PDA

View Full Version : Gene Ching!!!!help me out.

dre_doggX
07-19-2002, 11:45 AM
I wanna know about investing( buying a stock or something like that) in Kungfumagazine or any other Martial art magazine. But I like this one. Its past articles are better then its present in my opinon but hopefully stuff will pick in the whole. Any stock qoutes and what not. Anyway do they have a broker or someone who can talk to me email me at
dre_doggx@blackplanet.com thanks.

dre_doggX
07-21-2002, 09:49 AM
HIt me back

SevenStar
07-21-2002, 10:08 AM
As far as I know, the only martial arts related entity that's traded on the stock market is "master" glazier's studios. And last I checked, it wasn't worth much.

dre_doggX
07-21-2002, 06:53 PM
thanks

GeneChing
07-22-2002, 09:39 AM
I didn't even know that one was traded on the stock market. Martial arts is not that big an entity to have stock for our trade magazines. But there are other ways to support and invest, more grass roots stuff. Thanks for the kind thought at least!

SevenStar
07-22-2002, 10:32 AM
mark glazier was in an issue of inside karate back in like 98(yeah, I subscribed to it before I found out about kung fu/qi gong :) ) and the author mentioned that his chain of schools was being traded. his symbol is KICK - actually, KICK.PK now. since this thread was raised, I decided to go check his stock - it's at about .03

MonkeySlap Too
07-22-2002, 10:52 AM
Mark Glazier or Tiger Schullman was written up in Forbes around the time I had a public school. It prompted a wealthy businessman to come in and talk to me about turning my school into a chain of schools.

Being am honest soul, I ran him through the problems associated with creating a franchise out of martial arts - fraud, poor quality control, relying on underpaid staff or prostituting yourself and lieing to the public. I told him I honestly beleived I could create a successful gym model with martial arts included, but that the margins were not big enough to share in an 'angel' investor model.

Looking back, this was right before Billy Blanks hit it big, and my theory was to create a gym built on exercises rather than machines - yoga, cma, kickboxing.

Am I a dumb@ss or what?

GeneChing
07-23-2002, 09:39 AM
monkey slap too: I'm amazed those guys made it to Forbes. Anyone have a copy of that article?

And you r not dumb, just poor like the rest of us. ;)