PDA

View Full Version : Question for wingchunalex

Geezer
07-25-2002, 12:11 PM
Are you Dai Sihing at your school and what's the average size of your class(how many students).?

Also was your Sifu a Todi along side Chris Minor.?

wingchunalex
07-26-2002, 10:36 PM
I don't know all the relational terms (kung fu uncle, teacher's teacher, fellow student, etc) at my school we only use sifu because it only means teacher, not master or whatever. and we consider all our fellow students brothers and sisters, all equal. not to sound like im on my soap box, i was just explaining why i don't know the chinese terms, it just isn't an issue at my school. I've never heard sifu ron bey mention that guy. Sifu bey learned from Dr. Wu around columbus, thats about all I can tell you.

wingchunalex
07-26-2002, 10:40 PM
I am a assistant instructor at my school, and we average about 5-10 people per class depending on the day and people's scheduels. we have a enrolment of about 20. why do you want to know, just wondering :)?

Geezer
07-29-2002, 08:59 AM
What's your reason for learning Kung Fu,Philisophy, Combat, Self Defense or something else.?

wingchunalex
07-29-2002, 12:10 PM
I study kung fu because first of all I enjoy it. I don't really know how do describe it. Why does a dancer want to dance. I enjoy the challenge of it and how it is endless, I can do it for my whole life. I first studdied wing chun because it was bruce lee's origingal style, but then after I got into it i found it was a art that was fun to do and it also worked well in application. So now I study wing chun because its simple yet never ending. Its like I get taken through cycles of learning, everything relates to everything else and so the more I learn the more there is to learn, and that is exciting and challenging to me. Kung fu is also a path toward personal development for me. And so philosophy leads me to kung fu and kung fu leads me to philosophy. The greatest reason for doing the martial arts is the personal development that results from good training. You become a better human being. And that is important to me. I don't want to stay in my personal level of ignorance, impatience, and intollerance. I didn't get into the martial arts for self defence, but I see how it is the foundation of martial arts now and that it is important.

Geezer
07-29-2002, 12:49 PM
Why is it,nearly everytime you post you're putting them down or someone from the Yip Man family.?
Don't you think you need to spend more time on training,rather than moaning about other PEOPLES SCHOOLS .?:)

Jeff Preston
07-31-2002, 11:07 PM
Hey, Alex
When did you become a Wing Chun expert. I think there is a kids site mighty mights Wing Chun. How many other people or other Martial Arts Schools have you trained at? Have you used your skills outside the class you take? I think you step on some feet and you will have a hard time living it down.

Rolling_Hand
08-02-2002, 08:17 AM
Alex likes to ask alot of questions about other people.

But Alex doesn't like to answer them, wonder why?

Geezer
08-02-2002, 08:29 AM
But Alex doesn't like to answer them, wonder why?
If the answer isn't text book I don't think he knows how to,IMHO.?

black and blue
08-02-2002, 08:48 AM
"You don't like it when I say blah blah blah."

This thread is dribble. Ding Dong pulling all the way.

anerlich
08-02-2002, 08:56 PM
The greatest reason for doing the martial arts is the personal development that results from good training. You become a better human being.

MA training ain't enough to become a better human being, bucko.

B&B is correct about this thread. The originator only asked all those questions looking for an excuse to attack. When WCA didn't bite, he just came right out and spewed it.

WCA ain't the only one who needs to spend more time on training, rather than ...

Train
08-03-2002, 10:32 AM
Anerlich,

Well, you can't blame Geezer for saying what he said becuase if you read the "i want to know everything about HFY" thread you would see why. I'm not trying to be on anybody's side or anything, but when you read what WCA said about the VTM and HFY, you will understand. Cya

anerlich
08-03-2002, 03:10 PM
Train, I read that thread earlier, posted on it (didn't notice, huh?), and I stand by what I said here. This thread is DUMB.

wingchunalex
08-03-2002, 03:22 PM
I'm only criticizing meng. and I criticized boztep and cheung. but boztep and cheung are criticized by a lot of people. there are a lot of yip man people I respect. for instance augustine fong, wong shun leung, etc. and what questions have I not aswered.

