PDA

View Full Version : Who are these Guys they say there Wing Chun was infiltraded by Loonies

FIRE HAWK
07-23-2002, 06:46 AM
And they say they come from Leung Jans sons Lineage Leung Cheun or Leung Chun ?
http://www.spin.net.au/~daver/kungfu/index.html
http://www.spin.net.au/~daver/kungfu/tree.html

vingtsunstudent
07-23-2002, 07:11 AM
i think if you more than 2 seconds to read they are saying that the australian kung fu federation has been infiltrated by loonies not their wing chun.
if i read it correctly and it is who i am thinking of, they are quite good actually. also if i'm not mistaken one of the guys i have met who practices this is actually a forum member.
hello to my friend, he knows who i mean. i have seen you on here browsing but haven't seen you post in a while, how are things?
vts

red5angel
07-23-2002, 07:48 AM
If you ask me MOST wingchun has been infiltrated by loonies ;)

black and blue
07-23-2002, 08:08 AM
... loonies Canadian money? Not that I want to start another dissin Canada thread.

But as I've just said in the Carlito's Way Quiz thread... a licky bum bum down!

Grendel
07-23-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
If you ask me MOST wingchun has been infiltrated by loonies ;)
Can I get an Amen? :)

Alpha Dog
07-25-2002, 02:37 PM
Why aren't you overseas saving the world like all good Americans allegedly are? Or did someone ask? Did you tell?

anerlich
07-25-2002, 03:53 PM
The Federation of Australian Kung Fu and WuShu Organisations and its offshoot, the Martial Arts Industry Association, are not overly popular in this country. My organisation is not a member of either.

However, I do know some people who belong, including one state chief rep, who IMHO are of excellent character and fine representatives of their arts.

This is an organisation with voluntary office bearers. In a field in which ego and strange obsession is far too rife, one must expect a great deal of friction, name calling, etc. in which too often the power and control hungry battle for the illusion of supremacy.

However, much of the criticism comes from disgruntled members who want the benefits of membership without the obligations, or who get upset when their own view of their seniority or status within the organisation differs from that of their fellow members.

Of particular distaste to me are those who in the past have *****ed about the organisation on public forums but continued to remain members. Integrity means action, not words.

At least these Futshan guys had the integrity to leave, rather than stay and complain without doing anything constructive..