PDA

View Full Version : Who the heck is moving the threads?

red5angel
07-25-2002, 10:14 AM
???????

Sihing73
07-25-2002, 12:05 PM
Hello red,

I have replied to you via PM. Basically I will state here for everyones benefit.

While I believe that you have a great love for Wing Chun I think that many of your posts and topics are repetitive and seem to be geared towards pointing out how you have found the best way, for you at least. While there is nothing wrong with spurring discussion nor with seeking the best way, the continuous repetivie posting of essentially the same message can get a bit tiresome after a while. Since several people have taken the liberty of trying to point you in another direction I figured why keep subjecting everyone else to the same sermon over and over again. The thread was moved to another forum, a redirection was left here and if you wish to continue that discussion please feel free to do so over there. ;)

There seems little point in keeping this type of dialogue going on the Wing Chun Forum. I barely have time enough to train let alone sift through the many numerous postings which amount to basically slight variations on the same message. I wonder, if one devoted a fraction of the time it took to post so frequently to actual training just how good ones Wing Chun could become. Even if it was not the "best" available.

Peace,

Dave

red5angel
07-25-2002, 12:30 PM
"One" devotes 3-5 hours a day on training thank you very much and has a feeling "One" devotes much more time to training then "Most", but while "One" is at work "One" has much downtime and so "One" has used the time to post here.
When "One" post multiple threads with similar subjects it is because generaly "Ones" threads are hijacked by those who do not take the time to read it but note the poster as "One" and decide to have a little fun or complain.
On subjects for which "One" has got significant dialogue on, "One" tends to drop the subject, atleast until a much later date.
while "Ones" subject matter may not contain much variation, "Ones" posting is always as respectful as possible and "One" invites those who do not wish to read it to use the ignore feature or to use the ignore feature in thier head.
Dave, while generally I support your decisions and have on many occasion curbed behaviours not supportive of a desired atmosphere here in the forum, I hardly if ever participate in useless smack talk, name calling, cultural slander, etc.. My post are never directly insulting, meaning if you read it as insulting then the problem lies with you and not me and as free willed beings we have the choice on what we read, respond to and interact with. If I were causing problems directly, harassing people, hijacking threads etc then I would understand the action you have taken but in my opinion it is uncalled ofr. while you may get "tired" or "bored" with reading it, some may not.
As for slight variations on a theme, we talk about wingchun here, and it is a limited subject although the art itself has limitless depth. If anything else my post seem to stir up more response then most other post and so keep the forum busy and people visiting, even if it is just to see "Ones" way of monotonous posting etc....
While your position recquires a little bit of impromptu decision making, I think it more apropriate to approach someone on the subject or issue then to utilize your formidable power on this forum to do what you 'feel' you want to do.

Sihing73
07-25-2002, 12:42 PM
Hello Red,

While you are entitled to your point of view you must also realize that others are just as entitled to theirs. Several people have come to you and remarked on your particular approach. While I do not want to fault you nor to discourage you in any way, little chance of that right :p , there is really no need to keep subjecting everyone else here to the same message over and over again.

Peace,

Dave

red5angel
07-25-2002, 02:36 PM
Dave, I see what you are saying but understand this. Between all of the heckling and such, I get some good responses but rarely get to follow through because of hijacking. It doesnt bother me except that I am going to continue to post on something if it hasnt been talked about like it appeared it was going to.
I would never fault anyone for their point of view, look at my threads they are swamped with points of view!
As for several people remarking thats fine, the difference is that sometimes we put on a social face that makes us look good and get along with all the other kids in the playpen. I dont mind getting along, but at the same time I like to say how I feel and invite others to say how they feel. I have learned to ignore those who dont want to reply amicably, its of no concern of mine and shows they are more interested in internet controversy and prattle then discussion. Those people are not my concern. I have to clean my pm out on a pretty regular basis because of replies to some threads, most o fthem atleastinterested in hearing a more thorough point of view or discussing something else. If you want, I would be more then happy to email you some of those emails, names excluded, so that you can see that to me, discussing these things, rehashed or not, make it worth it to me to continue to post periodically. Lets face it, this forum is rehashed and recycled every so often, there are many favorite subjects and they come up all the time.

Alpha Dog
07-25-2002, 05:34 PM
It's rare to see two likenesses quarrelling so...

cha kuen
07-25-2002, 05:45 PM
I agree with sihingdave.

anerlich
07-25-2002, 08:17 PM
Sihing73 and chakuen are correct.

red5angel is incorrect.

Unfortunately, S73, well intentioned advice to red5angel about reducing the volume and frequency of his posts has always had the opposite effect to that intended, this thread being evidence of that. You've moved the thread, but he put it back up, complained about it on a second thread and argued with you, the moderator, and continued to post on the original thread. It's like the crown of thorns starfish, every time you kill one two more appear.

Interesting that red seems to regard any disagreement with his pompous proclamations as "hijacking the thread."

BTW, shouldn't "heck" be censored if "d a m n" is?

reneritchie
07-26-2002, 05:56 AM
anerlich is correct.

But I think heck is to he!! what darn is to d@mn. Or some fricken thing like that.

RR

red5angel
07-26-2002, 08:03 AM
No anerlich its not as interesting as you might find it. hijacking involves a complete switch of subjects, for instance from wieghtedness to canadians......

Slo Mo
07-26-2002, 03:13 PM
Reneritchie is correct,

Funny thing is fuk isn't f u c k as heck is to he!!. Especially on a WC forum, even though some people use it that way.

BTW, I agree with Sihing 73. The thread that was the repetetive garble that Red5 has posted on his numerous other threads, in fact I think it was a compilation of them...nothing new or thought provoking

Red5 wrote:
>>My post are never directly insulting, meaning if you read it as insulting then the problem lies with you and not me and as free willed beings we have the choice on what we read, respond to and interact with<<

That's the bull$hit that ****es everyone off. Your little "I'm not insulting you but if your insulted your part of the "bad" WCer's." You know it does and that's why you post it...to blow up your ego
:rolleyes:

reneritchie
07-26-2002, 04:06 PM
Slo Mo is correct.

Red5Angle is correct that people are free willed beings and can choose what to read, but is incorrect in that KFO is free willed company and can choose (through staff, including mods) what it will and will not publish. Freedom of speech is not freedom of publication. You can't force the New York Times to publish your article, or NBC to carry your speech, nor KFO to host your spam.

RR

yuanfen
07-26-2002, 05:48 PM
red pollution overload alert!

anerlich
07-27-2002, 09:52 PM
No anerlich its not as interesting as you might find it

Well, "interesting" is a matter of taste, as indeed are other things.

For example, you seem to regard your posts as of vital importance, a finger in the dyke (sp?, and don't take that the wrong way) against the world being flooded with bad Wing Chun, whereas I regard them as derivative, uninformed advertorials from someone who isn't experienced enough to know he isn't experienced enough to pontificate on such subjects.

Opinions vary. I wonder how many agree with yours, and with mine?

S.Teebas
07-28-2002, 03:13 AM
Reneritchie is correct

Slo Mo is correct

Anerlich is correct

Sihing73 and chakuen are also correct.

:cool: :cool: