PDA

View Full Version : Info Please

TargetAlex
07-19-2002, 09:51 AM
Does anybody know anything about the late Moy Yat, or one of his students, Sunny Tang?

Just curious if anyone has any experience training with them.

Lindley57
07-22-2002, 09:57 AM
Sigung Moy Yat was a truly great man who demonstrated his great power through wisdom. He was a great artist and masterful teacher. You would be hard pressed to find anyone, even amongst his early students, who trained personally with him or saw him play hands. Very few have had this opportunity. If you want to know how "good" he was, then you should try and meet Mickey Chan, Miguel Hernandez, Pete Pajil, Henry Moy, Sunny Tang, Leo Immamura, William Moy and Moy 4.

Si-Tai Bok Sunny Tang (Dun Wah) is from the early days in Hong Kong. He has a book out about Bil Je which gives his bio. From what I have seen of his students, they seem very good.

Good luck with your Kung Fu

yuanfen
07-22-2002, 01:23 PM
I am not from the Moy Yat line but I have a lot of respect for those who really learned from him. He helped the spread of wing chun not only in the US but in UK (Greco Wong at one time), Canada(Tang), Brazil(Imamura) and Argentina(Di Renzo).
Its a pity that one group of his exstudents are now peddling something as more advanced than Moy Yat's wing chun (for extra fees of coiurse).

yuanfen
07-22-2002, 01:24 PM
I am not from the Moy Yat line but I have a lot of respect for those who really learned from him. He helped the spread of wing chun not only in the US but in UK (Greco Wong at one time), Canada(Tang), Brazil(Imamura) and Argentina(Di Renzo).
Its a pity that one group of his exstudents are now peddling something as more advanced than Moy Yat's wing chun (for extra fees of coiurse).