PDA

View Full Version : club in southern california

cricri
08-04-2001, 10:24 AM
A friend of mine is going to southern caifornia.

Which club do you advise him to go?

Ulf_SD
08-05-2001, 07:39 PM
Southern California is an awfully big place. Larger than many states ;)

What part of So. Cal will your friend be in?

Kune
08-05-2001, 11:39 PM
This is for sandiego. I go to the techno clubs, and no I am not gay sorry. Go to club montage on friday nights. Club montage is in old town right on hancock street. This is a straight night of course. The place gets PACKED to the walls! Has two dancefloors and an awesome chill out outdoor smoking lounge with ambient hiphop playin out there. The best thing I like about this place is ALL THE FINE WOMEN!!! This place is my favorite. Another place is thursday nights at club ritchies. Thursday nights is "hedonism". Pretty awesome place. Good hard bangin techno/house. Place is a lil smaller than montage but the crowd is alot more friendlier here. Than on saturday nights is estreet alley in the gaslamp quarter of downtown, or club Ultra which is in downtown as well. Have fun ;)

Waidan
08-06-2001, 01:34 AM
Erm were you asking for dance clubs, or kung fu clubs?

cricri
08-06-2001, 04:57 PM
Hum... It seems I was not very clear.

My friend is interrested by kung fu club and he will be around Los Angeles and Orange County
:cool:

Ego_Extrodinaire
08-06-2001, 05:30 PM
Ulf_SD

Look Cricri's friend doesn';t care what club it is. As long as it is a club in California.

Maybe your friend should try Disney Land - such as the Mickey Mouse Club membership.....

Maximus Maximize!
ego_maximus@hotmail.com

Quan
08-07-2001, 09:30 AM
checkout Donald Hamby's Hung Gar school in L.A. he is an excellent teacher and his Kung Fu is top notch also check out his web site www.Quandoman.com (http://www.Quandoman.com)

Waidan
08-08-2001, 08:22 PM
Our school is worth a look on most days. It's in Costa Mesa (OC). Check out www.chiarts.com (http://www.chiarts.com) for more info.

cricri
08-11-2001, 07:59 AM
I am very surprised by some answers. It seems that some people do not accept or not understand the idea of studying several styles.

but I think that not understanding that way is a lack of respect to others styles and to people who spend time for training another style than it owns. Because that means that its style is above the others. But some answers point out that respect is not a value in martial arts for their authors. Thus I can understand their reactions.

To them I would like to ask a question :
can one go into the martial arts path without knowing others styles?

:)