but it should be up in a day or two.... and its ssoooo much better than the trailer, give it a go and check us out at http://www.fistylez.8m.com/

Shaolin-Akira
07-16-2002, 09:53 PM
Also feel free to comment on the site. (im not the webmaster, tho)

I think somthings wrong with it at the moment, at least for me it isnt loading everything. well i hope you enjoy it. :o

Serpent
07-16-2002, 09:58 PM
Good effort! You really need a better camera, you need to overcrank the fight scenes a little bit and you need to change the camera angles on some of the attacks. It sucks if you watch an attack and you can see that the guy didn't make contact.

But good going. So many people talk about it, so few people actually have a go.

Oh yeah, and reshoot the shot where the dude's shirt blows in front of his face! That's too amatuer! ;)

Shaolin-Akira
07-16-2002, 10:04 PM
Yea, most of the fight sence were re-done since that trailer, one was acctualy droped alltogather... and also when we decreased the quality to put it up on our crapy ass site.... it seems a bit slower... the acctual movie is 5 times better =) i promise you

Shaolin-Akira
07-16-2002, 10:22 PM
also when the shirst flies up in his face, its b/c hes poering up to shot a "chi fire ball" and we needed wind, so we used a leaf blower..... hey we have no budget, its all passion.

guohuen
07-17-2002, 08:34 AM
That was fun and inventive! You could use a roman candle for the chi ball. Just make sure you use stop frame and move the opponent out of the way.

dezhen2001
07-17-2002, 08:49 AM
good stuff man! It's cool making movies huh :D I've done something similar for a University project... getting the camera angles right for the fights was a lot of planning... so the kick looks like a hit on the head but actually isn't... it's hard work. would love to see the final one :)

good luck!
david

Shaolin-Akira
07-17-2002, 08:21 PM
Hi all, even though I'm of Akira's name...this the webmaster and director that Akira has been talking about...

Hello there I'm Jio.

Anyways, from what you saw on the trailer...nothing like the movie. To tell you the truth, I wish we had given the story more thought as It was kinda like....made on the spot because of conflicting schedules between actors....

anyways...I've taken in what most of you said about the fight scenes, don't worry.....it's WAY better than the trailer. What you saw on the trailer are only test videos that I used to make that trailer the same day we shot them...

Even though it might not seem like it, we did take out time making and practicing the fights. Probably took about three hard days of practicing and about a week to shoot the fight scenes. Well....we are kinda under-budgeted and only using one camera....

so ugh...Akira hasn't seen it yet and we are about to watch it. Yeah. okei.

pce-

So do ma.

Jio - Team FistyleZ

Shaolin-Akira
07-18-2002, 09:52 PM
meep!
its awsome, video should be up in a couple days... keep checkin =)