PDA

View Full Version : OT: Rant/Rain Dance

ewallace
07-17-2002, 12:41 PM
Will it ever stop ****ing raining here? It's the god**** desert. We don't need anymore ****ing rain.Rain sucks. Please stop raining. I bet mother nature eats her own children. I am going to trade in our suv for a dam'n zodiak. It's bumper sticker will read "My other car is a canoe". **** rain.

Chang Style Novice
07-17-2002, 01:28 PM
Low 90s and heavy rains in July....but back in May it was dry as a bone and almost 100! That's just backwards.

You can't tell me global warming isn't fu(king up the ecosystem.

red5angel
07-17-2002, 01:37 PM
how you Texas boys doin down there? I hear it has been pretty bad with the flooding........ :(

ewallace
07-17-2002, 01:41 PM
Let's just say that if you looked at a radar for the last 3 weeks you would probably think that Texas is actually green.

norther practitioner
07-17-2002, 01:41 PM
Yeah, we're having one of the driest years ever. No snow, now no rain, some of the rivers are drying up, crazy wildfires.....Welcome to Colorado living. Seriously, its getting scary how freaking dry it is here now.

ewallace
07-17-2002, 01:47 PM
It was dry here too. We were 2 days into stage 1 water restrictions. Then some dumb ass weathergirl started whining about how bad we needed rain. The official report is somewhere around 15 inches for the month. But some areas have had over 40 inches of rain. Most of it within a 3-5 day period. You may have seen the pictures on tv. A few houses were captured just floating down the street/river.

red5angel
07-17-2002, 01:47 PM
I was in texas around october and November and I seem to remember it rained just about everyday while I was there! that was down by houston though.

DelicateSound
07-17-2002, 02:42 PM
You guys are pathetic. The Dan Ackroyd's and Peter Frampton's of the rain world.

You want to see the UK. I mean really. If it wasn't the smell of Burton-upon-Trent's brewery drifting in every morning, I'd have no reason to get out of bed.

ewallace
07-17-2002, 02:46 PM
Yeah really. Only 9 people died as a result of recent percipitation. We shall try for more.