Rolling_Hand
08-03-2002, 04:15 PM
Alex - You are a little slow!

Have you ever considered of taking up some Tai Chi lessons?

wingchunalex
08-03-2002, 05:08 PM
sorry, i guess i am a little slow. and I do take tai chi. lol

yuanfen
08-04-2002, 01:29 AM
Agree with Anerlich- this is an agenda based dumb thread

Geezer
08-04-2002, 11:25 AM
I'm only criticizing meng. and I criticized boztep and cheung.
I don't think you've got a very good memory,do you.?

but boztep and cheung are criticized by a lot of people.
So now you're following the rest of the pack.?

yip chun is just trying to make it seem like every wing chun person to be valid has to come through his "lineage" to have the "real" wing chun knives. if only a select few know the knives, then why do all the "masters" of wing chun out there know them, and all of them be relitively them same form. come on, get real, its just a ploy to make yip chun the "big shot" of the wing chun world by birth right for crying out loud.
Do you remember that post wingchunnalex?,what makes your style of Kung Fu so superior that you feel you can go and criticize everyone elses.?

Be careful how you answer this one,no pun intended.

Maybe you should go back and read over your past posts.?

anerlich
08-04-2002, 03:17 PM
You don't have to follow this if you don't want to.!
No, but it's a public forum, so if I want to comment on the intelligence or lack thereof of the thread or posts thereon I can!

If you don't want your intelligence critiqued don't make unintelligent posts!

wingchunalex
08-04-2002, 04:57 PM
yep, i forgot about that. yip chun said that at a siminar in new york, that only a few buisness men learned the knives from yip man. I think that is crap. and its also really low to make such a satement. and that is from a while ago, I was just thinking recently, like in the last couple months. I try not to be negative often, but when I need to be I'm not going to hold back. I remind you that most of the things I post are of a positive nature, only recently have I felt the need to be negative.

wingchunalex
08-04-2002, 05:12 PM
I don't normally criticize yip man style wing chun. its fine and good in my oppinion. I do criticize some of its exponents some times for certain things they say or actions they take. but most of the time I am pretty friendly toward yip man people, so I don't see how one can say that in almost all of my posts I criticize yip man lineage people. recently I've even been showing my support for wong shun leung and augustine fong for example.

wingchunalex
08-04-2002, 05:18 PM
its not my kung fu that is supperior. I just don't buy into politics, lineage, and all the talk about wing chun theory.

Rolling_Hand
08-04-2002, 07:00 PM
Getting a little tired of the clouds in my coffee, so show me what you are made of... When you get past the fangs there's lots of warm fuzzy....

Geezer
08-05-2002, 05:53 AM
But some of us don't go out of our way to express it.
wingchunalex you talk about being a great MA and following that humble path but all you seem to do is give your views on other schools.

so what? do you want me to tell you my full opinion of mengs hung fa yi? do you want me to tell you exactly were I stand toward yip man lineage people?

Or how about I give you my opinion on *your* school when I paid a visit.?

You seem to have a very big soap box for such a short guy.!:)

yuanfen
08-05-2002, 06:59 AM
Between the knee jerk defensiveness of the museum people and Alex's limited knowledge, this thread keeps sinking lower and lower and lower.

Geezer
08-05-2002, 07:13 AM
I'm not connected to the musuem,I'm just someone that's been to the VTM and Bey's Martial Arts.:D

black and blue
08-05-2002, 07:16 AM
"I not connected"

Never was a truer word spoken.

Geezer
08-05-2002, 07:24 AM
Thank you for pointing out my mistake,I'm glad you're following the thread so closely.;)

black and blue
08-05-2002, 07:29 AM
... that wasn't quite what I meant. This thread is dumb-@rse. Connected it isn't. Annoying to see it keep popping up at the front of the list!!!!

No one else post... let this be the last.

Fin

Geezer
08-05-2002, 07:39 AM
Seeing as your pointing out my mistakes,I thought I'd return the favour.:D

This thread is dumb-@rse.

I think it should be,this is a dumb-@rse thread.:D

black and blue
08-05-2002, 07:50 AM
That which is... you see, it's not too hard to understand. :rolleyes:

Rolling_Hand
08-05-2002, 11:51 AM
Black and Blue,

If the girl is not attractive, then why are you ringing her door bell?

Sui
08-05-2002, 11:59 AM
why indeed r-t.lol powers of mystery revealed.hahahaha

Rolling_Hand
08-05-2002, 12:00 PM
---What are you getting at rolling hand? clouds? coffee? Like I said before, I am a little slow. lol fangs? warm and fuzzy? the only line in your post that I get is "show me what you're made of". so what?---Alex

***Paradoxically, being in the dark leads to find your way, on the other words, to know yourself.

---do you want me to tell you my full opinion of mengs hung fa yi? do you want me to tell you exactly were I stand toward yip man lineage people? or do you want to sparr? or what? I don't follow your clouds and coffee talk, sorrry.---Alex

***You are a little slow and have a long way to go. Meanwhile, don't drink too much starbuck coffee, try some pokeman tea!!!

Sui
08-05-2002, 12:43 PM
what not even a hello?jeez your arrogance has the better of! i wonder if you know that,about yourself?the rolling hand[just one:D ]how real is your deal???

Rolling_Hand
08-05-2002, 01:37 PM
Do I know you?

wingchunalex
08-05-2002, 03:52 PM
Go ahead and tell me exactly what you thought of my school. I deserve what I get, I did that to the VTM. I don't claim to be a great martial artist, but, I do have my soap box. That reply I wrote that you quoted from was directed toward rolling hand. I truely didn't know what he wanted with all that talk about starbucks coffee and stuff. Thats why I said the stuff that you quoted me asking. I wasn't planing on going on and on about those things but I thought they might be what rolling hand wanted to know about so I asked. So that was for rolling hand to make something of. So what do you want from me now? and again, go ahead and tell me exactly what you thought of my school, Im a big boy I can take it. Oh, and good observation that I am short. lol.

Rolling_Hand
08-05-2002, 05:49 PM
Go ahead and tell me exactly what you thought of my school. I deserve what I get --Alex

<Donut>...that's what you get, enjoy it!!!

black and blue
08-06-2002, 01:53 AM
"Black and Blue, If the girl is not attractive, then why are you ringing her door bell?"

Said ugly girl is ringing 'my' bell (in an "at the door" sense). Stupid post keeps popping up (D@mn, I've just put it back up to the top).

And like a friend of mine once said: "She's rank, so what. You don't look at the mantle piece when you're stoking the fire."

Errr... not quite sure how that applies in this case :(

Sui
08-06-2002, 02:42 AM
if you need to ask........then its obviouse is it not?

cya

sui

Geezer
08-06-2002, 06:57 AM
So what do you want from me now? and again, go ahead and tell me exactly what you thought of my school, Im a big boy I can take it. Oh, and good observation that I am short.

I'm not going to attack you're school or Ron Bey,I have nothing to gain from it.
I guess that's what makes us different,when I came to you're school I had an open mind, I didn't understand why you were doing some of the things you were, but that's me.
If I have any questions I can send you a private message. ;)

good observation that I am short

It would be hard not too,you're what,5' 4":D

Rolling_Hand
08-06-2002, 07:53 AM
It would be hard not too,you're what,5' 4"--Geezer

This little guy has a bigger mouth than most of us.

Is this called Yin & Yang in WCK???

Rolling_Hand
08-06-2002, 07:05 PM
Black & Blue sez:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Said ugly girl is ringing 'my' bell (in an "at the door" sense). Stupid post keeps popping up (D@mn, I've just put it back up to the top).

And like a friend of mine once said: "She's rank, so what. You don't look at the mantle piece when you're stoking the fire."

Errr... not quite sure how that applies in this case
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this called blind fold Chi-Sao or blind fold Fa Jing in Kaman Chan's school?

Geezer
08-06-2002, 07:10 PM
Is is called blind fold Chi-Sao or blind fold Fa Jing in Kaman Chan's school?

I think he's saying he prefers the type of girl that he can put a bag over her head.?:D