PDA

View Full Version : The Search for Kungfu

red5angel
07-25-2002, 07:53 AM
How many people are out there right now honestly searching for real WING CHUN? How many of you are out there not only looking at different instructors, different schools or ways of doing things, but also looking at what you are learning currently? How does it stack up locally, or across the globe?
Do you take what your instructor is giving you, mull it over, think about it and experiment with it or is that taboo? Do you unquestioningly follow what your instructor tells you to do? Is your instructor still learning? Is he also searching for good WING CHUN? Is he looking to improve and in improving look to lead his students along the path of improvement? If they have stopped, why? do they "know" the entire system and now can honestly say they have mastered it? Growth in and the search for good kungfu is a path that leads down a lifetime.
Money and time are usually the two biggest excuses for not pursuing WING CHUN. Not enough money or not feeling like you are spending it wisely. the time to me is the most important thing, I dont mind spending money on a seminar here or there, or paying a drop in fee to check out another school or an instructor. Now I pay plenty to travel to train but its worth it. time to me is the most important thing. I work a good job and make enough money to be happy, and every two weeks I still get my paycheck so its always coming in. But time is a one way path. If you are on the path to searching for good kungfu but you feel you are wasting your time where you are at, why not get out and look around a little? Or even better, alot!
Alot of people have a few freinds on this forum and off of it in te Wing Chun world, use it as an excuse to get out and see what other people are doing. use seminar invitations and class invitations to check it out!

reneritchie
07-25-2002, 08:33 AM
LOL! More onanistic questions better asked of yourself than others. Dude, ever hear the one about not throwing stones in glass houses?

And stop trolling.

RR

red5angel
07-25-2002, 08:40 AM
Yep, I have way too many glass houses in here and way too many people throwing stones. Its true Renee you, and a few others may be quite comfortable with where you are at, sounds like you personally have been doing it for a long time and have done some research. A few others as well, unfortunately that is not the rule however, most people settle for the first thing that comes along, or the closest most convenient thing around. If you are going to do something put effort and time into it, even as a hobby, why waste your time doing something that is leading nowhere if there is something better out there?
Lets take you as an example Renee, you are fond of what it is you do right? You have done a lot of research, poked around and come to the conclusion you are doing what you want to do right? Can you honestly say that most of the people you have met have done the same?

Spectre
07-25-2002, 09:04 AM
...I'm searching for decent posts inbetween your commercials.

Kevin

red5angel
07-25-2002, 09:25 AM
These replies crack me up. Regardless of who I am or what my "ulterior" motives are supposed to be, the points are still valid and still good.
Instead of calling me troll, or smack talking maybe you should be asking yourself why it bothers you that I post what I post? I hear all the time, "it such a waste" or "its like being attracted to an accident" but I think for some it might be something else. Maybe I am hitting sore points with some of you? Maybe deep down you know you havent done the footwork to find out what is as what isnt good? Maybe instead of sucking it up and admitting I could be right, you have to attack instead, its supposed to be a good defensive mechanism.

Maybe you have searched and found that most o fit is pretty much the same? It all looks similar so it must all pretty much be the same thing? I say if 99% is similar there is still 1% out there that is different and possibly much much better then the 99%. Its why I am studying what I am studying and who I am studying with.

red5angel
07-25-2002, 09:40 AM
Why the hell was this moved to popular culture and media?!

@PLUGO
07-25-2002, 12:28 PM
well, overall things are pretty loose in this neighborhood... But now that this thred's here is it relevant?

tiger_1
07-26-2002, 11:41 AM
my friends im see here one good theme and fine topic , im like to say realy im hope for big discusion and we can see how many spirit of kung fu have in wing chun forum iffff here have spirit of kung fu in wingchungers in forum - friendly tiger_1:) ( kung fu cant learn just can have inside wingchunger and can be kung fu )