PDA

View Full Version : Just didn't feel like reading the whole/replying to the whole pot thread.

Pawa-eri-to
07-18-2002, 01:56 AM
I just want to reply to GunnedDownAtrocitys reasonings for pot as a cancer medicine. They would never give pot to a chemo patient because it is a heavy cancer causing drug. Pot is worse then cigerettes in this regard actually. It damages your short term memory and is not at all neccesary for the body to function in a natural and healthy way. People have these testimonials as to how it hasn't changed their Kungfu, maybe, but I dont see how it would help. Adding THC to the brain will only unbalance its chemistry, how can that help your kung fu? I mean seriously? What are you people arguing about? It seems to me that people are just trying to justify their own use of a drug that they know can only do them harm or at least set them back. I personally think it should be legalized just to get rid of a large portion of what organized crime uses for funding and to save tax dollars from a totally useless war against drugs.. I also think it should be used as a medicine for those who need it thats only logical I think everyone agrees on this, it's only a plant. Hemp is also a great rope and paper fiber as you probobly all know; there are species of hemp that could be used for this that a person would have a hard time getting high off of, unless they are willing to have a really crazy headache. There are also alternatives that could be produced in a lab so people could use hemp for paper production and other applications while not worrying that that evil THC isn't oozing into the minds of farmers growing it and then the general populace (ohno.) It seems to me you people are putting alot of time and energy into a plant (in much the same way I just did typing this.) It comes down to this; if you want to smoke pot do it dont try to justify your actions here. On another note if you are going to talk about pot please try to do it while your sober...

PS
it's late so....
Sorry for any and all spelling errors
sorry about the grammer errors
sorry if I sound sarcastic or angry about anything
sorry if any of this has already been touched on.
Goodnight
Brian F. Baron

ewallace
07-18-2002, 07:32 AM
I am interested to know the source of information behind the statement "They would never give pot to a chemo patient because it is a heavy cancer causing drug". As far as I am aware this has never been proven. Am I missing something?

KC Elbows
07-18-2002, 10:17 AM
Most pot research is pretty old and flawed. Legal research on pot is impossible, because possession is a crime, scientist or no.

Even the short term memory study is questionable because of the mode it was conducted in. The only study I'm familiar with relating to pot and brain functions suggested that it caused brain damage, but the problem with THAT study is that it involved animals in a seeled chamber who breathed exclusively pot smoke for a sufficient amount of time that brain damage could be caused by oxygen deprivation, thereby making it a little questionable the methods.

Pot does counter naseau, chemo causes heavy naseau. Past that is just personal choice, IMO.

I find it ironic that we NEVER have threads like this about wine, which might be good for the heart in moderation(key word: moderation), but can be damaging to the liver, which has actually been proven.

How about a beer thread? Where's that one?

I'm ranting now.

fa_jing
07-18-2002, 12:15 PM
You must have been sleeping so I'll bump up the Beer thread to the top. I am really insulted that you missed my thread and you will only make it up to me by posting in it every day for a week. It's on the main forum and should be ttt in about five minutes.

:p

anerlich
07-18-2002, 04:11 PM
Just didn't feel like reading the whole/replying to the whole pot thread.

No offence, but that's just the sort of thing a dope smoker would say.;)

Serpent
07-18-2002, 05:19 PM
I did a study on pot smoking and it's effects on memory and I wrote down all the results. Trouble is, I can't remember where I put the piece of paper.

Maybe I smoked it....

Pawa-eri-to
07-18-2002, 05:21 PM
I personally am against using any kind of drug (except medicinally) I had always thought that pot was fairly well documented as a cancer agent... I could be wrong, but even so just because a study hasn't been performed that proves it does doesn't mean it doesn't. I personally think that it does cause short term memory loss I have known some pretty messed up people who smoked alot of pot in their youth. I could just be someone who has believed the propaganda I'm just saying putting any type of smoke into your lungs isn't good for them so I dont see why somone would bother.

yenhoi
07-19-2002, 09:47 AM
There has been lots of research done on pot.

The US pumps loads of money into French Scientific Research Programs, mainly on drug research, and birth control research.

The only proven "bad" thing about smoking pot is the smoke in your lungs! Breathing in smoke is bad, it hurts, it causes damage, it leaves residue, its bad.

I dont have links with me, but someone looking to do some reading on this type of stuff would have a good start at:

www.drdrew.com
www.420.com

do a search for the emporer of hemp.

Interestingly (from ABC's 20/20 about a year ago) there are 2 'nodes' in the human brain, that respond to only one chemical: THC.

Weird.

yenhoi
07-19-2002, 10:08 AM
What do you define as a 'drug'?

Quote:

just because a study hasn't been performed that proves it does doesn't mean it doesn't.

-

wow.

do you agree then that using a computer might be causing cancer?

TjD
07-19-2002, 11:36 PM
i think everything causes cancer now a days

cept water.... mabye

Choke
07-21-2002, 10:48 PM
The radiation from my monitor is killing me as I speak.
Hey wasn’t GDA talking about taking weed, not smoking it? I could be wrong.

Lice
07-22-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by inic
I drink wine 3x a week.... that over doing it?

Studies show that drinking a glass of wine every night is actually good for you. In particular, I believe they said it was good for the heart. If desired, I can post some links later tonight.

Spark
07-23-2002, 05:27 PM
Just to add, and I'm against pot .. but it's SMOKING pot that's bad for you, but eating it is not!!

I've done quite a bit of research around on it and really couldn't find any overwhelming proof or evidence as to it being a serious carcinogen (sp!?!) and drug for that matter. Which is frustrating because most of the people I know are total 'addicts' and I have no hardcore argument against it/them. Sucks!!! Except they look like idiots and smell like BO.

The Willow Sword
08-01-2002, 01:29 PM
Now some rastas rolling through Taos one day showed me how to make it in Tincture form (they had offered me a smoke and i told them that i couldnot due to being allergic) they were actually quite smart and said that maybe it was the smoke that affected my lungs in a negative way and that maybe i should try it in tincture form.) i took down the recipe but i never made it. NOTE: i dont smoke pot. {not anymore though, been over 12 years)
as for my views on Pot and Kung fu. asassins in the middle east used to smoke hash in order to get up the nerve top carry out thier assassinations. it would seem that THC could provide an edge in fighting as would say steroid use and other substances say PCP etc. i would imagine that the long term effects would be damaging, as in reducing hand to eye coordination, speed agility, and overall decision making skills.

MAny Respects,,The Willow Sword

fa_jing
08-01-2002, 02:10 PM
Hey so what's the recipe??????
-FJ

The Willow Sword
08-01-2002, 02:55 PM
goodness me i forgt to mention the recipe. okay here it is.

take an ounce of decent pot and soak it in triple distilled vodka (about 5 cups) ALL GLASS CONTAINERS, anyway let it saok over night. then drain into another glass container starining off the dreggs. set on a stove and let a fan blow over the glass jar. the excess alchohol will evaporate and will leave behind a 98% pure THC tincture. then i guess you put the tincture in those dropper bottles and i am told that one dropper full under the toungue is sufficient to do the trick.
NOTE: the recipe giver does not assume ANY responsability for injuries occurred because a moron decides to drink the whole freggin mixture!

Serpent
08-01-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by The Willow Sword
goodness me i forgt to mention the recipe. okay here it is.

Are you sure you don't smoke pot!? ;)

The Willow Sword
08-02-2002, 08:58 AM
LOL

fa_jing
08-02-2002, 10:55 AM
TWS - nice. ;)