PDA

View Full Version : Need Help To Give Up Smoking

SUGREF
07-18-2002, 01:50 PM
Ok, started back on the ***s during my exams in may and had my last one yesterday and am freaking out cos tried to go for a run today and nearly collapsed in a heap after five minutes; when I cycle it is like I am inhaling but nothing is going into my lungs; and as for last week when I tried to do some chi gong....!

WTF am I going to do? Is it possible to recover fully from a three month smoking binge? Please tell me it is possible.

And I fully admit that smoking is for idiots - I can personally testify to that.

But right now I am scared sh1tless and think I am going to die. And yet I still want another! **** YOU PHILLIP MORRIS!

What am I to do?

ewallace
07-18-2002, 01:55 PM
Take a look at this thread:
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14644

Anyone want to put a wager between SUGREF and GDA as to who caves first?

TaoBoy
07-18-2002, 07:04 PM
I'll take SUGREF. I think GDA's kid may be the advantage.

Dreadnaught
07-18-2002, 07:28 PM
It's very possible to recover after a three month smoking binge... your lungs started healing themselves right after your last smoke... it's hard though. I used to smoke half a pack a day, but it's been over a year and a half since my last smoke. I basically quit cold turkey and it took a whole year of trying before it stuck, but now it's as though I never smoked and I feel great.

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-19-2002, 12:08 AM
79 and 1/2 hours. kill me please.

GunnedDownAtrocity
07-19-2002, 12:09 AM
fu ck it . .. tomorrow im just gonna throw myself off a cliff.

SUGREF
07-19-2002, 01:28 AM
Ok, it is 9.21am and just had my coffee, read the paper and trying not light up a lucky. There is nobody around to give out to me: perfect opportunity!

Hey, GDA - can I borrow your kid for a while to guilt me out of smoking :p

matt
07-19-2002, 01:46 AM
i smoked for darn near 12 years i woke up one morning and said im not going to smoke any more cause life is more important after i decided that i started to view ciggarettes and people that smoke as incense burners and enjoyed the smell cause they taste like dog bleep anyway:D

friday
07-19-2002, 03:56 AM
my father started smoking when he was a young kid of around 10-12 and had been unable to quit. he successfully quit smoking for a few years then started up again. claimed it helped him think. anyway he had a stroke last year. he fell over - luckily he didn't hit his head on anything on his way down or he may not be here today.

lying there for an hour unable to speak, trying to get help when members of our family were within 10 metres away in other rooms gave him a chance to think about things.

slurred speech, poor movement on one side of his body, no feeling within his foot for wks. wondering how long it would take him to recover...

he was in hospital for a few months. he walks with a limp now too. anyway smoking does alot of damage to your body. hardens your arteries, increases the chance of this and that. the good thing of this whole incident was that it scared him enough to quit smoking. i'm not sure why anyone needs to go through something like that b4 they quit.

then again there are worse stories...

i hope u quit

SUGREF
07-20-2002, 12:52 PM
Ok Ok.....I had another cancer stick today.

I had an argument with my boss, left the office at lunch time, bought a pack, was on my second when the thought ' what the hell am I doing? ' came to my idiot head.

I think smoking is all about physical action and habit - itsead of going for a walk and calming down, I did what I was used to doing when I was stressed - have a smoke.

Is it really just mind over matter?

How come I could go into a ring with blokes twice my size and weight and have no fear (and took many a beating) yet I smoke?

Bloody hell!

Hey GDA, how are you keeping so far?

Lung Hu Pai
07-20-2002, 03:22 PM
SUGREF, like the NIKE commercial says, just do it. :mad: