PDA

View Full Version : virtual fighter3(the shaolin monk guy)

The Willow Sword
07-21-2002, 08:44 AM
i just played this game at Dave and Busters for the first time in austin texas where i live. what a cool fighter he is. i like the moves, very hsing i like. as for the other characters in the game, lion rafael is always a treat as well as shun di the drunken master. any comments on this game?????

jun_erh
07-21-2002, 09:00 AM
I'm very into it. and i think it's vf4 with the shaolin guy. I played the hell out of that character, but now I play mostly Pai Chan. I think it's better for the higher levels. I also like Shun Di, though the earlier version in vf3 was better than the new one I think. The other chinese girl character which is alot of throws is very cool. there's crazy stuff at the website for it if you want to get full on into the whole thing. I'm trying to get the reversals but the timing is very hard. I've won maybe 3 or 4 times on the new version. going against another person is better though, unless it's one of those guys who just punch as fast as they can. I hate that ****

The Willow Sword
07-22-2002, 10:57 AM
i have been playing dead or alive 3 on the Xbox and i like the exchanges there. there is a hsing i guy that is hard to master .but if you do he is unstopable.

NomortaL
07-28-2002, 05:06 PM
i love Dead or Alive 3 and Tekken, but I dont like virtua fighter4 that much at all. The movement feels so slow, like im fighting in mud

straight blast
08-11-2002, 09:44 PM
I had that same problem too. I ran the game through my TV in pal mode at 50Hz and it was really slow. Then I ran it through again only this time through my video and changed the screen mode to NTSC at 60Hz. Wallah! Lightning fast again. Easily as fast as DOA3.

I think VF4 is the best fighting game I have ever had the pleasure of playing. I play Lion Rafale and my brother in law plays as the Shaolin monk. It makes for good competition! I play every fighting game I can get my hands on and I think VF4 has the best game mechanics and overall feel of any of them. Second best? Dead or Alive 3.

I am SOOOO glad that VF4 is on PS2! :D

Chang Style Novice
08-12-2002, 05:28 AM
As a quarter eater, I liked Aoi. Sure, she's doing a japanese art, but it's all na and shuai so I dig it a lot. But now the arcades near my place have taken vf4 out on account of low revenue, and if I got a game box for my house I'd never get anything done, so it looks like I'm out of luck.

I liked the mma gal, too, especially her move where she does a foot in stomach throw and then segues immediately into an armbar.

swordsoul
08-13-2002, 08:16 PM
I like VF4, i just bought it a few weeks ago. I think it's a little TOO realistic, though! Tekken is fun too, but it's a bit more mobile (i fancy myself a fighting game geek!) so the play is more fun. DOA has a cool reversal system, and it gets crazy so it's more fun. I Love the Street fighters, i'm a fireball junkie. VF has always been clunky... I'll tell ya a game that everyone should play though: SoulCalibur. (no I'm not so big a fan that i named myself after it, my name is cuz i'm a fencer) SoulCalibur has just as realistic moves as Tekken, except it's faster and all the character's use weapons.

Coming back to VF4. Pai is the easiest to win with in my opinion because she is so fast. Lion is fun to play with too, but every english word spoken in that game gives me goosebumps because it is so corny!!!!! So i try to play the Non-english speaking characters! !! every character has real neat stuff but it's so fast that you have to be VERY good to do any of the neat reversals and things.

just my two cents!

KungFuGuy!
08-14-2002, 02:54 AM
Ah, the VF series. IMO the best fighting games ever. My favourite character has always been Kage.
Funny MA related story, actually. A long time ago when I still trained in TKD (being about 13 years old), VF2 had just come out, and my TKD dojo had a big VF2 tournament. I rose the ranks and ended up in the finals, only to be facing a very competent Pai player, my sensei! It was a vicious battle, but it came down to an excellent counter/combo by my sensei. I was happy to recieve second place, especially since I was awarded the first place prize as the sensei himself had no use for it. It was a new uniform (the place had lots of different kinds of uniforms, only about 5-10 people per 30 person class looked the same). Which uniform did I select? Well, the blue one that resembled Kage's, of course :D
I find VF4 a little too easy, though. When I first played it at the arcade, I was able to complete the game with 1 credit. I usually go down to arcade fighting games at the 2nd/3rd fighter, so I'm no master.