PDA

View Full Version : Bagua in 7 days DIY

northstar
07-22-2002, 07:42 AM
Have you seen this? Hopefully ironic, still has some nice palm change illustrations... http://cstang.www3.50megs.com/ba_diy.html

TaoBoxer
07-22-2002, 08:24 AM
No wonder I suck........ I have been doing it too long.......

Waidan
07-23-2002, 03:14 PM
Well if you haven't gotten it in a week, you might as well pack it in.

TaoBoxer
07-23-2002, 05:05 PM
In the words of the great philosopher Homer (simpson)

"Kids....if you're not good at somthing right away....Quit."

Scarletmantis
07-24-2002, 05:58 PM
Wow! It's nice to see some of the great masters from China so willing to share thier arts. Someone should've let this person know it takes at least eight days to learn Ba Gua... NOT seven! :rolleyes:

Rockwood
07-25-2002, 10:12 AM
CS Tang is a disciple of the Gao Yi Sheng Bagua lineage. His teacher was a classmate of Zhang Jun Feng under Gao Yi Sheng. I have never met him but his articles in Pa Kua Chang Journal attest to his authenticity and the legitimacy of his training philosophy.

As far as his 7 day DIY, I have a feeling that its a bit tongue in cheek. There is some truth to the statement that Bagua practice should be easy, free and simple, not overly complicated with intellectual jargon.

CS Tang has put in more years of training than many of us have been alive. Be careful in your criticism. And if you are feeling superior, why not send him an e-mail as he suggests on his site? I am sure he would be happy to explain things in a way you could understand.

-Jess O'Brien

Waidan
07-25-2002, 04:20 PM
Rockwood is not bringing the funny.

I don't think any of the above statements were intended as a challenge to the instructor's legitimacy, but rather as (not terribly tongue-in-cheek) jokes about the title of the video.

btw, i agree: 8 days would be more appropriate. ;)

TaoBoxer
07-25-2002, 05:43 PM
Since when is anything in china 7?? I can't believe I missed that....

Gawd I truly suck. I'm going back to Shotokahn...........